Forum

Deathadder or G500?

Created 27th June 2011 @ 21:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Jorman

EPA

Hello there. My both mice are both completely fucked up and disconnect every 10 bloody seconds. It’s a nightmare. MX518 and G5. Both have the same problem. Apparently it’s at where the cord is plugged into the mouse. Identical issues on both and both are logitech obviously.

So first question is: Are all Logitech mice behave like that over a 1,5-2 years of usage timespan, or is it just my unbelievable luck? I’ve been using 35cm sensitivity for more than a year so I guess I move them around too much. But blast me if gaming mice aren’t supposed to withstand that kind of usage.

And the second question is in the name of the topic: Which mouse should I choose? Both are the same price here, so I would like to see some opinions of their users. How are they holding up after a long time of usage? And is the logitech cord as shitty as it was for me with my both (I still love them) mice?

TL;DR Post your thoughts on either of the mice, pros cons, and please only if you used (are using) them. Help me buy a better one! Thank you!

Last edited by Jorman,

george

Abyssus obviously..

sajtos

Go for the DA, its better. Though If youve been using G5 and Mx518 you could get used to G500 easier…Try them out if you can

Jorman

EPA

Quoted from sajtos

Go for the DA, its better. Though If youve been using G5 and Mx518 you could get used to G500 easier…Try them out if you can

Sadly in Soviet Ukraine, the mice try out you… Well I mean people at our hardware shops aren’t too nice to give us a ride with a future hardware. At least I haven’t seen one yet :)
But thx for the reply!

Last edited by Jorman,

sajtos

also, do you use claw grip or palm grip? DA is better for palmgrippers and if the G500s shape is similiar to G5 it should be comfortable with both

konr

Not had problems with my G500 until very recently. Now for some reason now and then my mouse will just “restart” and it will stop working for 10 secs. Midgame too, which is annoying.

dvb

I’ve been using Deathadder for about 2 years now, I haven’t had any problems with it. It tracks smoothly, doesn’t jitter and the cord seems like it has just been dragged out of the box. Furthermore, it’s ergonomical shape is s1ck once you get used to it since both mx518 and g5 are ambidextrous. Oh yeah, I forgot I’m using really low sensitivity which means something aroun 60cm/360°. Can’t recommend any better mice.

Jorman

EPA

Quoted from konr

Not had problems with my G500 until very recently. Now for some reason now and then my mouse will just “restart” and it will stop working for 10 secs. Midgame too, which is annoying.

Started exactly the same way for me. And then I had fun for all season until now. Now it disconnects for 5 seconds but every 10 seconds. I can barely move it until it dies. Both mice yeah.

Jorman

EPA

Quoted from dvb

I’ve been using Deathadder for about 2 years now, I haven’t had any problems with it. It tracks smoothly, doesn’t jitter and the cord seems like it has just been dragged out of the box. Furthermore, it’s ergonomical shape is s1ck once you get used to it since both mx518 and g5 are ambidextrous. Oh yeah, I forgot I’m using really low sensitivity which means something aroun 60cm/360°. Can’t recommend any better mice.

That’s a big plus towards DA.

Jorman

EPA

Quoted from sajtos

also, do you use claw grip or palm grip? DA is better for palmgrippers and if the G500s shape is similiar to G5 it should be comfortable with both

Palm grip except for just a tiny little bit of claw on my fingers. I guess it’s just the length of mouse that is causing it. So basically it’s palm. But I guess adjusting won’t take much time.

konr

@dvb: What mousemat? I have a 59cm/360 and my razer goliathus large edition and it’s good, but it seems a little bit too small for my aimstyle. I’m new to low sens though so idk.

alfa

Xai, best mouse

Last edited by alfa,

Jorman

EPA

Quoted from alfa

Xai, best mouse

I’m aiming @ $70 here, so it’s a no. But thx anyway. Just choosing between the two I mentioned. :)

george

Quoted from Jorman

Just choosing between the two I mentioned. :)

Then go for DA.

Last edited by george,

XO -

mx510 nothing wrong with it and been using it 6 years or more i think

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »