Forum

FaN limited to 2 in S6?

Created 6th September 2009 @ 20:05

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

Tbh it might not be OP in top div2/div1 as all players have the aim to deal with it, but the skill ceiling on the fan is so low that in div3/4/5/6 a player using the fan can stomp the shit out of everyone despite being no stronger a player than the rest of the game.

But yea I was mainly joking with that statement, don’t really care either way. I hate having it used against me but love using it in pickups, so win/win.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I love the way TF2 is evolving, its just perfect, I mean for those baddies that can’t aim now they can play another two classes, with huntsman as sniper and fan as scout where previously they’d avoid those classes – of course that’s exactly why these weapons were introduced.

Rele

Here we go again – this thread will be locked in another 59 pages…

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

They’ll probably introduce some absurd weapon for the soldier class so crappies play it on pubs next, hold on lemme guess… it’ll be a rocket which does huge damage at distance but takes 100 yards to become active thereby encouraging mass spam from across the map or something.

RaCio

GoT²

You cant just ban the Fan with the reasoning that it doesn’t add any fun for you. Most people only play 1 class. This means that for example someone who play’s soldier has nothing to gain from scout unlocks. So a lot of players will be against unlocks just for that reason. The recent weapon polls show this. This is typical behavior you see in MMORPG community’s. People become more and more invested in their class and will become very protective of it.
However with an aditude like that we will never see any unlocks at all. After all the scouts and demo’s will have nothing to gain from the soldier unlocks.

Summary: please stop acting like were playing a RPG instead of a teambased FPS.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I couldn’t care less if it’s banned or not, I’m just laughing how Valve are dumbing down their game for players who can’t aim, fact is if you can aim you wont use the fan, its that simple. The weapon just buffs the shitters and punishes the good players, similar to the huntsman.

Can you imagine ctf_turbine next season with the huntsman?

Ijantis

no

Rele

Fragga, why dont you just fuck off and go play a “skillful” game that involves aiming only, instead of whining your heart out on the etf2l forums about how the soldier is oh-so-underpowered? Noone wants to hear that anymore.

RaCio

GoT²

btw, I do agree the FaN mechanics are not really optimal atm (also for those using it).
With the way the knockback mechanic works it can become counterproductive to meatshot your first shot. Because it will only blast the target out of your range and the vertical knockback is the same regardless of pellets hit.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Fragga, why dont you just fuck off and go play a “skillful” game that involves aiming only, instead of whining your heart out on the etf2l forums about how the soldier is oh-so-underpowered? Noone wants to hear that anymore.

Day 37, and tensions are running high in the big brother household…

ambra

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/Ka0s337/1252251387322.jpg

by the way i think at least force jump should be forbidden

The weapon just buffs the shitters and punishes the good players, similar to the huntsman.

Much like the ‘revised’ pistol. Scout for new flavor of the month noobclass imo. :P

To the topic at hand, if a team can use 2x fanscouts without them getting raped…fair enough I say. Allthough limit to 1 would probably be sensible. We’ll find out. Or will we?

Rele

by the way i think at least force jump should be forbidden

Not quite enforceable.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

played a match where the team used two fans last night.

Have to say that makes scouts so effective in killing scouts and medics as in Medic in theroy never has a chance to fight back, but with scatter there is a better chance.

I don’t really have a problem with one but two fans i hate.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I didn’t mention class imbalances, all I said was Valve were dumbing down their game by introducing weapons which help the bad players compete against better players, such as the fan and huntsman – clearly a design feature from Valve as we’ve seen far more baddies on pubs playing scout and sniper since these changes.

Edit: I’ll make sure I go fan-scout against austria

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »