Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 41 42 43 ... 64 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Only thing that you forget Koeitje, is the fact that you are still able to shoot while hitted by the fan. Most fan scouts just rush up when they hitted the first shot to do more damage. As a soldier or demo you can just easily shoot the scout.

Really, there is no point in banning this gun.

Please refrain from posting if you have no clue about game mechanics. I already explained why you are wrong for both scout (2 aspects that I already pointed out but you simply ignore), soldier with shotgun and demo. I’m not going to bother explaining it again.

I dominated better players than me in a mix as a scout. I was using the FaN.

Do the math.

Maybe some hidden talent :X

Killzone

The biggest problem is: When you ban the FaN now, you will probably ban every other weapon that Valve makes too. I guess a lot of people are just to scared to change the game a bit.

And i think the Scattergun is much more deadly in the hands of a good scout.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The biggest problem is: When you ban the FaN now, you will probably ban every other weapon that Valve makes too. I guess a lot of people are just to scared to change the game a bit.

And i think the Scattergun is much more deadly in the hands of a good scout.

Main problem is scout vs scout (less in 2v2). Fan is pretty much okay for the rest.

Ill quote myself

Give the fan 2 fire options:

– Quick 2 shot with no knockback (like scatter) to target but can still be used to jump and has the same effect on the user as the current fan.
– Slow firing (like scatter) mode that knockbacks with first shot, doesn’t knockback with 2nd. Can still be used to jump and has the same effect on the user as the current fan.

That would fix my biggest gripe with the fan: it’s abilty for any noobscout to get a fat ass meatshot with no time to respond for a scattergun scout. If you got the aim you don’t need the stun to 2 shot somebody. If you 2 shot me while I ain’t stunned that just means you aimed well.

Killzone

…(less in 2v2)…

That is good imo. This encourages scouts to go with eachother and not alone. Only thing is the fact that you will not switch to sniper or something, but this can lead to interesting situations imo.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

…(less in 2v2)…

That is good imo. This encourages scouts to go with eachother and not alone. Only thing is the fact that you will not switch to sniper or something, but this can lead to interesting situations imo.

less. Because it still fucks that up. Stun -> 2 scouts that can attempt a perfect meatshot on a stunned target. The only reason it’s less if you both shoot the fan scout at the same time and kill him before he gets a shot off. And what if you buddy is dead? And his buddy is dead? You can’t always avoid combat.

Fallacious argument. Particularly given how much debate the potential banning of the FaN has generated, I don’t see why banning it would necessarily default to a “let’s automatically ban all the other weapons” situation.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Fallacious argument. Particularly given how much debate the potential banning of the FaN has generated, I don’t see why banning it would necessarily default to a “let’s automatically ban all the other weapons” situation.

I am all for new weapons, but they need to be balanced and not completely rape under certain conditions while still being able to perform fine in others.

kolox

obs.

I am all for new weapons, but they need to be balanced and not completely rape under certain conditions while still being able to perform fine in others.

Arctic Monkey

I agree with Kolox, needs balance.

Personally, I feel its too powerful atm so shouldn’t be allowed, but a lesser-powered FAN is fine :)

gryzor

Should probably ponder on scoutlimit 1 before considering the weapons the class itself wields, since two scouts are way more _ANNOYING_ than one of them wielding a FAN.

Not to mention the engineer, heavy, sniper, spy and pyro classes are rare to non-existant. Two scouts makes up for a HEFTY percentage of the raw KILLS in a game compared to the other four players in a team (I’m writing KILLS, not SCORE). Talk about OVERPOWERED!!!

You lot are so focused on this formation of 2so2sc1de1me that some pimplesqueezer thought was a good idea at the very beginning, that SOME PEOPLE see nothing else and just try and keep that moronic formation together.

How narrow minded and more importantly, utterly fscking boring.

I play mostly scout myself since this game is next to a sleeping-pill in movement as it is, but I fail at understanding how YOU fail to see the “big picture”.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Amazing, we’re now up to 42 pages of whine.

gryzor

Whine?! Mine was a perfectly good troll-post aimed towards Shambler (who has not even written in this thread) :(

hey.
hey guys.
guys something happened right
i was in a pub server as scout and i was running along (pl_badwater ofc) the tunnel to checkpoint one. Suddenly, there was a level 3 sentry round the corner with two pyros, soldier, and demo there. of course I had used bonk drink at this time but what else could I have done? The sentry gun and airblasts of the pyros pinned me against the wall, thus “stunning” me. At the same time the soldier and demo would launch random rockets and pipes at me that hit. Waiting to respawn, I thought to myself for a minute…
“LOL GUIZ LETS BAN SENTRY/DEMO/SOLDIER/PYRO AS IF THEY WORK AS A TEAM I WILL THEORETICALLY BE STUNNED!!1!”

Then I had common sense.

Leave the FaN alone.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Whine?! Mine was a perfectly good troll-post aimed towards Shambler (who has not even written in this thread) :(

:P

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

hey.
hey guys.
guys something happened right
i was in a pub server as scout and i was running along (pl_badwater ofc) the tunnel to checkpoint one. Suddenly, there was a level 3 sentry round the corner with two pyros, soldier, and demo there. of course I had used bonk drink at this time but what else could I have done? The sentry gun and airblasts of the pyros pinned me against the wall, thus “stunning” me. At the same time the soldier and demo would launch random rockets and pipes at me that hit. Waiting to respawn, I thought to myself for a minute…
“LOL GUIZ LETS BAN SENTRY/DEMO/SOLDIER/PYRO AS IF THEY WORK AS A TEAM I WILL THEORETICALLY BE STUNNED!!1!”

Then I had common sense.

Leave the FaN alone.

+eleventy million

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 41 42 43 ... 64 Next »