Forum

[HLS5] Provisional Feedback Thread

Created 6th October 2013 @ 17:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 Next »

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from Munky

The overlap is pretty insane right now. UGC, Wireplay and ETF2L highlander as well as ESEA and ETF2L 6’s.

Stop complaining and learn to prioritize, you don’t need to play everything.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Tuto

[…]

It’s a perfectly good reason to complain.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Munky

The overlap is pretty insane right now. UGC, Wireplay and ETF2L highlander as well as ESEA and ETF2L 6’s.

Don’t forget ugc 6s 8)

SmitZ

Quoted from Tuto

[…]

Several leagues are running seasons at the same time. That’s a perfectly legitimate reason to complain.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Don’t forget ugc 6s 8)

Noone plays that, though.

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from Tuto

[…]learn to prioritize, you don’t need to play everything.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Tuto

[…]

You’re supposed to reason your arguments, not just repeat them and hope people agree.

Last edited by Freakie,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Freakie

[…]
Noone plays that, though.

I know, it’s because they are scared of banana squad e-sports. 8)

Just you wait until we get our plat 6s medals, then we’ll see who’s laughing!!

Protip: it’s us :)

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I feel like this longer format will be better for competition and consistency over time, however the schedule for other leagues are not ETF2L’s issue, the overlap with the 6’s we can control but we cannot control when other leagues wish to schedule their competitions as we lay the schedule months in advanced.

The only advice I can give for the overlap is to use your wildcards if the schedule is too much, you have 2 currently. It does mean fitting more matches in later on this season, but the 6’s one is due to end next week so it does free up more time to play games.

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Wouldn’t all the diffrent leagues benefit if they spread out through the year, instead of competing against eachother? The players would have a easier time playing, the leagues would never “steal” players from other leagues and such.

I dunno if this is even possible, but if it is, the only problem I can see is that people might not wanna play in leagues non-stop. When that happens, it’s just up to the organizers to be better then the others.

SmitZ

Quoted from nijoonen

Wouldn’t all the diffrent leagues benefit if they spread out through the year, instead of competing against eachother? The players would have a easier time playing, the leagues would never “steal” players from other leagues and such.

I dunno if this is even possible, but if it is, the only problem I can see is that people might not wanna play in leagues non-stop. When that happens, it’s just up to the organizers to be better then the others.

That would be easy for ETF2L and Wireplay to do, because they’re both European-based. UGC however, is American, and the longest of the three leagues, which makes that lovely idea a whole lot less feasible since there’s no reason for them to change their schedule for us. The UGC seasons run for so long with very little time between them as well.

I guess Wireplay could time their seasons better, but besides that there’s not much to be done about it.

Quoted from Hildreth

we cannot control when other leagues wish to schedule their competitions as we lay the schedule months in advanced.

^ This. Wireplay seems like the one that could start their seasons at more appropriate times, not ETF2L or UGC, since their schedules are already set.

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

You’re supposed to reason your arguments, not just repeat them and hope people agree.

But he’s Tutorial, he doesn’t play by your rules.

Last edited by SmitZ,

Candle

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

Several leagues are running seasons at the same time. That’s a perfectly legitimate reason to complain.

Deox

wL.
wL.

Quoted from Tuto

[…]

You are missing the point, people shouldn’t have to “prioritize” what leagues they play if they want to be able to play them all, it shouldn’t be pick and choose when you should be able to enjoy all leagues without difficulties.

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from Deox

[…]

You are missing the point, people shouldn’t have to “prioritize” what leagues they play if they want to be able to play them all, it shouldn’t be pick and choose when you should be able to enjoy all leagues without difficulties.

Go read what Hildreth said. Good boy.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Hildreth

I feel like this longer format will be better for competition and consistency over time, however the schedule for other leagues are not ETF2L’s issue, the overlap with the 6’s we can control but we cannot control when other leagues wish to schedule their competitions as we lay the schedule months in advanced.

The only advice I can give for the overlap is to use your wildcards if the schedule is too much, you have 2 currently. It does mean fitting more matches in later on this season, but the 6’s one is due to end next week so it does free up more time to play games.

this is what’s being said every time the suggestion is brought up. either you’re missing the point or you (being etf2l) just dont give a fuck.

feedback you ask for
“i don’t really like the overlap with other leagues, as i try to play several and this makes for a more than busy schedule, maybe you could.”
here comes the suggestion:
“maybe you could talk to the organizers of other leagues and try to find some optimum arrangement?”

if that’s not possible (because removing overlap is not possible, not because you refuse to bother tryiing) then it’s not possible and that’s a whole lot better answer than “we don’t care about what you want apart from etf2l, and even then we don’t really care”.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 Next »