Forum

idk? frog in division 1

Created 19th February 2010 @ 21:12

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »

Sebb

IsF

Crack clan in div 2?
From my point of few you are (at the moment) everything but not div2. Good luck and best wishes, you will need it.

hykleri

Quoted from kaidus

It’s also badlands.

And we did not play with our main lineup. Jormii and I was away, so Gummi and Az played. And btw what “it’s gullywash”? It is an official etf2l map just like badlands.

Quoted from Sidney

[…]
And for some results, just have a look at our esportsheaven recent matchs and wireplay.

Don’t be ridiculous please. You won against MM. WOW! they were/are inactive and i think that is the reason why they have folded. Seriously, just don’t be ridiculous.

edit: Ohh… Exhilium in div2 now! It seems like our playoff really worth it.

Last edited by hykleri,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from hykleri

[…]

Newsflash: Teams fold. If a team that lost a playoff is a better fit than the other teams in a division, they’ll fill a gap.

Some of you have some ludicrous ideas and really no concept of how one team folding affects a lot more than just one other.

Gobi

WSB?

Quoted from hykleri

[…]

And we did not play with our main lineup. Jormii and I was away, so Gummi and Az played. And btw what “it’s gullywash”? It is an official etf2l map just like badlands.

[…]

Don’t be ridiculous please. You won against MM. WOW! they were/are inactive and i think that is the reason why they have folded. Seriously, just don’t be ridiculous.

French don’t have only ingame hacks. As you can see some of us can hack etf2l too.
It’s the french touch :)

hykleri

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Newsflash: Teams fold. If a team that lost a playoff is a better fit than the other teams in a division, they’ll fill a gap.

Some of you have some ludicrous ideas and really no concept of how one team folding affects a lot more than just one other.

You are right, i was a bit mad… about Exhilium. But i still don’t agree with idkF. At least without playoffs. And in this case, there weren’t any playoffs, because of the time and shit. Allright, I understand that running a league is not that easy, and someone will always whine about your decisions, BUT! Just look at the teams. notag and broder, maybe even Mister would be a better choice than idkF.

Guard

Oh yeah, we loose a game against Px in etf2l playoff.
But we beat r@ts on esport heaven cup, beat broders on esport heaven cup, beat EE in wireplay league. In facts recently one fail in official games, and many good games.

We know that we’ll probably work hard to not being directly take down in div2, but we know too that a season in div 1 is a very great experience.

You can say it’s not fair for broders or others teams bla bla.

And please Gobi and others EFALL, create another thread for your drama, even if i understand what you want, it’s not the point here.

Probably one of the first times i’ll say thanks to etf2l admins !

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

I agree Hykleri, there were 4 teams and any of them could have potentially had the Division 1 spot. Play-offs would be a logistical nightmare though, no matter what people think.

Let’s assume you were to take idk? frog, Broder, Mister, notag as the four “better teams”. You could perhaps pair them off and then say the winners would play each other…but then teams would consider this to be unfair, as they might feel we intentionally put them against the team they perceive to be the best of the four. Or that another team got the easy draw because they were pitted against the ‘weakest’ team.

Thus you would have to turn a play-off into a series of round-robin matches. Each team would need to play each other once, with the two teams with the best results playing each other in a “final”. So now you’re looking at 6 group games:

A v B
A v C
A v D
B v C
B v D
C v D

And then a final at the end, to make 7 matches.

So yes, that would’ve been the most fair way of doing it…and yes it would’ve been really exciting, I would’ve loved spectating a lot of those games. However, it was completely unfeasible to fit in a 7-match play-off competition which would have ensured that each of the teams had an equal chance to get into Division 1. Therefore we chose to pick the best team that we considered on current form, and that’s how our vote went.

I’m genuinely sorry if anyone thinks we made a decision in the wrong manner, however I will stand by the method we chose and hopefully you can understand with the explanation above that it’s just too late to have the fair play-off matches now.

If we have made a bad decision, tell us at the end of the season when the results prove it to be a bad decision. We’re just a group of players like yourselves, who play the same game that we all love. We’re not trying to fuck the league up or make people angry. There is always going to be some negativity to any decision because 2000+ people do not share the same opinion. We’re still the same volunteers, giving up hours of spare time to ensure a league system runs as smoothly as possible.

Mike

TEZC

They probably saw Choun and Hansa’s vids!

What I’d like to know, is why did the admins consider idk? Frog a better candidate for Div1 than for instance 7 Brothers? (Serious question. Not an attack)

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

What I’d like to know, is why did the admins consider idk? Frog a better candidate for Div1 than for instance 7 Brothers? (Serious question. Not an attack)

From my essay above:

Therefore we chose to pick the best team that we considered on current form, and that’s how our vote went.

Hope that helps :]

Edit: I also answered the same question at the top of page 2 of this thread :x

Last edited by d2m,

Good luck!

Anathema

Quoted from d2m

B v D

:O

Insomniak

Girafe >
UKF

Quoted from d2m

You could perhaps pair them off and then say the winners would play each other…but then teams would consider this to be unfair, as they might feel we intentionally put them against the team they perceive to be the best of the four.

So what? Isn’t the goal to point out the best of four teams?

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Insomniak

[…]

So what? Isn’t the goal to point out the best of four teams?

It doesn’t give each team an equally fair chance at the Division 1 spot, as I quite clearly and carefully explained :)

crzfst

Quoted from Sebb

Crack clan in div 2?
From my point of few you are (at the moment) everything but not div2. Good luck and best wishes, you will need it.

This.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »