Forum

Need help in creating a map

Created 29th December 2008 @ 10:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Militant

First off, sorry for lame english x)

So, I’m a pretty fond of 3D graphics and now I want to try my hand at level-design. As I heard, TF2 lacks maps suitable for competitve play so I decided to create one. However, I don’t have any experience at comp play and in order to create such a map I need some input, playtesting and feedback on issues. Basically, I need people (clans) who can provide above said. Any thoughts about this are appreciated. You can contact me on IRC as Spektrum @ mpuk pickup or e-mail me : 800megaherz at gmail.com.

xzr

tbfh to create a working map you should have some insight on how the gameplay works (meaning it would be good if you had played the game or even some game). Otherwise the designing project is gonna be a shitload of work for the designer(you) and the support group(players).

This game does lack good maps and I hope you will make it and create a good 6on6 map, but finding the people with enough stamina to explain everything in detail is going to be hard.

Anyway, good luck with the project mate.

Militant

Don’t worry, I have some notion about competitive play :D

Also, I would like to hear what features you all like and dislike in most played maps such as granary and badlands? This means overall map design as well as individual areas

Darn

rockit like

Theres nothing wrong with granary nor badlands !

Waebi

‹Con›

^what he said. These maps are imo very good, allow backcaps and every class to be played.

Also, remember that you should always have at least 2 entrances to a point, 3 is best.

Militant

Can you phrase what actually makes it so good for you? Things such as importance of vertical control on granary etc.

And what can be improved in your opinion? Such as making certain areas more wide/choked, spacing betwenn CP’s, spawnpoints?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not planning to make a bland remake, I just need to have an idea what target audience like/dislike

Militant

Well, at least post any ideas (sketches preferably) you have…

Renegade

Imperial

Well I would like to see an open version of middles using lumberyard textures/models. Something as simplistic as middle of turbine maybe.

Add A Reply Pages: 1