Forum

Discussion regarding the usage of banned players.

Created 14th October 2009 @ 10:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

ur supposed to rape div3 anyway, one loss won’t make a difference. Get practising

This decision doesn’t just have consequences for TDR, it could potentially cause problems for the divisions in season 7. I hope I don’t have to explain why.

Last edited by Koeitje,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

This wont take away my enjoyment of the game itself, but I am getting more and more worried about the way the league is being run. As soon as a good alternative to this league shows up with a decent admin crew I’m gone. Anyone that has some experience with running big communities knows you can’t follow the rules blindly because it’s never black and white.

Slating the whole of the Admin team isn’t going to provide a solution nor is it actually going to help anything in the future. It certainly doesn’t provide a sustainable way for us to move forward together. I empathise with your unhappiness as I’ve previously stated in this thread, but taking potshots at us is hardly going to improve things is it?

I’m not part of the anti-cheat team at the moment, so I’m unaware of the exact tools that are possessed. However I would’ve thought that a simple system that can check if multiple accounts use the same IP address, and then flags those account for review, should be in place if it is not already.

Decisions can go in or out of people’s favour in all walks of life. Whether you’re playing a game, running a business or even a football manager. It’s how you deal with a situation and move on from it that shows the character you are and of the people around you.

You’ve been dealt a pretty shitty hand from a situation which was not really in your control, rules have been followed and some exceptions have been made. Whether the decision from our Admin team was right or wrong will no doubt continue to be debated for many more days. I certainly think we need to have a clearer definition of who is at fault when incidents like this take place. However we need to be careful that we are not leaving the door open for a team in the future to add a banned cheat to their roster and then claim they did not know about it and ask for a far reduced punishment than the one they should actually receive.

Last edited by d2m,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

However we need to be careful that we are not leaving the door open for a team in the future to add a banned cheat to their roster and then claim they did not know about it and ask for a far reduced punishment than the one they should actually receive.

I agree. But a situation like that just shows that no two cases are the same and so no two cases should be treated the same.

Niggles

I wish D2M did a tl;dr.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

http://pastebin.com/m664706b7

So basically etf2l just didn’t have any admins doing their work for which we got punished.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Skyride

DUCS

So basically etf2l just didn’t have any admins doing their work for which we got punished.

Wow…..

(although tbh, Anak1n is about the last person on AC I think you should be having a go at)

Waebi

‹Con›

*cough* thanks god my profile says Registered 486 days ago”
:D

kaidus

WiK?

You’d think a team leader would stand a better shot at knowing who his team are than an AC official.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Wow…..

(although tbh, Anak1n is about the last person on AC I think you should be having a go at)

Anakin is doing a fine job. Nothing against him. He just joined the AC team.

You’d think a team leader would stand a better shot at knowing who his team are than an AC official.

Why?

Last edited by Koeitje,

Vali

-9w-

Vali the situations are different. Making an exception in that case has already proved what I said in this case, that the more exceptions we have the more complaints we have that people aren’t getting what other people got. In that circumstance, fielding a banned player who was banned for his conduct is less of a threat to the validity of a result than fielding a banned player who was banned for cheating.

Wasn’t the decision based purely on the fact that it was a banned player circumventing the ban system, rather than the fact that he was banned for cheating? Get a couple of STV demos and review whether Mads was cheating or not in games for TDR; if you can clearly see that he wasn’t then there’s no reason that TDR should be punished more than nfinity because both banned players were clean while playing for the clans in question.

If Mads is still around, which he probably is, and if he wants to prove to everyone that a) he’s not as much of a dick as this situation makes him look and/or b) help the rejects out a bit after screwing them over, he could probably even provide you with some POVs of recent matches (like the official against Maggots).

Also if exceptions to the rules look far more fair and plausible than the rules you’re enforcing and there’s a very good case to make an exception in each circumstance, then it’s probably indicating that the rules you have aren’t very good.

Last edited by Vali,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7