Forum

Steam Group: Unusual 6vs6 TF2 Maps / looking for admins

Created 19th October 2012 @ 13:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Crafz

@Sketch
Quay: hugely unfinished. Mach4: ctf, and narrow. But we can talk about those the mirror isn’t cut in stone.

So you actually don’t want to play these maps because they’re bad? That goes for like all of the maps in the download thing aswell. It’s not bad if you want to play new maps for some change, but playing old ones because you haven’t realized they’re bad yet seems pointless.

Crafz

Quoted from Crafz

Quay: hugely unfinished. Mach4: ctf, and narrow. But we can talk about those the mirror isn’t cut in stone.

I just put up maps i thought people would like to play.

Last edited by Crafz,

Haha, when you spoke to me you didn’t say that the whole idea is about doublemixes. I thought you were talking about pub servers…:D

But still; You will have completely new maps that might not fit 6on6 perfectly and want to play it with 12 players of all skill levels… i think it will end up in a huge mess.
You could aswell open a Lobby with cp_nobodyheardofitbefore as an example and look how it works…:D

Last edited by Peign slays dragons,

Leif

Interesting! Would like to see if it gets enough attenction.

Btw most of those maps are terrible imo. freight is probably the only one still a bit playable.
I’d play:

cp_croissant_rc6
cp_quay_a17
cp_toxic (dunno which version)
cp_gravelpit (fuck yuo all who say it’s a team map, you wouldnt play it with your team anyway, why isnt it there its awesome)
ctf_turbine_pro_rc2
koth_pro_viaduct_rc3

would like to try cp_follower.

Last edited by Leif,

Koala

PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE GUNBOOOTS

Heck

What about mirrored “banned” maps? Like cp_sdnaldab?

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
I just put up maps i thought people would like to play.

I have Played tf2 for 5 years. I have played all the old maps. Get new maps.

what you offer is nothing unusual, just old. sry

stuff like:

cp_sdnaldab
cp_yranarg
cp_granary_pro
mach_4
koth_viaduct_whatever the pro-version is called
cp_follower
cp_ashville
Koth_waste
koth_riverside
cp_quay

these are mor interesting to me than regurgitating old maps

Last edited by Sketch,

envy

Quoted from Sketch

Hint: there is a lot of people from other tf2 generations. Stop being so egocentric.

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from envy

[…]
Hint: there is a lot of people from other tf2 generations. Stop being so egocentric.

I’ve only been playing for a year and looking through the maps you’ve shown I was dissapointed for the exact reason Sketch says. They’re just not good maps not unusual ones unfortunately.

choiie

keso

What’s the issue with playing an unfinished map? Without people playing maps, no map is ever gonna get finished. If you’re not interested in helping out that’s fine, but just one double mix or two on an “unfinished” map might be all a mapmaker need to find what’s missing.

Hallow

P.O.P

It’s just like unlocks tbh. People haven’t played enough to realize they don’t want them. People can’t face that other people actually might be able to judge the quality of a map/unlock so they have to try it out for themselves. That’s why the unlock discussion goes around in circles; it’s fed by new people who haven’t got a clue.

Crafz

Quoted from Sketch

I have played competitive TF2 for 3 years. I played most of the old maps too.

what you offer is nothing unusual, just old. sry

And here is my problem with your statement. 90% of players didn’t complain about obscure, well etc. we actually had FUN on those maps. I just don’t get how maps just get bad without the game mechanics actually changing.

cp_sdnaldab, cp_yranarg, cp_quay_a17, koth_pro_viaduct_rc3 / uploaded

cp_granary_pro / the only change i noticed is the wider choke on the mid, spawn doesn’t count, also we already got _proest

ctf_mach_4 / this is an old map and VERY soldier friendly because VERY narrow, i don’t think that this is a balanced map

cp_follower, cp_ashville / those where on the list already. btw follower is old

Koth_waste, koth_riverside / provide me with links and I will look in to them

Quoted from Hallow

It’s just like unlocks tbh. People haven’t played enough to realize they don’t want them. People can’t face that other people actually might be able to judge the quality of a map/unlock so they have to try it out for themselves. That’s why the unlock discussion goes around in circles; it’s fed by new people who haven’t got a clue.

What about north America? Unlocks seem to work there. Also, do you want to tell us that ALL unlocks (except for some medic unlocks) are bad and that ONLY 6 maps are actually good?

Last edited by Crafz,

wrock

vier

don’t start another unlocks discussion now please, there are dozens of that around…

if you want to play with unlocks or not can be handelt in the mixes too, just extract the right config

Crafz

Yeah, if you want to discuss this stuff for our group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/unusualtf2maps/discussions/0/864949037802553051Link[/url]
For now we just use the etf2l white list.

Hallow

P.O.P

I was comparing the mentality of wanting/not wanting unlocks. It has nothing to do with the unlocks themselves. I didn’t have anything against unlocks until I realized how it would changed some mechanics. My statement was about change, not unlocks.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »