Forum

more non-5cp maps

Created 12th July 2012 @ 17:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

No really great maps have ever existed or been created for tf2. Every map is so linear and shallow, but it’s become part of the experience. Turning is a mixture of bad level design and complete cancer. IMO Koth struggles as tf2 is so stalematey that a team that knows how to hold can hold it indefinitely, viaduct in particular struggles from hilarious sniper sightlines and retarded sentry position, and this is coming from someone who likes viaduct.

Sketch

MM

Maybe we can devise a new game type? As in map type. Imo it would be cool to try an A D map with less points, shorter distances and low round time.

ouizzeul

BnR!

Is there any good 3cp map?

And gravel is really a great map.

jabu

Quoted from Wiper

Also, what happened to cp_warmfront?

lol rooftop heavy

Krame

Aero

Quoted from Wiper

koth_pro_viaduct_rc3 would be fantastic.
Also, what happened to cp_warmfront? What the fuck is wrong with EU?

you.

Nicolas Cage

BM

I would also like to see koth maps (and other gametypes) more often. In PCW’s, scrims or mixes, even mentioning a map that isn’t badlands, granary, gully is usually met with laughs or whining. I suppose snake is played occasionally and freight and obscure got played recently when they were up during the season but holy shit a little variation would be nice.

Maps I think are worth checking out that I haven’t seen in my time here in EU: cp_standin, cp_process, cp_follower, cp_mainline, koth_ashville, cp_waste (YES THE WASTE FROM MGE!?).

I suppose it’s part of the ‘pure TF2’ attitude of the EU community.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The only decent part about warmfront is the middle, the rest is just uninspired crap.

Sketch

MM

Yea mid is good. On warmfront. I don’t see what’s stopping us from chopping a few maps together.

What about warmfront mid process 2nd and toxic last? It might be fun to jigsaw some maps together.
Maybe for a cup :D

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

There’s only one map TF2 needs…AVANTI.

Rdios

REVERTO

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

There’s only one map TF2 needs…AVANTI.

trade_plaza_v_2

alba

duplo

Imo i think that we should try the same maps and unlocks as the na scene. It would be a nice twist and its maybe what european tf2 needs

Leif

I’d like to try Viaduct and Turbine. I never tried them out in a serous mix/pcws, so I’d love if they gets played :D
Also a CTF map like converge might be interesting in 6v6 if anyone make one but more open (Converge is fun but the only problem it has imo is that it is very slow ‘cuz closed)

PLEASE NO WARMFRONT

Last edited by Leif,

wnk1ee

Quoted from Sketch

A small ad map with 1 or 2 cap points may work in a multiple round format. If time of each round is limited to 7 mins or something.

Ctf could work if the flag is not kept in a confined area, a mound similar to spire might work if the surrounding area was open enough with enough height around it. In fact if mid cp was made smaller it might st work for a Blands Ctf.

Pl maps are cool but enemy teams can walk the majority of the map in one go if they cause an early wipe. After that defending teams struggle to get an uber before the pl is near the end of the line. :P if there is a map where this doesn’t happen it might be cool. Or again a map with a much shorter track so that bo3 can be played in 30 mins

Agreeing 100% on this , BO3 would take ages with the largeness of the non CP maps we have in TF2. The idea of entering new maps that are non 5 CP is great i’m always up for new map testing in 6V6 , and having the issue with CTF maps such as turbine , if you have a defence locked up you will need a tank class to get in.. because once your secured area is locked down it’s almost impossible for the opponent to get in so there is less action in attack on all defence as for example in quake,unreal tournament .. less lock up or only one or two players in defence and some attackers and one mid field area defender. The scores will be higher and very interesting to watch.

What we would also should test is instagib ( one shot laser shot for the people who don’t know what i’m talking about. ) I have seen a couple of months ago a post here about someone testing the MOD out for TF2 , This would be a great option for actually CTF maps as you don’t have engi,heavy,spy etc etc but just the laserbeam. I remember this mod was heavly played back in the days of UT2K3/2K4 and other series if i remember good.

But again instagib only for CTF maps might not be interesting for everyone bu it’s in idea we should maybe be ‘ open ‘ to.

Selek

Dr. med.

Well, if you are interested in instagib, you could simply try out playing a match with allcrits. It would be a bit more “TF2-y” this way.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Ahh the countless hours of wasted time debating TF2 maps.

You want more non-5cp maps in the map pool? Play them in pickups, mixes and even pcws – not because they’re not in the map pool but because you enjoy them. Hell in Highlander people try to convince me we shouldn’t play an obviously good map which has been proven to work and be enjoyable like Turbine_pro (SNSD v Colony final) because “it isn’t popular in PUG groups or mixes”, I didn’t even know mix groups existed in Highlander apparently though we let 20 or people who play a couple of Highlander games once a week decide the map pool for the thousands of people who play TF2.

How is this relevant to 6v6? Well the map pool picking system is likely to be changed and the best solution seems to be some form of “panel of experts” deciding your opinion. Hell of a lot better than some mix group picking your map pool if you ask me.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »