Forum

Discussion regarding the usage of banned players.

Created 14th October 2009 @ 10:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

Waebi

‹Con›

Actually “Mads” trialed for us once, before he joined empathy together with hoppi. But since he didn’t played for us, i dont even mind thinking about how everything could have been. Seems like we just had luck, and you didn’t :]

Ignorance is no excuse.

see what i did there? :))

This is fucked up, seriously.

muffe

fleisch!
RHS

Well, if he would have played for us in this match and not for TDR we would face the same consequences and probably nobody would care. except for us ofc

Last edited by muffe,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

If it was you we would have had no problem with a rematch. Especially with a guarantee the result wouldn’t be worse for us whatever happened. We prefer earning our points instead of getting them for free.

btw:
http://etf2l.org/forum/crecruiting/topic-2070/page-2/

Mads and sonofpi3 in the same topic? 5 days after each other? Can anyone check if their ip’s matched there?

Last edited by Koeitje,

Skyride

DUCS

IP’s probably aren’t logged for that length of time, I’d be worried if they were. :S

(Unless of course the forum logs the IP in the posts table?)

Either way Mads already admitted it was his other account, the only contestable thing is whether he was hacking or not (I don’t believe for one second he was/is on his new Mads account but I can’t speak for his old account).

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Rather disappointing admin decision, even though we don’t have the -1 anymore. Still find it unacceptable we are being punished for the failures of the admin team. The guy played an entire season in etf2l, a season in which numerous players were banned. So don’t give me the “no ac crew” bullshit. You failed, we suffer the consequences. End of story.

Let this be a warning to anybody recruiting a player that has played only 230 days or less in this league. Don’t pay attention to the number of clans a player has had or whether or not he played an entire season. What you should do though is contact the admins to let them check out your new recruit. This is the only way to prevent this happening to your clan. If the player turns out to be banned before it’s admins fault and you lose no points. If however the player was banned before and actually cheated in the matches you played with him you should lose points.

@ the admins: still looking forward to your screening of all our players. Haven’t heard from anyone yet. We just recruited some new players, could you please make sure they weren’t banned before? Also don’t forget to check out the rest of the roster. I don’t want to lose anymore points this seasons due to reasons beyond our control (but that were within the control of the admins.) I’m actually very serious about this and want to have an admin confirm they are working on this. I expect a full report some time next week.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Niggles

The angry train is in town, next stop, who knows!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I also hope the admins have realized what effect defaulting the match could have on the bottom have of our division. This could potentially result in unbalancing the divs next season.

vlad_drac

xoxo

Koeitje, you should know better than to roster a player who has almost a year notched up as a registered user. It doesn’t matter how many clans he’s played for. It doesn’t matter that he’s slipped under the radar of the team who are out to actually catch cheats, the anti cheat/admin team.

Yes they have many many resources available to them, yes they have a large team that are dedicated to sniffing out ex cheats with new accounts.

And yes, you’re just some guy running a clan. But if you can’t recognise a squeaky clean ex-cheater who expertly tricked the system, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO? THEY’RE ONLY THE EXPERTS DUDE.

Jeez get some perspective dude.

Let these docked points be a lesson to you.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Niggles

Koeitje, you should know better than to roster a player who has almost a year notched up as a registered user. It doesn’t matter how many clans he’s played for. It doesn’t matter that he’s slipped under the radar of the team who are out to actually catch cheats, the anti cheat/admin team.

Yes they have many many resources available to them, yes they have a large team that are dedicated to sniffing out ex cheats with new accounts.

And yes, you’re just some guy running a clan. But if you can’t recognise a squeaky clean ex-cheater who expertly tricked the system, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO? THEY’RE ONLY THE EXPERTS DUDE.

What he said.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

vlad just won the internet

lmao

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I’m seriously tempted to just ask to admins to deduct that point again (loco said do whatever I feel is right) . It probably won’t make any difference for the tables at the end of the season. That single point is just a flag on a turd. It’s the admins trying to look good and trying to draw the attention away from the fact that they failed miserably. There was only 1 proper solution to this problem, but I guess it was to hard for the admins to admit they made a mistake.

@ lol vlad :D

Last edited by Koeitje,

Anathema

This is pathetic.
Rematch, like I proposed before.
The result can NEVER be 6-0 for TDR, best result for TDR is 4-1.
Maggots can’t lose anything, only gain 3-3 or 0-6.
TDR have a fair chance to prove themselves.

Ffs do this already.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

This is pathetic.
Rematch, like I proposed before.
The result can NEVER be 6-0 for TDR, best result for TDR is 4-1.
Maggots can’t lose anything, only gain 3-3 or 0-6.
TDR have a fair chance to prove themselves.

Ffs do this already.

No shit sherlock. But maggots could still lose. We all know this situation is a blessing for them.

But I already asked the admins to check out our new recruits (Admirable, Kodyl and Memonto Mori). I should hear something from the AC team next week. So hopefully we are in the clear. I’ll keep you guys updated on the result.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Anathema

No, like I said, Maggots cannot lose. Even if you would roll them 5-0 on both maps, the result would still have to be 4-1 for you, not 6-0.
This way they are never at a disatvantage, but you can earn your 4-1 back.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

No, like I said, Maggots cannot lose. Even if you would roll them 5-0 on both maps, the result would still have to be 4-1 for you, not 6-0.
This way they are never at a disatvantage, but you can earn your 4-1 back.

They would still lose compared to the current situation (them gaining 6 points). This is why I am against punishing teams before you know the whole story.

edit:

By the way. An admin (wont mention any names) just confirmed they probably will not take my request serious. Even thought I am very serious about my request. I would be very disappointed if that really would be the case. Basically they are saying: we don’t give a shit about the community and if we fail we are not the ones to blame.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »