Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 40 41 42 ... 64 Next »

Bash

Wrong thread how the hell did I manage that?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Weapon stuns, disrupts aim, makes you a sitting duck for spam. Why isn’t it banned yet?

kaidus

WiK?

Is someone a little hurt after our game? : <

Killzone

Hmm the weapon is annoying. BAN THE F*CKER!!

Why would you ever ban this? Finally Valve releases a nice sidegrade (Sandvich = downgrade, KGB = upgrade, Medic guns except healing = upgrades, etc). Now you guys want it banned becasue ‘it is annoying’.

The game is supposed to be challenging, not just sit on ur ass and get everything for free. Live with it, after 2 shots he needs to reload and you are free to rape his ass.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Which is was that simple Killzone.

Killzone

Oh wait, i forgot. When you get launched by a rocket, you are actually stunned too, so lets ban the Rocketlauncher and the Pipebomb Launcher too! ;)

RaCio

GoT²

As a weapon I dont think the FaN is more annoying then the sticky launcher or the flamethrower.

There are lots of annoying weapons in the game, no real reason to ban a weapon for it tbh.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Oh wait, i forgot. When you get launched by a rocket, you are actually stunned too, so lets ban the Rocketlauncher and the Pipebomb Launcher too! ;)

Hitscan vs projectile. You can anticipate which way you will be flying from a rocket. A rocket actually launches you most of the time and doesn’t freeze you. And you can also attempt to dodge a rocket to prevent getting stunned. And even if you hang in the air for a while due to a rocket you can still double jump away, but with the fan that’s impossible because of the firing speed it has got. As a scout in fairly small rooms you get dicked by soldiers all the time, and also by decent demos. Now you can add fan scouts to that to. Because his increased fire speed + only low dmg needed to provide enough stun for 2nd meat shot, makes it so you don’t really stand a chance. Even if you get that perfect scattergun meatshot you still lose. You can’t really anticipate for these situations. The only solution would be if you and your scout buddy would get a meatshot at the same time or you take a soldier with you or something. I find it kinda gamebreaking if you always need to go around a corner with 2 people.

Total stun time from a fan is comparable to total stun time you can generate with the sandman. We should allow the sandman now, esp since it’s nerf. Since it’s nerf it can’t stun ubers and is comparable to the fan in terms stun.

Since the update the fan just got more powerful because of the added movement it got.

eoN^

Since the update the fan just got more powerful because of the added movement it got.

The nerf to the fan was removing the ability to bounce people with both shots. Now you can only bounce people with 1 shot and the second shot wont.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The nerf to the fan was removing the ability to bounce people with both shots. Now you can only bounce people with 1 shot and the second shot wont.

Which isn’t really a nerf in scout v scout. Because the first shot stuns, makes you a sitting duck and then you get dicked by a meatshot because nobody misses a stationary target.

eoN^

Which isn’t really a nerf in scout v scout. Because the first shot stuns, makes you a sitting duck and then you get dicked by a meatshot because nobody misses a stationary target.

Yeah, i do agree they havent fixed it aswell as they should of, hopefully the beta testers can help fix it properly. But for the moment I think we just need to get used to it.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yeah, i do agree they havent fixed it aswell as they should of, hopefully the beta testers can help fix it properly. But for the moment I think we just need to get used to it.

Movement is fine yeah, but since it’s a positive thing it just adds to the fan’s power. I’ve seen so many scouts that can’t do shit with the scattergun suddenly be able to hit stuff simply because of the stun.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Give the fan 2 fire options:

– Quick 2 shot with no knockback (like scatter) to target but can still be used to jump and has the same effect on the user as the current fan.
– Slow firing (like scatter) mode that knockbacks with first shot, doesn’t knockback with 2nd. Can still be used to jump and has the same effect on the user as the current fan.

Killzone

Only thing that you forget Koeitje, is the fact that you are still able to shoot while hitted by the fan. Most fan scouts just rush up when they hitted the first shot to do more damage. As a soldier or demo you can just easily shoot the scout.

Really, there is no point in banning this gun.

agron

Relic

I dominated better players than me in a mix as a scout. I was using the FaN.

Do the math.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 40 41 42 ... 64 Next »