Forum

Request: sv_pure 1 + whitelist in ETF2L

Created 21st August 2009 @ 09:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Loe

Hi there,
since the last update sv_pure 2 forces us to not use any custom particles. But I think the majority of us would love to use some of the custom particles that will not give you unfair advantages like seeing stickies around corners or overhealed players when they try to hide. Such as the custom simple explosions, which in addition to giving a clear view of the battlefield save some fps.
This could be done by using sv_pure 1 and whitelists, they are used to allow certain custom files while keeping unwanted ones out of the server. I myself am not familiar with editing these whitelists but I think someone like m0re who has a good insight in the gamefiles ( I guess ;)) could work himself pretty easy into this for the ETF2L in order to improve the gameplay but keep it fair.

Tell me what you think about it,
Loe

edit: just to make that clear to those who may not understand what I wanted to say:

do NOT allow:
-glowing stickies
-big cross above overhealed players

do allow:
-small explosions
-whatever you may come up with that doesn’t give you any unfair advantages

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

+1 http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/7/77/Heavy_positivevocalization02.wav

popsu

Troopers

-1 The league should not allow players to modify particle effects to their advantage, no matter how slight it is.

h0stage

no thanks <_<

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

lol, are you serious?

sv_pure 2 is the way to go..

Sounds nice but i think it’s kinda unfair :<

But I think the majority of us would love to use some of the custom particles that will not give you unfair advantages like seeing stickies around corners

Lol?

“/

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

I do get what you re on about Loe.
But small explosions are an advantage aswell.. play the game its meant to be played.
That means not hacking some particle files !!

If your main point really is the lack of FPS, use the highhigh m0re cfg that u mentioned yourself. If you already use it and u still have FPS problems.. get a new rig!

xzr

sv_pure 2 ty

Jonni

[FB]

lawl, no

but I think an aimbot for everyone is in order

Rele

One of the techteam members of the SpA community fiddled around a bit with these particle edits and these are some of the screens he came up with:

http://wintersborg.net/tf2/spy.jpg
http://wintersborg.net/tf2/wallhack.jpg

Ofc you could block these with a whitelist, but I believe people would always come up with new unfair stuff that isnt yet in the whitelist, thus it has to be updated all the time, and I think some people cba to do that. Even worse, some people might change their whitelist on purpose to use these kind of hacks on their servers.

Just keep sv_pure 2 and everything’s fine.

skinnie

TCM

sv_pure 2 .

byte

So many topics in this forum about game tweaks just so that players can supposedly “own” even more and this is just another prime example lol…

I think we should do what jonni said :D order aimbot for all our beloved etf2l members

Simple rule :D Practice makes perfect, go put the time in and u shall own naturally without having to use the aiding of various tweaks in the game!

Cheers

Byte

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

nothing custom+sv_pure 2

Waster

What a stupid comments in this thread. Did you even read the openingspost? If Loe didn’t made this thread, i would probably started it myself.

I don’t see any reason why etf2l don’t allow some players 10% more fps. Etf2l got the full control about the whitelists so i dont see how it is possible to cheat.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »