Forum

4 January, 2nd ESH One Night Wonder Cup

Created 31st December 2009 @ 14:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

After the success of the first edition, we were eager to follow up with a second cup. It will happen on Monday the 4th of January, and feature an increased teamsize of 32 teams. This means it’ll start at 19:30 CET, which is 30 minutes earlier, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

We invite everyone to join thus cup, it is an ideal moment to get back into action after the christmas break.

Full details and a signup link can be found on the Esports Heaven website. http://www.esportsheaven.net/?page=tournament&action=view&tournament_id=61

nvc

COD4

PC World Tournament with AMD
@
1st:
£500/5 = 5x £100

– The ROCCAT SDMS Cup
@
1st:
€250/5 = 5x £50
– 5x ROCCAT Kova Pure Performance Gaming Mouse
– 5x ROCCAT Sota Granular Gaming Mousepad
– 5x ROCCAT Arvo Compact Gaming Keyboard*
– 5x ROCCAT Apuri USB-Hub with Mouse Bungee
2nd:
– 5x ROCCAT Tusko Widescreen Monitor Bags
3rd:
– 5x ROCCAT Apuri Mouse Bungees, with built-in USB hub

prizes? :(

Why not just hold a 64 slot cup and put some prizes up if 32 is not the minimum. “Soon” for cash prizes got tiring about 2 years ago in TF2.

GL to everyone anyway… seems a waste of time for half arsed promises though, the ” building community BS like the BF2 cups state is crap, this community is better than COD4. CGS promised £20000. Multiplay promised a cash prize since i34… i35, i36, i37 and i38 later.. we then finally got one.

Don’t get me wrong though. thanks for putting your time into it thus far. I just expected more from heaven media.+

Last edited by nvc,

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

will sign up when we have 6 on our roster

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Yes, at the moment it are just promises, I’m not going to argue with that.

TF2 is a new section at ESH, and smaller than CSS/COD4. ESH relies on sponsors to get prizes for their cup. Those sponsors don’t just throw money at things because someone says it’s cool. They will want to see first that TF2 at ESH runs smoothly (You don’t want your name attatched to a tournament that dies halfway), and gets proper attention (coverage) Once we, as a community, show that; sponsored TF2 tournaments can be considered. Before that, they cannot.

You can compare it to UKeSA. The TF2 people got together and did their best to get a lot of teams and support the tournament. You all know the result: TF2 as the premiership game with the biggest prize pot. It’s called quid pro quo.

Now, we have been promised this.

Apart from the One Night Wonders you will see starting very soon, I’m happy to announce that we are already planning for both hardware and cash tournaments for TF2 on Esports Heaven.

Oh and trust me, i wouldn’t be doing this if i thought it wasn’t worth it and that the ESH management were likely to hoodwink us. If that were the case i would be disappointed aswell. I put time and effort into this, and not just to let it all go to waste.

So you can say, “No prizes off the bat, so i won’t bother.”, or you can at the very least try and have a pleasant evening full of TF2 either way.

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

LET’S FUCKING DO IT!
TF2 COMMUNITY HOOOOOO!

skinnie

TCM

signed up

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

6 teams signed up. Only 26 to go :)

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

come on boys, sign up

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

WOOOOOO! ))))))))))))))

Loco

Mayo

We are in :D

Black_Bob

[DA]

Started signing up a team :)

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

BAM!
I’LL NEVER STOP BUMPING UNTIL WE HAVE 32 SIGNED UP!
SPREAD THE WORD!
TF2! TF2! TF2! TF2! TF2! TF2! TF2! TF2! TF2!

Jazzman

keso

signing up a team right now :D

NerdZone

2 boX? teams in, can;’t say we don’t help :D

Depch

Need moar teams 14/32 atm. :>

(bump)

Last edited by Depch,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »