Forum

Brink

Created 8th May 2011 @ 22:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 31 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from d2m

A server with intelligent people on, is immensely fun!

The same applies to tf2. but yeah :D

catman

These game actualy is peace of shit

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from catman

These game actualy is peace of shit

If you expected another COD style shooter, then yes, its shit.
They delivered exactly what they told about in those developer diaries, its still buggy and laggy, yes, but thats how every new game has come out in the past years, they are gonna fix it (i hope).

Krimson

Quoted from Orchid

[…]
If you expected another COD style shooter, then yes, its shit.
They delivered exactly what they told about in those developer diaries, its still buggy and laggy, yes, but thats how every new game has come out in the past years, they are gonna fix it (i hope).

It’s horrible that releasing a broken game is some kind of acceptable standard now…

Dr Icecream

Quoted from Orchid

[…]
i hope

WOODY[

Op4

really fun game

Sketch

MM

i am kinda annoyed that people will buy this game. Why do you not wait for a finished product. this is all EA’s fault. they got you accustomed to this shit and you are dumb for not caring

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from Sketch

i am kinda annoyed that people will buy this game. Why do you not wait for a finished product. this is all EA’s fault. they got you accustomed to this shit and you are dumb for not caring

I remember when I was younger, I had a gameboy, if a gameboy game wasn’t finished or had major bugs they wouldn’t dream of releasing it. Now however it seems to make a top hit if you release something which is about 2-3 months off being finished and full of bugs which you should of found really early on in development or testing

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

good game…shame about the lag

pykow

Hopefully they will fix al PC bugs like:

Huge lag
Sound drop away
Players are invisible
Can’t walk forward after sliding on the ground.
people with AMD/ATI GPU have low FPS.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

It is okay I guess, nothing special or genre changing.

KOVACS

Quoted from Krimson

[…]

It’s horrible that releasing a broken game is some kind of acceptable standard now…

+1

It’s been like this for over a decade but mainly since EA started hauling ass as a publisher and realized they can establish contracts with developers that have unrealistically short development cycles and no option for extended development. Other publishers/developers are also guilty of the same and usually it results in a pretty epic early death for the game both in public and competitive format.

It even happened way back when Tribes 2 was released in 2001 and the game almost completely died before the developers finally managed to fix most of the bugs a full year after release, at which point there was a resurgence of players. Most other titles don’t have a resurgence, they just die and become forgotten.

Last edited by KOVACS,

Sunbather

maksa

what KOVACS said, also do you think my stone age nvidia 8400 gs can handle the game?

KOVACS

Thinking about buying Brink but some of the bigger mentioned issues are really putting me off and I typically dislike FPS games filled with high damage rapid-fire rifles and SMG’s because the skill ceiling for aim, movement and prediction drops off a cliff.

The SMART movement system seems nothing more than a gimmicky “win button” console port although for sure it’s better to have it than nothing. The free movement is appealing from a gameplay perspective and nice to watch, my only issue with it is the complete lack of skill needed to execute the movements effectively.

If Splash Damage introduce something like a SMART “PRO” system where the user has to make use of timings and keyboard/mouse movement combinations to properly execute the crazy moves then I’ll definately buy this game, but that sort of thing isn’t likely to happen for months at the very least and more likely never.

There’s certainly a lot of hype around the game right now both from a player and league perspective (ESL announced 15,000 euro tournament today for example) and many people from several different well established FPS scenes are confident this game can be an active and prosporous in a competitive format. This is the main attraction of the game for me.

I’d recommend that any other sceptics also watch the Day 2 Panel Discussion on http://www.thebrink.tv/videos.php as they make plenty of valid points about the current and possible future state of the game.

fuo

iSlam
BUNCS

Quoted from KOVACS

If Splash Damage introduce something like a SMART “PRO” system where the user has to make use of timings and keyboard/mouse movement combinations to properly execute the crazy moves then I’ll definately buy this game, but that sort of thing isn’t likely to happen for months at the very least and more likely never.

The SMART system plays a really little part in the actual game to be completely honest, it shouldn’t be the reason you’re not buying it.

But yeah, there’s loads of problems. My game looks like this due to me being on a HD4870: http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/lucasrds/brink.png

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 31 Next »