Forum

Discussion regarding the usage of banned players.

Created 14th October 2009 @ 10:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Please point me to the rules stating the consequences of willingly taking on a banned player and the consequences of unwillingly taking on a banned player. There aren’t any.

Info–>Rules–>Point:2.12
Basicrules are enough. You cant have for everything a rule, imagine how the real world would be? a fucked up place where everybody cant live their own live. Sure you cant tell if someone betrays people just by look into his/her eyes or while you speak with this person.

sometimes clans can just be unlucky to get some people with a sneaky charakter where you cant tell what is going to happen when a/b/c happens then you just have to deal with it like you wrote yourself

While I understand what you’re saying, it’s not fair for people to get punished for something they’ve had nothing to do with or had any knowledge of.

muffe

fleisch!
RHS

Ignorance is no excuse.

Ino

dp.
dp.

One question: how shall a CL find out if his player is a banned player on a different account?

That’s impossible imo. So more clans can expect to be fucked over by cheaters with different accounts. But I must admit I see no way to prevent this.

Last edited by Ino,

Tuna

DCSB
Hey dats!

If there wouldn’t be any consequences for situations like this, what would stop clans from knowingly recruiting banned players, if they could just deny the fact afterwards if they were caught?

I do agree the same punishment should be in place for all the clans that have used him in officials, but is there much point to start changing results from Season 5 or to deduct points from wales if they indeed did lose every single game?

Last edited by Tuna,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Please point me to the rules stating the consequences of willingly taking on a banned player and the consequences of unwillingly taking on a banned player. There aren’t any.

Info–>Rules–>Point:2.12
Basicrules are enough. You cant have for everything a rule, imagine how the real world would be? a fucked up place where everybody cant live their own live. Sure you cant tell if someone betrays people just by look into his/her eyes or while you speak with this person.

sometimes clans can just be unlucky to get some people with a sneaky charakter where you cant tell what is going to happen when a/b/c happens then you just have to deal with it like you wrote yourself

Where does that state we suffer 2 default losses?

If there wouldn’t be any consequences for situations like this, what would stop clans from knowingly recruiting banned players, if they could just deny the fact afterwards if they were caught?

Yes. But there are no preventive measures in place to stop it from happening in the first place. There should be consequences.

But seriously: Mads played in etf2l for 230 days, played in 5 clans, played in the national team, played an entire season (s5, in which loads of people got banned). If he just joined etf2l I would have said “fair play our mistake”. But I know no clan leader that would worry about a player with mads clan/league record. Especially after asking if he had history and him saying he hadn’t. We get punished for the admins _not_ doing their job.

For reference: http://etf2l.org/forum/user/7241/

Last edited by Koeitje,

Anathema

Replay the match with the best possible result in favor of TDR being 4-1, even if they win 5-0 5-0 on both maps. This way TDR can get their four points back, and Maggots don’t have to lose theirs.

Read it again, can’t be any fairer. Can only improve or stay the same for Maggots, and gives TDR a fair chance to prove they can play without a hacker.

vlad_drac

xoxo

Use of an unauthorized player is a major warning, all major warnings carry a 1 point deduction.

We can’t prove either way whether a team knows someone is a former cheat or not, so we have to go with the assumption they did otherwise we’d have to give every single team the benefit of the doubt, meaning teams who knowingly use a cheating player would get away with it.

This kind of “these are the rules and we must abide by them, all hail the rules, do not question the rules, the rules are final, all hail the rules” is really undesirable. Let’s face it, mads skipped your system for AGES and you didn’t even know – how on earth can TDR know?

I think you should definitely use your discretion and consider whether it’s fair to give TDR a penalty. The match should be given to the other team of course, but docking/warning TDR is very very silly.

I mean come on. You’re in charge of the league. Don’t sit there and say “it’s more than my jobs’ worth, sorry!”. You don’t have to dock them at all, you know it, we know it. Take a few steps in the direction of common sense and everyone will be pleased :)

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I think you should definitely use your discretion and consider whether it’s fair to give TDR a penalty. The match should be given to the other team of course, but docking/warning TDR is very very silly.

Even that’s a joke, because A. He didn’t cheat there B. we got into that situation because of the admins failing in the first place. But yeah, either way we are fucked :P. Nothing can be done about it now and we just have to move on, we’ll add this to the endless list of shit TDR has had to deal with in the past few months.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Vali

-9w-

Wow at the replies from Maggots. Would be interesting to see what they’d be posting if it had been their player that they had absolutely no idea was a banned player who turned up after 230 days to be a previously banned player. A little empathy goes a long way.

Hope this decision gets reversed for you guys, rejects.

Last edited by Vali,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

empathy

Nice pun.

julieN1

cQr

Wow at the replies from Maggots. Would be interesting to see what they’d be posting if it had been their player that they had absolutely no idea was a banned player who turned up after 230 days to be a previously banned player. A little empathy goes a long way.

germans.

muffe

fleisch!
RHS

Actually “Mads” trialed for us once, before he joined empathy together with hoppi. But since he didn’t played for us, i dont even mind thinking about how everything could have been. Seems like we just had luck, and you didn’t :]

Last edited by muffe,

cook

FB

This is gonna sound stupid.. But I didn’t even realize Mads was sonofpi3 until Loco mentioned the Team Wales thing here, lmao.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Actually “Mads” trialed for us once, before he joined empathy together with hoppi. But since he didn’t played for us, i dont even mind thinking about how everything could have been. Seems like we just had luck, and you didn’t :]

Prick

Memento Mori

^Ben called it like he saw it

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »