Forum

TF2lobby opens to the public

Created 19th January 2010 @ 20:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next »

Deleteme

Looks Good! Isnt there a cvar that allows you to speak to alive team mates while you’re dead? If so i dont see any problems. However, it;d be annoyed to get raped by a flanking scout and not be able to warn your med or something :x

compton

cvx|

Great effort! Let’s hope Valve makes the ingame voice chat better :) … Maybe a built-in Mumble integration? (Licensing *ka-ching* for Mumble developers ;)

Sclampf

i was a bit surprised about the voiceserver-part, too.

but hey, i think im gonna try it when i set up my ingame sound and your eu servers are fixed

Very nice design aswell!!

Last edited by Sclampf,

nvc

Quoted from compton

Great effort! Let’s hope Valve makes the ingame voice chat better :) … Maybe a built-in Mumble integration? (Licensing *ka-ching* for Mumble developers ;)

Yea let’s get the most user unfriendly interface that is mumble, implemented into tf2, a game trying to right now, introduce newbies to competitive tf2. I’d just be for updating their codecs.

Commander

Great work!

One note btw. nice to have – I start a lobby with my own server.
But i can’t play with because i’m still @ work ;) I only want to give
some european-players a server to play a match. Actually it isn’t possible
because of the limit 12 Players – i have to play with or it ends in a 5 vs. 6 match.
Is there a option to bypass this system? (sorry for my bad english :P )

cya

Last edited by Commander,

compton

cvx|

Quoted from nvc

[…]

Yea let’s get the most user unfriendly interface that is mumble, implemented into tf2, a game trying to right now, introduce newbies to competitive tf2. I’d just be for updating their codecs.

Well the user interface is part of the integration thing I was talking about?

Yeah I agree that Mumble is crap in usability, but it’s not like some of the ideas in Mumble couldn’t be transferred to TF2 voice chat (Voice activation, talking with dead people etc.).

Last edited by compton,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

have you forgot that valve added option to talk with dead people ? its included in tf2lobby (gravetalk)

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from Deleteme

Looks Good! Isnt there a cvar that allows you to speak to alive team mates while you’re dead? If so i dont see any problems. However, it;d be annoyed to get raped by a flanking scout and not be able to warn your med or something :x

That’s Gravetalk, mister.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Meh, now I have to wait for Valve to enable voice activation…

Or I’ll make a script to always have micrecord on :D But that would be annoying for others.

Ah well, I’ll give it a try when Euro servers are up, maybe I just need to get used to PTT again.

dougiie

CotC

had a good laugh playing with the yanks, but we played one game where the guy used his own public server – didnt put a password on it – so like there was 8v7 etc etc

:S

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Quoted from dougiie

had a good laugh playing with the yanks, but we played one game where the guy used his own public server – didnt put a password on it – so like there was 8v7 etc etc

:S

He knew you needed help being a big noooob and all.

:D

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from klu

[…]

He knew you needed help being a big noooob and all.

:D

lol says the guys who challenged us 11 years ago in the ladder ;)

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Quoted from dougiie

[…]

lol says the guys who challenged us 11 years ago in the ladder ;)

o/

reCon

looks cool and its a great idea!

some new ideas:
– add a new option like “mumble” or “ventrilo” ( or both ) to the “voicce options”. So if the “mumble” option is choosen, all know that u need mumble to play in this game.
– maybe add more “classlimit” options? Like u can choose the limits for each class?
– statistic? would be also cool to see who plays the most.
– add a gamemode option to choose modes like “4v4, 6v6, 9v9”?
– maybe an “merc” button to call in the lobby for a merc, a window popped up for every player in the lobby and there u can see what class is needed and u can see all match details which u had to know.
– IF THIS CAN WORK ( i have no idea ): add a option like “settings” to choose your .exe with which u want to start the game! ( for uncut patches or sth. like this! )

Best regards,
reCon

Last edited by reCon,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

add for hoster: “I only want to host, not to play”

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next »