Forum

i52 at Ricoh Arena, Coventry

Created 1st December 2013 @ 14:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »

Xearo

GTD

Quoted from Nymthae

[…]

Yes you both need to pay. You will get a wristband for it and without it they won’t let you into the campsite

That sucks. No earliest earlybird either, this is getting expensive.

This is getting really expensive. Especially for someone who has to pay plane ticket, train ticket, LAN ticket etc.

Henghast

open
bobs

Such is LAN. Speaking of which I might see if someone fancies sharing a hotel room.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Henghast

Such is LAN. Speaking of which I might see if someone fancies sharing a hotel room.

tbh not all lans are that expensive, but iseries is retardedly expensive.

Last edited by rytis,

Henghast

open
bobs

yeah but when we speak of LANs it is almost without exception the i-series (we being Res and myself or other TC players I talk to). And yes it is very expensive.

Last edited by Henghast,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from rytis

[…]
tbh not lans are that expensive, but iseries is retardedly expensive.

It’s just a big event, a big festival… always a premium because you’re half paying for stuff you probably don’t even care about :D

it’s definitely starting to get out of hand though for my student/peanut wages

ash

(Legend)
:D

Please make PCs happen. :)

Lokter

UCAP.
8D

Quoted from ash

Please make PCs happen. :)

Its pretty much 100% confirmed that Rental PC’s will not be happening. The staff said it cost too much to keep them up to date for each event, and there was other things they felt the money could be spent on to improve the event.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Lokter

[…]

Its pretty much 100% confirmed that Rental PC’s will not be happening. The staff said it cost too much to keep them up to date for each event, and there was other things they felt the money could be spent on to improve the event.

I also got the “we offered that service when we had spare machines, but we just don’t have anything now as they get used in the exhibitions”

Last edited by Nymthae,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

The rental PC’s were a joke anyway, the 3 times that I used them I’ve always had problems, seems like nobody actually new they did rental PC’s.

Someone even lost my deposit lol

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

makes it harder to have international events though.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Nymthae

[…]

I also got the “we offered that service when we had spare machines, but we just don’t have anything now as they get used in the exhibitions”

That’s gonna lose them a few event-goers.

Lokter

UCAP.
8D

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

That’s gonna lose them a few event-goers.

It won’t, for the last 3 events they have sold out of tickets, for every person who won’t go because they don’t do rentals, there will be someone else to take their place. Combine that with the day pass people and I don’t think they care about losing the rental people. They only had about 60 pc’s for hire anyway.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Lokter

[…]

It won’t, for the last 3 events they have sold out of tickets, for every person who won’t go because they don’t do rentals, there will be someone else to take their place. Combine that with the day pass people and I don’t think they care about losing the rental people. They only had about 60 pc’s for hire anyway.

Yup, they never had a huge abundance. I can’t see it impacting any of the other tournaments games either, it’s mainly our community that will suffer because we don’t have the sponsorship to get around it. Sucks but… life. At least they’re not completely leaving us in the lurch (by helping out in the case of NA/AUS)

aykarin

I’m not sure if anyone’s interested in pre-Lan practice places but i’ve just noticed this place in Birmingham (very central -right in the city centre behind Moor Street).

http://www.globalgaming.co.uk

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »