Forum

The future of ETF2L

Created 4th August 2012 @ 21:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Only 34.77 % of our visitors are using Firefox.

The rest are using google chrome with adblock.

Edd

T2P

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

The big problem of the scene is that a talented pubber has no chance to find an entry point into the competitive scene

I find that hard to believe when the skill level of this game has dropped drastically over the last year

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Ace

[…]

Wai called it.

holy fuck fracture this is so old :O

The big problem of the scene is that a talented pubber has no chance to find an entry point into the competitive scene.

holy fuck, people, it’s twothousandfuckingtwelve and you’re still riding this dead horse called “there’s too little information for people to get involved”.
https://www.google.com/#q=competitive+tf2
for me, the first result that shows is the OFFICIAL tf2 wiki. Let me reiterate: OFFICIAL TF2 WIKI.
In that very article you find links to probably every major league that is still around and more importantly, a link to the probably most-read “how to 6v6 tf2”-article of all time, on gotfrag (which is outdated, I give you that).

So, you still think there’s not enough information.
Well guess what.
How about you. Yes, YOU, go open your favourite text editor right now and start typing the fuck out of your fingertips right now and write a guide for pubbers who want to try out 6v6/HL, a guide that encompasses everything they would need to start out well?
[img key=imgposter]http://i.imgur.com/iSoBo.jpg[/img]

in this text, YOU means no specific person, but all who care enough to cry about the problem on these forums, so you may as well DO something.

I’ve linked this before, and it still holds true.

/rant. I didnt expect to be spoon-fed everything when I first started playing tf2, and I certainly think that is the right attitude still.

Last edited by Waebi,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Is it wrong that this actually sounds good?

Of course not, cp_badlands with no off-class and unlocks is the epitome of skill

Enef

fest
#wubafan

badlands bestlands

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

If people really wanted to play comp they would. If i was new in tf2 and wanted to play for a team i’d start one myself with friends or randomers from pubs that i did back in the day, or google “tf2 league” and put up a recruitment post. There is only so much hand holding you can do.

dAGNER

duplo

Quoted from Pricee

I suck a million dicks per second

TF2 is only dead when you’ve lost hope in it. Stop being a fgt. (That goes for ALL the haters)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from ThePledge

I will try to write an VanillaTF2 article about this forum topic with my insights as well over the next week. Please feel free to keep discussing stuff as I feel this could be an interesting one.

Your article should definitely include that you will all be playing obscure again next season and with all unlocks, if you do not use our http://forums.etf2l.orgnew forum[/url]

Sketch

MM

only allow quick fix, ban other medic weapons. that should mix things up a bit.

AnimaL

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Your article should definitely include that you will all be playing obscure again next season and with all unlocks, if you do not use our http://forums.etf2l.orgnew forum[/url]

what why

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

That forum is retarded. Why is it a separate forum? Why do we have to discuss all the unlocks? Why do we have to discuss ‘m in separate topics? Why do we have to give reasons to ban weapons instead of seeing arguments in favor of certain unlocks?

Last edited by Koeitje,

AnimaL

Quoted from Koeitje

That forum is retarded. Why is it a separate forum? Why do we have to discuss all the unlocks? Why do we have to discuss ‘m in separate topics? Why do we have to give reasons to ban weapons instead of seeing arguments in favor of certain unlocks?

emb wants unlocks, that explains all

p.s. koeitje is right, that forum is most unlock biased shit ever, its basicly a joke and dont expect anyone to take it seriously

taro

Since i40 TF2’s competitive scene has only grown.

I don’t see that trend stopping any time soon.

People say TF2 has been “dying” for ages now. It’s just plain wrong and is starting to get annoying.

GL HF

crouton

LEGO

Getting into TF2 is way easy.

Anyone with IRC, Steam or access to Google can find newbiemix/pixel and it shouldn’t take long to make friends if they’re likeable, if they’re not likeable then fuck ’em.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from AnimaL

its basicly a joke and dont expect anyone to take it seriously

The most discussed topic in etf2l’s history, (I reckon), with more threads and pages of threads than any other subject…ever.

We have the admin team take weeks to discuss and formulate a serious attempt at providing a stage for intelligent and enlightened discussion regarding unlocks, then spend hours and hours no doubt on implementing the ideas and then they ask us to use said idea to help them work out the best possible future for TF2 and this is your response?

Something tells me the admins will be taking it seriously, otherwise why take the time and effort to set it all up?

But it’s all OK animal, you go and laugh in the corner whilst some of us discuss how you’ll be playing TF2 in the future, without you being involved in the discussion.

INB4 “won’t affect how I play TF2 ‘cos I’ll quit if unlocks are allowed…hurrpp-de-durrrrrpp”

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »