Forum

Brink

Created 8th May 2011 @ 22:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 31 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Just to play sceptic, could anyone try and explain to me why this game is going to be popular? So far the only thing i’ve seen that would suggest it’ll be a decent competitive game is the fact it’s made by the guys who made ET.

It just seems a bland, generic, shiny console FPS game to me.

Last edited by Skyride,

randa

1.Quit Tf2
2.Goto Brink
3.Realise its shit
4.???
5.come back to tf2.

heres looking at you mvp.

dougiie

CotC

love you randa

exactly what we all said in mumble :D

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

It does look rather shite to me :/

But I will wait for a few months before I buy it, but I’m really not sure on this, just looks like GOW.

Not sure why so many FPS’s need to be big, chunky and looks like someone has shat everywhere.

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Skyride

It just seems a bland, generic, shiny console FPS game to me.

I dont get it either

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Considering its gameplay, I think it will be awful as a spectator, cluttered and hectic. Also I can’t see what game mode would make it competitive, best would be bomb plant, but even that wouldn’t be that good.

Also doesn’t seem to take that much skill, it is one ‘smart’ button that does all your movement for you.

iQue

keso

The SMART movement system was the thing that caught my interest… but from what I’ve seen it’s pretty much “hold sprint and look at where you want to go” :/

Gun play looks pretty clunky as well and I have a hard time seeing it work that well competitively, but it had potential as a pub game. Lots of teamwork elements.

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

Splash Damage have never made me disappointed before, so i can’t find a reason why i should be disappointed now.

I’m a huge fan of their earlier games, ET:Wolfenstein and ET:Quake Wars, i love the objective mode. (I blame the vehicles for the none success in ET:QW)

bpf

rockit

Quoted from CrashSite

Considering its gameplay, I think it will be awful as a spectator, cluttered and hectic. Also I can’t see what game mode would make it competitive, best would be bomb plant, but even that wouldn’t be that good.

Also doesn’t seem to take that much skill, it is one ‘smart’ button that does all your movement for you.

on the smart thing:

“With SMART, players can simply focus on going where they need to go and leave the complex stuff to SMART. That said, for players who want to master that complex stuff as well, it’s worth noting that SMART is entirely optional, and anything you can do with it can also be done with well-timed presses of Jump, Crouch, and Sprint. And if you decide to do these things manually, if your timing is good, you’ll actually find yourself moving through the environment even more efficiently[/b].”
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1197/brink-splash-damage-interview?o=1#listing

and also this gamemode with the objectives works in et for many many years…

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The main competitive game mode will probably be some kind of stopwatch/A/D mode according to the creators.

How well is BRINK prepared for the competitive eSport scene? — Trivve

Splash Damage has a long history of supporting competitive players, starting all the way back with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory – that game is still being played competitively to this day, eight years after its release. We’ve also got a fair few guys here at Splash Damage hailing from the clan scene, including myself!

As with our previous games, Brink features the competition-friendly Stopwatch game mode. If you haven’t heard of it before, it’s pretty straightforward. Both teams take it in turns to play on the attack and the one that manages to set the faster time wins. If neither team manages to play through the whole map within the timelimit, Brink will first check which team managed to make more progress, and if that’s tied too, the team with the most XP wins.

We’ve also made sure that our maps scale down to 5 on 5, since we know that smaller team sizes are very important for clan matches. We even have a special matchmaking playlist right in the console versions of game that’s set up for these smaller team sizes. This playlist also turns on friendly fire and voice chat, while switching off things like Command Post buffs, bots, and overtime for the rawest competitive experience possible. On the PC, you’ve got dedicated servers of course, so all of these settings are at your disposal as well.

Of course, all of that doesn’t even take into account Brink’s unique, objective-driven gameplay that’s all about working together as a coordinated team. We just had a big community tournament here at the Splash Damage offices, and the variety of tactics being used there was a huge amount of fun to watch. We can’t wait to see all the crazy things people come up with once the game is released and people are really diving into it!

A quote from a Q and A with the developers.

so we’ll see.

Oxy

TC.Express

I heard this game doesn’t have hats D:

bpf

rockit

Quoted from Oxy

I heard this game doesn’t have hats D:

also wrong

but no fucking “flying-heart” hats at least

Last edited by bpf,

longas

You are acting like close minded CS kids talking about TF2. Maybe the game will be a fail, but first play and then shoot shit over it if you don’t like it.

And if you have watched videos and you don’t like them, try to watch some TF2 played on xbox in youtube.

Last edited by longas,

Warcloud

[MC]

It’s going to be so popular because it’s made by the creators of quake which is the greatest shooter game of all times

torden

broder
syster

What makes me the most skeptical is the fact that in the future, there’s no women, and everybody has really long faces :(

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 31 Next »