Forum

ETF2L, ipz, and the bigger picture.

Created 9th January 2013 @ 09:35

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Trane

Dear ETF2L,

Whilst tuning in to Pirate Radio yesterday evening, I learned of the drama surrounding the removal of ipz from the admin team,

Now if the story of why he was removed is correct, I can totally understand taking that course of action. Such comments (no matter how flippant) should not be made on the forum, especially by an admin granted responsibility – a higher level of conduct and professionalism should be observed. This was however made on the German sub-forum and therefore only viewed by a minority of forum users.

The part of the story that made it interesting was the claim from people close to ipz that he was very close to making a ‘big scoop’ for ETF2L – most notably bringing Nike on board as a sponsor. Now I think we can all agree that this would be excellent for everyone involved with TF2 in Europe, no matter your level of involvement. For this to be thrown out the window truly does seem like a shame to me, and potentially a massively damaging move to make.

I can understand the admins fearing this would undermine their authority if the ban was reversed, but both parties would need to swallow some pride and allow the big picture of TF2 in Europe to take precedent.

Now I recognise that the admin team are the figures of authority within ETF2L, but this is not an authoritarian organisation. Figures of authority in any democracy can be subject to an inquest, I think if enough people within the community voice their opinion on what they would like to happen – it simply cannot be ignored. Unlocks, map pools etc – none of them directly dictated, they are achieved by consensus, as it should be.

I don’t have the ability to conduct a poll, so I would like to ask the people reading this what solution (in brief) they would like to see to the issue:

a) ipz should remain banned and we forget about the whole thing
b) An understanding is reached between ipz and the admins, ipz is permitted to return to the team, and do his best to pick up the negotiating that he was reportedly doing with ‘major’ sponsors. This whole option is up for discussion, basically it’s just recognising that some form of resolution should be attempted.

Please speak of your vote/thoughts, mentioning the number.

tl;dr

Cheers, Trane.

byte

Action speak louder than words, if what has been said is true by PR/Ipz, let’s see. Otherwise no pride is lost from ETF2L, and the code of conduct had to be applied, as it applies to all staff.

No matter what resource or base they own part of the ‘org’.

Next topic.

Cheers

Byte

accless

cp_

The reasoning makes sense for keeping ipz based on what you wrote. In the interest of fairness though, would you mind linking the thread in question/summarise what actually happened? I don’t wanna make a judgement call based on a vague summary of things

Trane

Quoted from byte

Action speak louder than words, if what has been said is true by PR/Ipz, let’s see. Otherwise no pride is lost from ETF2L, and the code of conduct had to be applied, as it applies to all staff.

No matter what resource or base they own part of the ‘org’.

Next topic.

Cheers

Byte

Byte, how exactly is he in a position to ‘act’ louder than the words, when he has no position from which to negotiate?

The code of conduct (behaviour) is mentioned in my post but thanks for reiterating it.

Trane

Quoted from accless

The reasoning makes sense for keeping ipz based on what you wrote. In the interest of fairness though, would you mind linking the thread in question/summarise what actually happened? I don’t wanna make a judgement call based on a vague summary of things

I believe it was deleted. I’m told it was along the lines of ‘go and die’ to one of the fellow admin team. A stupid remark, and similar to one I made myself and got banned. It’s just flippancy, I’m pretty certain there was no actual desire for someone’s life to end.

evokje

WiK?

If you represent ETF2L dont act like a fucking idiot.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I’m sure this isn’t the first thing he’s done wrong for them to remove him, its the head admins decision and they’ve made it so who really cares? Its none of our buisness, the admins put the time and effort in the league and if they want to get rid of one who doesnt fit its up to them.

In the unlikely even it was true, Nike sponsoring ETF2L will not save TF2

byte

Quoted from Trane

[…]

Byte, how exactly is he in a position to ‘act’ louder than the words, when he has no position from which to negotiate?

The code of conduct (behaviour) is mentioned in my post but thanks for reiterating it.

Seems to be some lack of understanding from my simple english, it’s a phrase commonly used here in Britain, if what ipz/PR is saying is true, then surely ipz will carry something out, if that’s successful then clearly he’s answered the ‘critics’.

So to explain it further just for you Trane and nobody else, his action was actually carrying out what was stated and delivering it in TF2, the words would be from ipz’s mouth / PR if the action wasn’t carried out. He doesn’t need ETF2L to carry out his action, therefore let’s see.

Bottom line, this is not a debate nor a topic worthy of caring until something occurs.

Cheers

Byte

Trane

Quoted from byte

[…]

Seems to be some lack of understanding from my simple english, it’s a phrase commonly used here in Britain, if what ipz/PR is saying is true, then surely ipz will carry something out, if that’s successful then clearly he’s answered the ‘critics’.

