Puppets

Hey,
i recently got problems with my TF2! First of all, this is my PC:
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600 @ 2,4 Ghz
GPU: GeCube HD 2900 XT (512MB GDDR-3)
Mainboard: GigaByte P965 DS-3
PSU: Enermax Liberty 500 Watt
RAM: 2x 1 Gigabyte DDR2-800

just out of nowhere i got framproblems one day … i blamed windows vista and installed windows xp again! after about 2 weeks i got the same problems on xp again! I really dont know what to do, my pc should handle TF2 (im playing it at 1680 x 1050, with everything on max and 4x AA and 8x AF)… i was used to get something around 50 to 80 frames with this setting and the frames never droped below 30 but now its kinda strange:
http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=10.02ZhuBAJXqqYZDWXI.JPG
i get this frames already when i join the server and i am just in the choose team menu.
even though reinstalling my pc didnt help this time :(
im using the 9.1 version of the ati driver
thanks for your help already
Puppets

Wlv

RaWr ::

Scan for spyware and other nasties. Also look at mores fps config it has some good launch options to set correct heapsizes for the amount of ram you have. A link to it is on the new to tf2 thread created by lighters

Norrland3000

net_graph 0

maybe not your problem, but helps the fps :)

Puppets

@ aqvist: net_graph 0 doesnt change it tbh still low fps
@ wlv: gonna check this cfg out but tbh i never used a cfg and it worked so far.. playing since the beta from tf (which crashed on vista and ati cards :X )

Crunchy

puppets do you randomly get bursts of good frame rates? as i had this the other day, all i did was clean out the hsf of my cpu and put some new thermal paste on and now its all sexy again

Puppets

okay just downloaded cpu-z and it tells me im using my cpu only at 1,6 GHZ! some screen there : http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/100209164927_cpu-1_6.JPG
do i use some wrong settings on my mainboard?

Absolute

weird. setting everything to auto?

Puppets

another screen with temp (sry but i seriously dont know if thats much):
http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/100209165633_hans.JPG
everything should be on auto but lemme check brbr restarting pc / booting into bios

J3

bad ocing or bios settings try to default it and turn off power saving settings, update bios if it doesnt work, and try to rolleback drivers for 8.10 ie.
from what I see on ur cpu-z those r stepping reduced values for power saving.
it might be like that because ir psu is not enough too, but that would be the last possible case.

uxus

same problem @

OS Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Video NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT (512 MB)

Memory 3072 MB

cpu Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

disable SpeedStep in BIOS, thats whats setting your clock @ 1.6Ghz, its a power saving feature.

bennY

dp.

lo, that’s me in the first link ;D

anyway, i had the same problem. i tried everything from old drivers to making TF2 look like Quake 1. Didn’t work.

So the only choice left for me was format c: …

… and it worked o_O

i did it 2 day ago and the game runs just fine.

my system:
Q6600 @ 2,4 GHZ
2 GB RAM
Sparkle 8800 GT
Asus p5b Deluxe
Windows XP

Crunchy

hmmm the cpu isnt even at load and already above 50 degrees on the cores, thats not great, mine only goes to 50 on 90% load, so that could very well be the problem

dunc

infs
dp.

Sounds like your CPU fan has given up the ghost tbh.

Crunchy

puppets have you taken the fan off for cleaning at all recently?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »