Forum

i52 at Ricoh Arena, Coventry

Created 1st December 2013 @ 14:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Spike Himself

The on-site hotel: “We’re Sorry… No rooms are available for this property for Thu, Aug 21-Mon, Aug 25”

If other hotels are not at walking distance, how’s the parking? I mean can you come and go as you please?

As for first day arrival unloading and last day departure loading; how close to the seating area can you get by car?

It’s a football stadium so there’s really no issues with parking, we had no problems coming and going at all throughout the event, however, the summer one will be bigger so who knows what that will be like.

Afaik there are no hotels that are in a good walking distance, most hotels were a 15-25 minute drive by car. There were a few others but they were very limited on space.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from ash

[…]

Why’s that? That would be utter aids.

Hoping there will be.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from ash

[…]

Why’s that? That would be utter aids.

maybe you’ll pass your driving test by then, pick me up on the way

ash

(Legend)
:D

And take a detour to Croatia for certain team members…?

Fallen

TC

The on-site hotel: “We’re Sorry… No rooms are available for this property for Thu, Aug 21-Mon, Aug 25”

If other hotels are not at walking distance, how’s the parking? I mean can you come and go as you please?

As for first day arrival unloading and last day departure loading; how close to the seating area can you get by car?

From iseries website:

HOTELS
We have blocked off several hotels in the local area, which we will announce the release of in the very near future.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Fallen

[…]

From iseries website:

HOTELS
We have blocked off several hotels in the local area, which we will announce the release of in the very near future.

Where can I follow this? I want to be on this asap and get a room before everyone else does.

beta

RaWr ::

[…]

Where can I follow this? I want to be on this asap and get a room before everyone else does.

Probably a few of us included in this :)

I know Coventry very well so all else fails I’m sure I could find a hotel 10 minutes driver away.

Muerte

elev8

[…]

All I can say is GL if you want on-site accommodation.
For i51, I was lurking on the MP forums just to see how it would be to book the on-site shizz. They made a thread around 2-3 weeks before bookings were made available, letting everyone know the date that booking would open and at what time.

That day, went back to the thread and proceeded to laugh. Hard.

Essentially it was a 2-man crew at the Ricoh hotel, trying to deal with hundreds of phonecalls for what appeared to be around 50-80 rooms. As expected, all rooms were gone within an hour, with numerous individuals getting a little…agitated…at their inability to even get through to the switchboard.

So yeahhhh…might have an issue getting on-site accommodation. Can’t say anything about the other hotels though.

Last edited by Muerte,

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Booked!

Also I booked a hotel room now already incase the multiplay announcement goes tits up about the onsite hotel. Don’t trust the multiplay announcements to end well with everyone.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

not sure if it was war that said this, but I think most of the on-site hotels rooms were occupied by Multiplay staff. so there’s probably not much of a chance of getting one

Munky

AEUGH

I booked a place nearby after reading the thread about the onsite hotel. No online booking and a phone number which charges per call.

Will

Booked :)

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?src=landmark&nflt=&ss_raw=&landmark=16163&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Flandmark%2Fgb%2Fricoh-arena.en-gb.html%3Faid%3D356980%3Blabel%3Dgog235jc-landmark-en-gb-ricohNarena-unspec-gb-com-L%253Aen-O%253Aunk-B%253Aunk-T027-2%3Bsid%3D60e5dcca2c9349789386b777e575160a%3Bdcid%3D1%3Binac%3D0%3B&aid=356980&dcid=1&label=gog235jc-landmark-en-gb-ricohNarena-unspec-gb-com-L%3Aen-O%3Aunk-B%3Aunk-T027-2&lang=en-gb&sid=60e5dcca2c9349789386b777e575160a&checkin_monthday=22&checkin_year_month=2014-8&checkout_monthday=25&checkout_year_month=2014-8&interval_of_time=any&flex_checkin_year_month=any&sb_predefined_group_options_value=1&no_rooms=1&group_adults=1&group_children=0

Xearo

GTD

Reckon if you’re sharing a tent then everyone in the tent will have to pay for camping individually? Do they have wrist bands for the camp site or something? Seems dumb to fork out £40 between two people if you’re in one tent.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Xearo

Reckon if you’re sharing a tent then everyone in the tent will have to pay for camping individually? Do they have wrist bands for the camp site or something? Seems dumb to fork out £40 between two people if you’re in one tent.

Yes you both need to pay. You will get a wristband for it and without it they won’t let you into the campsite

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »