Forum

Turbine ruleset needs scrutiny

Created 11th May 2011 @ 22:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

this might come as a stupid idea, and is by no means a perfect solution but oh well

what if you’re losing 4-0 (or any other result that you think it’s not worth trying to overcome in the current round) , the other team is camping, so you can say ‘gr, next round please’ and the other team gets 1 point and has like 1 minute to do mp_restartround ?

Last edited by jonii,

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from jonii

this might come as a stupid idea, and is by no means a perfect solution but oh well

what if you’re losing 4-0 (or any other result that you think it’s not worth trying to overcome in the current round) , the other team is camping, so you can say ‘gr, next round please’ and the other team gets 1 point and has like 1 minute to do mp_restartround ?

The throw in the towel method? Could work though I prefer the idea of at least 2 rounds could just add a half time to etf2ls rules at 15 mins. Else just use the 3 rounds of 10 mins which has shown to be awesome.

Gran mid thing is becoming such a legacy topic but you don’t need to act any more of a dick doing it by saying stupid shit while your doing it.

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

thing with the 3x10min rounds is that you can be losing 3-2 at the end of the round, and you lose it, when if you had more time, the match could have gone either way, you lose your chance of turning it around

if a round like that is being played, it shouldn’t end like that, 4-0/4-1/whatever should, so giving the chance to start a next round while giving the other team 1 point is a fair trade i guess, you waste no time (so you have to set a limit of time – 1 minute – where the team has to do mp_restartround, or else they lose the round), and can go have another round, it’s still 30 minutes, same rules, just not giving the other team a chance to waste time when you can’t win the current round

Last edited by jonii,

kuma

Err what?

Then the same could be said for a normal, 30 minute map where the score is 5-4. The losing team could draw if they had an extra 5 minutes.

Dr Icecream

The thing is, Turbine is a map that will have a system that always has a flaw. Just need to find the option that causes the least inconvenience and complaints, because obviously, there will always be people complaining. I think that for next season votings/ experimental cups with reviews done by the teams would work best, that way we have a proper vision on what the majority likes.

kuma

I see what you’re trying to say now, but I don’t see how you could make a config for it.

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

i’m talking to the 3×10 vs 30min proposal, what the fuck are you on about that ‘more 5 minutes’ ?

edit: same config, just add a rule “A team can give up the current round if they want to, a point is given to the opponent team, the opponent team then has one minute to do mp_restartround, else the point is given to the team that gave up the round”

Last edited by jonii,

kuma

Quoted from jonii

i’m talking to the 3×10 vs 30min proposal, what the fuck are you on about that ‘more 5 minutes’ ?

“thing with the 3x10min rounds is that you can be losing 3-2 at the end of the round, and you lose it, when if you had more time, the match could have gone either way, you lose your chance of turning it around

if a round like that is being played, it shouldn’t end like that, 4-0/4-1/whatever should”

That was what I read, sorry.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

If the scenario Chris experienced last night isn’t a one-time occurrence and is relatively easy to set up, then we will definitely have a look at the rules for next season.

The easiest fix I can think of would be mp_timelimit 0. The obvious downside of that would be teams somehow forcing games to take up to several hours to complete. I’m not sure how likely that is to happen however, since the end result could be a replay or repeated replays, or the admins giving a Default win/loss/draw depending on the circumstances.

What do you think?

Martn

It’s really simple, add a new rule:

If a team has the intel then they MUST cap it as soon as they can.
If they don’t they lose the map and all points go to the opponent.

Last edited by Martn,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from jonii

else the point is given to the team that gave up the round”

Why this? If you give up the round, you’ve given it up. There’s no need to add a penalty if the opposing team doesn’t reset the round quick enough. Especially when that penalty opens it up to abuse.

Merely stating “We give up this round, start the next one please” should be enough. If the opposing team then act like dicks about it you can copy the chat from console and carry on the discussion outside of the game.

kuma

Quoted from Crasp

If the scenario Chris experienced last night isn’t a one-time occurrence and is relatively easy to set up, then we will definitely have a look at the rules for next season.

The easiest fix I can think of would be mp_timelimit 0. The obvious downside of that would be teams somehow forcing games to take up to several hours to complete. I’m not sure how likely that is to happen however, since the end result could be a replay or repeated replays, or the admins giving a Default win/loss/draw depending on the circumstances.

What do you think?

I’d say if you’re gonna do it with mp_timelimit 0, you might as well use the 3x10min format and add additional golden 10min rounds until one team wins. It still has the potential to go on longer, but I feel this format encourages faster capping.

Last edited by kuma,

Waebi

‹Con›

a team that actually does this should be considered for an UNsportsmanship award and/or receive penalty points anyway.

Dr Icecream

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Why this? If you give up the round, you’ve given it up. There’s no need to add a penalty if the opposing team doesn’t reset the round quick enough. Especially when that penalty opens it up to abuse.

Merely stating “We give up this round, start the next one please” should be enough. If the opposing team then act like dicks about it you can copy the chat from console and carry on the discussion outside of the game.

This, when circumstances are the way Chris described it, you should be able to say “gr, move on”. No timelimit is another option, but the risk of being stuck on one map for over an hour isn’t really something to look forward to.

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from herpderp

cuz then people would act like dicks, setting a hard limit means you’d lose 1min at most, not setting it would mean the winning team could waste more time – thus making it no different than letting the round go on

Last edited by jonii,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »