Forum

Request: sv_pure 1 + whitelist in ETF2L

Created 21st August 2009 @ 09:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Darn

rockit like

Yes default configs are the way to go in competitive team fortress 2.
We also should remove m0res hud/cfg, since its unfair towards people who doesnt use em.

m0re config is simply using cvars, nothing special. The hud changes things, but doesn’t give any real advantage. However the new addition he has been testing might change that.

LOL? YOU DONT THINK MORE FPS GIVES YOU ADVANTAGE? YOU ALSO SEE YOUR AMMO IN THE MIDDLE, NOT ON THE RIGHT SIDE. LOL. You sir are blind not to see, I bet you also think aimbot doesnt give you advantages.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Yes default configs are the way to go in competitive team fortress 2.
We also should remove m0res hud/cfg, since its unfair towards people who doesnt use em.

m0re config is simply using cvars, nothing special. The hud changes things, but doesn’t give any real advantage. However the new addition he has been testing might change that.

LOL? YOU DONT THINK MORE FPS GIVES YOU ADVANTAGE? YOU ALSO SEE YOUR AMMO IN THE MIDDLE, NOT ON THE RIGHT SIDE. LOL. You sir are blind not to see, I bet you also think aimbot doesnt give you advantages.

Sarcasm meter has gone THROUGH THE ROOF!

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

OMG i cant use custom particles now!!!!!!!! i feel normal :( no radar no wallhack, TF2 SUX

ps. have to try aimbot now, gj valve!!!!

Jowy

Wow, some people really show their lack of intelligence in this thread by just outright throwing away the content of the first post. I suppose you people consider using the options to remove smoke and force fullbright models in Quake, thus making the game much easier to read and more enjoyable to play, unfair to?

Fact is that the heavy amounts of smoke and explosions in this game (stickyspam lawl) at times makes it unnecessary hard to figure out just what the hell is going on, and just makes the game a lot less fun to play. If we aren’t allowed to use custom particles to correct this I really hope that the people who participate in the beta pressures Valve to gives us options to lower/remove distracting particles, since it just makes the game so much more enjoyable for anyone who doesn’t play scout. More options to customize individual gameplay is always the way to go, ie custom minimalistic huds and particles.

Rebeli

TCM

Wow, some people really show their lack of intelligence in this thread by just outright throwing away the content of the first post. I suppose you people consider using the options to remove smoke and force fullbright models in Quake, thus making the game much easier to read and more enjoyable to play, unfair to?

Fact is that the heavy amounts of smoke and explosions in this game (stickyspam lawl) at times makes it unnecessary hard to figure out just what the hell is going on, and just makes the game a lot less fun to play. If we aren’t allowed to use custom particles to correct this I really hope that the people who participate in the beta pressures Valve to gives us options to lower/remove distracting particles, since it just makes the game so much more enjoyable for anyone who doesn’t play scout. More options to customize individual gameplay is always the way to go, ie custom minimalistic huds and particles.

Nice to see like minded ppl even in here.

Ino

dp.
dp.

I never had any problem with someone using the particle effects from noids hud, although I didn’t use them myself. Now that particle effects are blocked maybe the beta testers really should go and ask Valve to implement exactly those features.

whitelists are difficult to do correctly afaik, but if someone can do it go for it.

RaCio

GoT²

An option is something completely different then editing game files.
There are no problems with female scout model either, but there are other skins that let you see trough walls. You could make smoketrails shorter, but that also means that you can make them longer, for example making the spy’s ciggarette smoke last 1 minute. It’s a system that is easily exploitable and sv_pure 2 is the best and most consistent way to prevent it.

Darn

rockit like

There are no problems with female scout model either, but there are other skins that let you see trough walls. It’s a system that is easily exploitable and sv_pure 2 is the best and most consistent way to prevent it.

Theres also aimbots which are easily exploitable and not blocked by sv_pure 2. That must mean that we have to use it.

Jowy

There are no problems with female scout model either, but there are other skins that let you see trough walls. It’s a system that is easily exploitable and sv_pure 2 is the best and most consistent way to prevent it.

Certainly a valid argument, most people in here though seem to be against the whole idea of including minimalistic particles in the game at all (I think? Hard to tell since it’s mostly bullshitty flaming, kinda surprised to see such childish behavior on these forums). A simple solution would be to, as I and some others have said, pressure Valve to give us legit in-game options to tone down all the distracting smoke and explosions.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Don’t get me wrong I like the minimalistic particles and used them myself, but it would be hard to distuingish between something like that and the particles used to make stickies visible through walls for example.

gryzor

So, we can all agree that this has to be solved by lobbying the issue to Valve, not trying to circumvent it by other means. Get them to fix the consistency and particles in dx8/maps, add local toggles for smoke/explosions.

Start lobbying!

Love the “unfair” argument….isn’t that what people said about 0 weaponmodels?
Isn’t that what people said about autoreload, too?

Just curious.

Loe

Don’t get me wrong I like the minimalistic particles and used them myself, but it would be hard to distuingish between something like that and the particles used to make stickies visible through walls for example.

no it’s not, that’s what whitelists are for ;D

such options are now requested, robin walker suggested to use whitelists in the first place, maybe he will change his mind after a while

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

no it’s not, that’s what whitelists are for ;D

such options are now requested, robin walker suggested to use whitelists in the first place, maybe he will change his mind after a while

Yes you can whitelist a particular particle file, but it doesn’t limit how the file is edited so there is a potential for exploitation there.

Mike

SF

Should also allow custom crosshairs.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »