Forum

Turbine ruleset needs scrutiny

Created 11th May 2011 @ 22:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

Martn

Quoted from Martn

It’s really simple, add a new rule:

If a team has the intel then they MUST cap it as soon as they can.
If they don’t they lose the map and all points go to the opponent.

Idiots.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

eTF2l is dead

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Crasp

If the scenario Chris experienced last night isn’t a one-time occurrence and is relatively easy to set up, then we will definitely have a look at the rules for next season.

The easiest fix I can think of would be mp_timelimit 0. The obvious downside of that would be teams somehow forcing games to take up to several hours to complete. I’m not sure how likely that is to happen however, since the end result could be a replay or repeated replays, or the admins giving a Default win/loss/draw depending on the circumstances.

What do you think?

What? I don’t get what you’re trying to say, are you setting a bo3 or….?

Dr Icecream

I don’t think he’s setting anything yet, all options need to be looked at before setting anything.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Waebi

a team that actually does this should be considered for an UNsportsmanship award and/or receive penalty points anyway.

They have done nothing wrong there are no rules to stop them from doing it and what they are doing is perfectly legal.
penalty points over the top, unsportsmanlike maybe but i’d say some teams do worse.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from jonii

[…]

cuz then people would act like dicks, setting a hard limit means you’d lose 1min at most, not setting it would mean the winning team could waste more time – thus making it no different than letting the round go on

Setting a hard limit also means you can lose the round you were winning because the team you were playing against defaulted their match in a weird manner (remember, not everyone that plays in ETF2L has English as their native language, which can create confusion between teams).

Would you like to lose the round you were winning because you were 5 – 30 seconds late with resetting the round?

There is already a framework in place to deal with teams that act like dicks in dead game situations. Adding a rule like this doesn’t really add anything.

If a round is defaulted, take a screenshot of the current score, reset the round and start again. Teams can arrange this stuff on their own most of the time without issue. And it’s not uncommon for teams to take a small break in between rounds (happens in Gpit aswell) to talk about strategy or to take a piss/get drinks/smoke/fap or whatever.

t1gr3

DStM
DStS

its a genius idea, surprised nobody thought of it earlier

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

yea i get what you’re saying

so just allow a team to say ‘gr, restart please’, then take a screen of the round, restart the cfg + set mp_timelimit equal to the time left in the round before

sounds good

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

fap

Dr Icecream

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]

Well, if you have F7 on your team, you can’t stop yourself from it

Troels

WUL

Quoted from CanFo

This is not a problem about the map, in my opinion. Things like this can happen on ANY map.
Image a team is leading by one or 2 points on granary and the time left is 5 minutes. They do not even join the midfight but build uber in yard. It will be easy to defend the second point and the last point for 5 minutes.
No granary in season 10?

I don’t know if any1 quoted you and told how wrong u are on this statement. but if no one has. then i really have to…

The situation you’re talking about is nothing alike the problem with turbine,

Please for the love of god and all thats holy beautiful and sacred. Do not compare 2 gamemodes where the entire structure of everything is different.

let’s take your scenario.

5min left and team A is 1 point up conceding mid and holding yard instead.

Yes it’s a stronger hold, but by no means impossible to beat. This still have a risk in it. if they lose then that hold is the worst decision they could make. (and yes they can lose)

now lets look at the turbine problem.

Team A is 4 points up and have the last intel, there’s 20 minutes left.
they have placed the intel right outside their spawndoor, that way they can renew it intantly without risk.

lets say 10 minutes have passed and Team B managed to equalise it at 4-4. now the problem is, Team B only just capped the 4th intel. but team A has the intel right outside the spawndoor. so they insta-cap it. that’s 10 minutes of a round wasted. nothing Team B could do to win the round.

Team A has brought themselves in a 1-0 lead, and wasted 10minutes that otherwise would have been spend for Team B trying to equalise the overall score.

All COMPLETELY free of risk.

I did not expect an admin to bring such a lame argument to the table. Please do take a look at your staff and see if you shouldn’t cut a few lose.

(if my post at any point got messy then sorry, i’m not good at keeping structure and i’m pretty annoyed by stupid statements)

EDIT: and in advance, i’m not crying about the game i lost on turbine against frømand, they played well and probably would have beaten us without the trick, i just first of all really want this changed. and second of all i’m mad at the admin for saying something that idiotic.

Last edited by Troels,

Waebi

‹Con›

I yet fail to see who (except the obvious fucktards) would play like this.

electro

Got Milk?

bo3
timelimit 10
max caps 5

end of discussion

there is no need for etf2l to make special rules to be some kind of “individual league”, this are the best rules for this map, nothing else.

Waebi

‹Con›

someone PM valve about a “soft” flag return option, where when you stand on the flag X (10?) secs it returns?

Martn

Quoted from Martn

It’s really simple, add a new rule:

If a team has the intel then they MUST cap it as soon as they can.
If they don’t they lose the map and all points go to the opponent.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »