Forum

Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 Next »

rtan

-9w-

BeaverN would not of been banned if he played in div2/1. Seems people make some sort of allowances “oh but he’s actually just good” if he plays in a higher division and is ‘dodgy’. I was initially a bit suspicious of him, naturally, the guy plays in div6/5 and is better than me and most of the scouts I know that play higher up. But no, I specc’d him a few times as Norrla and Fanto, guys I play with often, are his friend and play mixes with him a lot. Nothing dodgy really, just exceptional movement compared to the shitter scouts he plays against. But I forgot I’m not ‘skilled’ in AC work :D

Which brings me to – Gotta laugh at people saying “AC Admins know how to detect cheats, ordinary people can’t see them.” haha that’s funny, because most of the people that get banned are so fucking obvious. I know most of the people that are ‘hidden’ in the anti cheat and honestly to think some of them are more ‘qualified’ to make AC decisions than me or anyone else makes me chuckle.

compton

cvx|

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

And nobody would ever be banned.

AC teams job isn’t to ban people. If they do their job in a theoretical perfection, there’s no cheaters to be banned :)

It’s like people expect a certain amount of bans every now and then. It sounds ridiculous but this actually has an effect to how people act, maybe the AC admins have expected to find cheaters a little too often?

trams

-><-

Quoted from octochris

[…]
gryzor was banned just as much for being an arsehole that the admins wanted to go away

Ok, seems reasonable.

Quoted from compton

[…]

AC teams job isn’t to ban people. If they do their job in a theoretical perfection, there’s no cheaters to be banned :)

It’s like people expect a certain amount of bans every now and then. It sounds ridiculous but this actually has an effect to how people act, maybe the AC admins have expected to find cheaters a little too often?

What? Even if they’re ‘theoretically perfect’ at their job (assuming I read your post right) that doesn’t mean nobody will cheat.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

And nobody would ever be banned.

innocent people getting banned because of few individuals have a bad judgement. ETF2L AC-team is clearly not qualified to make decisions busting cheaters. While back when I lied my way in to see the evidence and was way too lazy to actually help out. I became 100% convinced that they simply spot the cheats from not so obvious demos with luck or personal feelings towards the players.

Its just a fact that to spot a good cheater in TF2 is gawdamn hard and to leave a decision like that to only few individuals is wrong. This was not a personal attack towards the ac-team even thou it might sound bit harsh.

Which makes me rage even more is this cs-attitude that the community has adopted from gotfrag “EVERYONE BETTER THAN ME CHEATS!” 80% of the community making hack accusations should just shut the fuck up because they clearly have no idea what they are talking about. Stop the paranoia and let the few cheaters cheat in peace.

Bonkers

I read the posts, both D2m and qn. i do not believe that bevern was cheating and the defence from his own team mates and d2m strengthens that belief. they were very detailed and in my view were very strong and brought out points that other people would have been very wary to bring out. i have to agree that if he was playing in div 3/2/1 this notion would have been dismissed.

Abra

beaver was so obvious!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD JOB AC!

Die in hell cheater :D

compton

cvx|

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

What? Even if they’re ‘theoretically perfect’ at their job (assuming I read your post right) that doesn’t mean nobody will cheat.

Theoretically perfect, meaning they are so good at their job that nobody will dare to cheat. That’s the theoretical situation that the AC team should strive for, not getting as many suspicious players banned as possible.

Ghostface

spire

A cheater just called Beavern a cheater. That must account for something.

Gtfo Abra

Abra

Quoted from compton

[…]
as many suspicious players banned as possible.

ban that suspicious bastards!!!

Quoted from Ghostface

A cheater just called Beavern a cheater. That must account for something.

Gtfo Abra

newb saying gtfo to abra..Whre is my maya calender?

Last edited by Abra,

Quoted from compton

[…]

Theoretically perfect, meaning they are so good at their job that nobody will dare to cheat. That’s the theoretical situation that the AC team should strive for, not getting as many suspicious players banned as possible.

And that will never, EVER happen. Nor will it even come close to that.

davesan

epx^
Panda

nice post paddy! i personally dont believe beavern cheats in the slightest after both playing with and against him, ive also seen the so called “cheat” demo and this is not enough evidence to ban him. I do hope ETF2L do something to improve the anti cheat team because at the moment its not good enough. I’d personally like to see an anti cheat program, from past experience in numerous leagues where an anti cheat client is present there have been far better bans with actual physical evidence.

compton

cvx|

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

And that will never, EVER happen. Nor will it even come close to that.

Just because your goal is attainable doesn’t make it any better.

OOOH YOU JUST GOT SAT

Last edited by compton,

Swarlz

It’s fine I’ll apply for AC and ETF2L will be fixed

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Swarlz

It’s fine I’ll apply for AC and ETF2L will be fixed

+1

you are the white knight of tf2

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 Next »