So to explain it further just for you Trane and nobody else, his action was actually carrying out what was stated and delivering it in TF2, the words would be from ipz’s mouth / PR if the action wasn’t carried out. He doesn’t need ETF2L to carry out his action, therefore let’s see.

Bottom line, this is not a debate nor a topic worthy of caring until something occurs.

Cheers

Byte

Lol Byte, I’m British, and post-grad at that – why the hell did you assume it’s my comprehension to blame? You did an awful job of putting across the point you were trying to make.

Now that he has no ‘position’ within the TF2 community, how exactly is he supposed to put this action across, and who would he present it to?

Your opinion is that this topic is not for discussion, I disagree, as I hope will some other players. Please take your holier-than-thou superior attitude and shove it.

broesel

LAME

Quoted from accless

In the interest of fairness though, would you mind linking the thread in question/summarise what actually happened?

http://etf2l.org/forum/germ/topic-23939/

Summary:

Blooddrunk posted a link to an upcoming match of his team vs Lutuset as an info for people who may wanna cast the game.

Keeper replied with a post that had “hallo kurt” appended at the end, which is a meme in the German TF2 community, referencing http://etf2l.org/forum/user/6077kurt[/url].

ipz then replied with “go die, kurt” and went on to repeat it several times after a remark from Razor that this was inappropriate and kurt asking why exactly ipz posted this.

Last edited by broesel,

Xearo

GTD

is it only a 2 week ban + removal from the admin team then? if so, does that mean he can’t continue to contribute and set up talks for other admins with this new sponsor?

the way i see it he can’t go without some punishment considering his position/what poorly translated posts suggest went down, but it’s not like it happening immediately removes all he has done for ETF2L and the community from history/who we all know him as. if it’s just a 2 week forum ban + removal from the admin team then that makes sense since (again, it looks like from here) what happened was out of order for an admin and the team can’t ignore it… but when he comes back then considering nothing but his admin responsibilities will change all that much and since he’s still big in our community then him helping out the admins wouldn’t be a problem, surely? as long as he doesn’t say to the lined up sponsor ‘oh yeah also i did on the ETF2L forums and i’m no longer PR manager’ and at least puts them in touch with whoever takes over it’d be fine for ETF2L/EU TF2. and being someone big in ETF2L he wouldn’t deny that, right? surely he’d understand what he did can’t be ignored by admins but he’d still want to help out the community?

idk.

byte

Quoted from Trane

[…]

Lol Byte, I’m British, and post-grad at that – why the hell did you assume it’s my comprehension to blame? You did an awful job of putting across the point you were trying to make.

Now that he has no ‘position’ within the TF2 community, how exactly is he supposed to put this action across, and who would he present it to?

Your opinion is that this topic is not for discussion, I disagree, as I hope will some other players. Please take your holier-than-thou superior attitude and shove it.

Define an “awful job” I don’t get what part of action speak louder than words, you can’t comprehend and link to the topic in hand it’s really that simple. You don’t need ETF2L to get anything going, in this community, do it yourself, just like skyride has done and Torden did. Now you’re just trying to defend the original statement.

“Please take your holier-than-thou superior attitude and shove it.” <- lol'ed :)

Jesus, just get a grip and listen to what your amigos think about you :)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

aura

why would he wish him death in the first place

Trane

This is very condescending I’m afraid, you can pass opinion on whether or not you think a discussion/debate/topic is worthwhile – but to outright say it’s a waste of time/care is wrong.

All I’d like to do is see some sort of resolution, the gentleman above you actually did a decent job at how this could be reached You just made vague comments about ‘actions’ instead of going into the detail of what you were actually inferring, and assumed we should all comprehend it straight off the bat.

kurt

trick17
trick17

This is the thread. http://etf2l.org/forum/germ/topic-23939/page-1/

He said that I should die (kurt soll sterben) and he did it more than once. I still have not figured out what I did to deserve that kind of attention from our PR manager. From what I know he is banned from the forum for two weeks so you should not expect an answer here any time soon.

Can’t see the problem anyway. Not being on the admin team does not stop him from acquiring Nike as a sponsor. I doubt his ability to carry out the job though. In another thread (http://etf2l.org/forum/germ/topic-23729/page-5/) I asked saem if he thinks it would be ok to sell his Tt hardware prices right here on the forum for a scout unusual (http://etf2l.org/forum/off-topic/topic-23663/page-1) as any sponsor would find that very brazen. He and ipz gave me the usual trolling which makes it obvious that he does not have the best interest of the sponsor at heart.

It would also set a terrible precedent if you could behave like that and get away from it just cause you are the PR Manager. Spiderman once said something about great power…

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »