Forum

more non-5cp maps

Created 12th July 2012 @ 17:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

wpminnows

[PG]

so after reading the big unlocks thread(s), a load of posts on the SPUF ‘why don’t you play comp’ thread(s) and the talk about new strategies, i was thinking why not play more maps that aren’t 5cp?

you see engie/heavy/sniper/pyro/spy play on gravelpit since the whole mobility thing is slightly less vital, could be nice to see more a/d or ctf (probably with improved flag mechanics though) maps and what strats/team comps appear

i dunno, just a thought

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Ok. Give us a good non-5cp map that’s not a gpit copy and we’ll see.

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from MIndYe

Ok. Give us a good non-5cp map that’s not a gpit copy and we’ll see.

viaduct
turbine
and there are more

Ghostface

spire

Waste & Viaduct seem pretty cool.

wpminnows

[PG]

i don’t really know many custom maps that’d be good for comp, haven’t played them enough

maybe payload would work somehow payload owns

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

viaduct
turbine
and there are more

I’ve wanted to play viaduct for a long time. Turbine is meh, CTF requires speed to be fun and TF2 doesn’t have speed.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

The problem for me is the whole, ‘test of skill’, thing that competitive gaming is supposed to be. A/D maps have that 1 clutch moment…win the round and you don’t have time to come back. 5CP maps, you get a nice clutch moment and win the round BUT there is still another 4 rounds to show that you are the better team.

If there was a shorter format, harder to defend, less time and faster caps kinda map, one we could get 5 rounds played in 45 minutes or something, then maybe that problem could be eliminated.

Last edited by Monkeh,

dougiie

CotC

I honestly don’t understand why viaduct hasn’t been played in a season yet. Anytime I’ve ever played it in a 6v6 it’s been awesome and I’m sure others agree.

As for Turbine, love it, but I think at this stage enough people haven’t taken to it, so it’s more than likely never going to be played again.

What about koth_lakeside? or is that only strictly highlander? I hadn’t really heard of until I watched the England vs Ukraine game, and that was fucking epic.

Kaneco

Nice thread…

As I said I love Koth, both from the player as well as spectator POV, it really gets down to the wire most times. Viaduct pro in particular is an awesome map, it was not even mentioned in the map pool from what I remember, which is sad. koth_ashville looks awesome too.

cp_process looks really cool although its not finished. But I would love to see it played, as well as warmfront.

SD maps have potential, let’s see what comes out. And I would also love to see some functional CTF map, from the ctf turbine pro games I watched It looked cool although it’s a very closed map, maybe it would play good on some custom map?

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Kaneco

Nice thread…
koth_ashville looks awesome too.

cp_process

as well as warmfront.

Ashville is not a good map.

process is a lot of fun, and way more fast paced than most traditional 5cp

warmfront has never been fun.

Kaneco

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

Ashville is not a good map.

Well I must admit I never played it, but I saw it played on na streams sometimes and it looked fun, I thought the under the point room was a neat idea as well.

Quoted from shdwpuppet

warmfront has never been fun.

Somehow I really like that middle, it’s one of the best middles for me, of course the 2nd and 1st points are much more stale but I like it.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Somehow I really like that middle, it’s one of the best middles for me, of course the 2nd and 1st points are much more stale but I like it.

it was in a season already, it was pure shit

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Well I must admit I never played it, but I saw it played on na streams sometimes and it looked fun, I thought the under the point room was a neat idea as well.

[…]

ashville ends up being either a sniper fest or a race to see who can plant a heavy on the point first. There are a lot of problems with some cheesy strategies and all around, it just lacks the same dynamic feel of maps like viaduct.

Warmfront does have an okay middle fight, but then breaks down into an even worse choke to choke spam and wait fest than granary, with an impossible to push last point and new strategies that revolve around 0-fun-allowed.

Wiper

idd.

koth_pro_viaduct_rc3 would be fantastic.
Also, what happened to cp_warmfront? What the fuck is wrong with EU?

Sketch

MM

A small ad map with 1 or 2 cap points may work in a multiple round format. If time of each round is limited to 7 mins or something.

Ctf could work if the flag is not kept in a confined area, a mound similar to spire might work if the surrounding area was open enough with enough height around it. In fact if mid cp was made smaller it might st work for a Blands Ctf.

Pl maps are cool but enemy teams can walk the majority of the map in one go if they cause an early wipe. After that defending teams struggle to get an uber before the pl is near the end of the line. :P if there is a map where this doesn’t happen it might be cool. Or again a map with a much shorter track so that bo3 can be played in 30 mins

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »