x
Dear teams and players, thank you for participating in the ETF2L 6v6 Season 47 (Spring 2024). We would appreciate if you could take your time to go through this little feedback form.

Forum

[Contest Entry WIP] CP_YUKON (formerly Ash Ridge)

Created 27th February 2009 @ 00:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

takes ages to walk from point to point, sniper heaven, no real chokepoints (except 1st to 2nd area).

make the cp’s more close to each other ;o

check the walkingtimes from cp to cp from MAINROUTE (where you think players will walk when advancing from cp to next) with example medic, cause he doesnt have great speed to advance. compare them to some stockmap.. but thats just what im thinking :B

MangyCarface

Yukon, as medic: Advancing:
Cp1-2: 11s (On conveyor)
2-3: 11s (bottom route)
3-4: 14s (Top route)
4-5: 10s (On conveyor, Difference between 1-2 and 4-5 is negligible)

Granary, as medic, advancing:
CP1-2: 11s (bottom right route)
CP2-3: 14s (Quickest route)
CP3-4: Identical; 14s
CP4-5 10s (Difference between 1-2 and 4-5 is negligible)

As you can see, I made the distances very very close to each other; however, the longer distance between 3 and 4 when attacking 4, opposing the shorter distance going from 2 to 3, ought to mean greater contesting of the middle point, and therefore more interesting back and forth play.

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

yukon

2-3: 11s (bottom route)

thats my problem. that isnt the route where people attacks cause its lower and gives you disadvantage immediately, try the upper route. thats where people attack and check the times again.

MangyCarface

I believe in tradeoffs to make passage choice an interesting and class-based decision, rather than a simple left or right option. Bottom is not only faster, but you can immediately turn right on exit and pass through the cover of the building, and then on to flank the other team when they begin to cap. Bottom is also less likely to encounter offenders attacking your CP2 when you’re trying to retake 3, as it’s a bad route to pick to get to 2 from 3.
Top route gives a height advantage and drops you near the health, but is gonna take significantly longer to actually get to the point.

EDIT:
Scratched together enough for a very, very rough compile of CP1 to tease yall. Changing name from yukon to Ash Ridge, and theme is more parkish/mountainous than wintry.

Screenshot!

Requesting you do not comment on aesthetics. All problems shown in that shot are known and most likely already addressed. Just tryin to tease yall on!

kankle_king

Can you please post a working DL link? I love Frontier, I can’t wait to play this one. Looking at the screens the layout looks wonderful.

Akill

Interested to see how cp1 handles now with the minor alterations.

I like the intelligent path design into cp3. Its actually easy and quicker to RJ the longer path as a demo/soldier. allowing scouts/heavies to take the lower route. This lets a heavy approach the bridge better as well, which will make him a strong contender on cp3. Snipers will want to take the longer route as it gives them good positioning, the fact it will take them longer to reach it IMO is a bonus to the design of cp3. you dont want to contend with snipers being at cp3 instantly

MangyCarface

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE update. Check the first post for details and screens! Lots of good balance changes based on playtesting. Have fun!

Renegade

Imperial

It looks fantastic, are those textures L4D textures?

Some small points, some overlapping textures on some poles on the middle bridge, also the ambient sound of crickets at the centre area is frustrating!!! Cant play with that clicking!

Morty

RG

Wasnt it gonna be an icy theme? :<

SfynX

T2P

this maps looks rly impressive, althought the mid looks very small rly but thats not a problem with a bit of modding.

second point defo looks awsome to play and final as well, get it on serv and lets get rofling!

wer

tfortress.no

looks good :)

one thing that strikes me when running around on it tho, was that BLU’s cp 2 looked very RED themed.

MangyCarface

Textures are custom- not from L4D, so they fit the TF2 style.
As my detailing progressed, I settled into this style over snow and ended up liking it a lot more. Reminds me of a park or something :)
Trust me friend, the middle is not small. It’s actually rather large, but player distributions divide it up in a way that it doesn’t feel overwhelming. Use the bridge!
You’re kinda right Wer. I’ll be doing more differentiation between the sides in the future.

Hoping yall will playtest for me- it took roughly 120 hours of my time to detail it, but I’d like for it to be balance so that you’ll play it.

Renegade

Imperial

My post may have sounded negative; I love this map complettely, its definately one of my new favourites. I posted the problems i saw :)

Keep at this map a little bit, youve done the hard work, and i believe it will pay off.

grey

nm

Absolutely amazing.

remO

This looks fantastic, cant wait to try it out!

EDIT: Just played it. This is deffo one of my favs in the competition. Theres a couple of bugs and stuff that need sorting out, but its a1 so its expected.

Overall 9/10.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »