Forum

Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 27 Next »

trams

-><-

d2m:s post was nothing new, known by most of us, but creds anyways and because gryzor was banned, you should also get one.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Swarlz

………ETF2L right… there’s this thing about it… and the thing is… it’s not a democracy

If they want it to work right in the future, they should at least instil some democratic values.

Anathema

Your post is a perfect example of bias.
The OP is clearly someone with a high enough level of intelligence to construct a well-written, easily legible post. Too bad there are no valid points made due to his personal bias.

1. Whether he is skilled or not is irrelevant. Look at boomeh, he was very good without cheats as well.

2. Nobody cares how good a player in division 5 is. Please for fuck’s sake get this through your heads, everybody. There is nobody noteworthy that would ever suspect a good player of hacking just because he plays in a shitty team.

3. Cheaters are not assholes by definition. Well, actually they are, for one has to to be a selfish disrespectful fuck to cheat. This doesn’t mean they have to show it, however. They can be perfectly friendly, just like a child molester can be a perfectly friendly person. This was a ridiculous argument.

4. Gryzor’s post is not a valid source of information. This was posted by a very spiteful person holding plenty of grudges towards the etf2l staff. It wouldn’t be the first time he made stuff up. His post being full of personal bias just attests to that perfectly. On top of that Winneh was actually very, very good at what he did. I would have more faith in Winneh alone, than in a whole team of other people. I’m sure the people who have actually talked to him about his ACing would agree with me on that.

5. The AC staff’s identity is sort of hidden for obvious reasons. Why should it be made easier for cheaters to judge when and where to use their aimbots/whatever?
This also applies to the releasing of evidence and the explaining of their methods. This makes it extremely simple for cheaters to know what NOT to do.

6. I’ll say it again. Nobody gives a shit that there are good players in bad teams. Nobody has ever gotten banned ‘because he raped an AC admin in a pcw!’

7. In your next paragraph you assume that beavern is innocent, and use the argument that the admins ban everyone they ‘think’ hacks. This is not true, obviously. They use the exact methods you claim they don’t.
“the view is taken that it is better for a hundred criminals to walk free than for one innocent person to be wrongly convicted”
Exactly, therefore they don’t ban the people they have doubts about, and only ban the ones they are certain of.
Also; the banned people know perfectly well what it is they’ve done wrong.

8. You’re comparing the AC admins of ETF2L to a small, German league for a game that barely has a competitive side at all, GG.
The AC admins of ETF2L are quite carefully selected, most probably unlike the ones from your small-time league. Even if it would be a large league with ‘competent’ people, you can’t generalize to the ETF2L AC team.
Some people are actually capable of something called ‘maturity’. This means they don’t ban people because they dislike them/they’re better than them.

9. So since the AC admins have failed to convince you of their ‘worth’. You would rather have no anti cheating system in place at all? Sounds like a good plan!
Also, they actually aren’t arrogant elitist pricks who dismiss everyone’s opinion as invalid since the majority of people aren’t capable of spotting cheats.
The majority of people simply aren’t capable of spotting cheats.

10. Thank fuck ETF2L isn’t a democracy. The amount of retarded decisions would have destroyed the league in season 2. Read what you said in this paragraph, now compare it to every democratic government in the world. Input by all participants of this league is unrealistic, unproductive, and would change matters for the worse.

11. Which AC-admins of other leagues did you send this to? Did they actually watch it?
Since I know that ETF2L is the only important league, I have serious doubts about the quality of whatever AC teams you contacted.

12. Why do you assume ETF2L admins are ‘familiar’ with beavern? Who the fuck is beavern? I mean honestly how do you make the assumption that any more than 5% of the community had ever heard of him before he got banned.

13. Wow, 125+ people with no clue what cheats look like, who have likely never even spectated beavern, who perhaps have mixed with or against him, and found him to be a nice guy, have clicked a button and accepted to be in a group after you spammed them with it! It looks like nobody but the AC admins can believe he’s a cheater!

This is a dangerous post you’ve made here. When reading it semi-attentively it does seem quite plausible. You’ve managed to phrase everything very well. It’s quite easy to get caught up in the pretty words and believe you. The last paragraphs are a fantastically manipulative statement.
I certainly do hope most people don’t just brainlessly read your post and accept it as simple truth, without questioning the validity critically themselves.

EDIT: Having just read d2m’s post, I have to agree that posting ticks in the actual AC forums is a bad move, since it indeeds points people to focus on something they otherwise might have missed. This does not invalidate the rest of my post.

Last edited by Anathema,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from trams

because gryzor was banned, you should also get one.

let’s not beat around the bush here — gryzor was banned just as much for being an arsehole that the admins wanted to go away, the release of confidential information was merely the straw breaking the camel’s back. why should d2m be banned on equal terms as gryzor? ‘equality’ is a democratic value, and as far as i remember, etf2l is not a democracy.

Swarlz

Quoted from octochris

[…]

If they want it to work right in the future, they should at least instil some democratic values.

But it’s far more amusing to respond to massive essays with 1 point that disregards everything they’ve just said.

Swarlz

Quoted from octochris

[…]

l and as far as i remember, etf2l is not a democracy.

SPEAK IT CHRIS!

Defur

Anathema did you read D2M’s post before posting that long post?
Just asking,

Darn

rockit like

fucking hell do a community AC team, everyone is able to review a demo combined with that customer comment box. So no one would get influenced by someone else.

konr

Quoted from Tommeh

[…]

’cause you were the only one that ever suspected something and contacted the admins eh :D (not saying I did)

Apparently I was actually :P

Quoted from Darn

fucking hell do a community AC team, everyone is able to review a demo combined with that customer comment box. So no one would get influenced by someone else.

And nobody would ever be banned.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

TRUE DAT!

Anathema

You should apply D2M’s suggestion though.
Community AC team is a load of crap, but AC admins shouldn’t talk to each other until all of them have reviewed the demo.

compton

cvx|

Wow. Very sad to see how anti-cheat is making more damage to the community than actual cheating. And knowing some of the people who are in the AC team, I know enough of their personalities to be assured that they do not fit for such job, even if you don’t take bias into account.

I’d rather be playing against cheaters than with hateful people.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

better to never ban than ban innocents.

in b4 analogy to real life: cool story, this isn’t real life. this doesn’t have the same ceiling of crimes and consequences.

Last edited by octochris,

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Anathema

You should apply D2M’s suggestion though.
Community AC team is a load of crap, but AC admins shouldn’t talk to each other until all of them have reviewed the demo.

livecast those viewings

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 27 Next »