Forum

Your Clan TF2 Suggestions for Valve - Important!

Created 25th February 2009 @ 09:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

relentless is true

0 – no new weapons
1 – normal gameplay
2 – new weapon instant

Miksu

Troopers

Some suggestions from Clan Troopers:

* Changing loadouts should be possible without using the menu. So please, bring back the equip-command.

* Sandman’s stun-effect should be changed to something else. It just doesn’t work in FPS.

* Bring back the option for the medic to cancel and continue the ubercharge. This brings more variation to the gameplay because medic has to decide if he or she should heal the teammates or save the last 50% of the uber to the next point.

* Add more ctf-maps.

* Make the alt-tab work better. Currently one has to start recording a demo after alt-tabbing because otherwise some models may be missing.

* Decrease the amount of selfdamage for the soldier when he or she shoots a rocket to close range.

* Make all the classes valuable in clan matches.

(c) Miksu & Popsu

kEvNx

.#mtf

* More 5 CP-Maps made by Valve
* Command unlock some new Weapons (tf_unlock_disable_sandman f.e)
* STV like in CSS or CS 1.6 :) <3

Renegade

Imperial

Imperials suggestions (although noone else added any from our clan, they only read mine <_<):

Game Balance:

1. Remove the additional soldier self damage added on when you dont press spacebar before firing. Abritrary, frustrating and I believe it is the main cause of “phantom” rocket jumps that deal ~80 damage, dont push you, and frustrate me when attempting rocket jumps off walls. This is quite a big one with many people atm I believe.

2. Make puffing people on fire less effective, and continuous burning more effective (by making a time difference, and maybe a DPS difference) dependant on time set on fire whilst already on fire. ie, 3 seconds of burning a heavy should mean more+longer DPS than puffing someone on fire. Makes flaregun a more useful option as well as succesful pyro ambushes being much stronger compared to retard w+m1 flame puffing.

3. If people care about the sandvich, make it dual purpose. The current method for standing healing. Add a second fire that allows teh heavy to “munch” it, granting him healing per second that doesnt stack with a medics, that also gives him more speed at all times (not massive speed at all though; nothing near average pyro/ sniper speed). Then consider unbuffing the heavy weapons spread if things become a bit problematic, but who can really say from before the testing! Also consider the amount of time it takes to Unrev, switch to sandvich, start the taunt, and 1 second later of that for 30 health. Huge amount of time taken up, same with shotgun as well, makes heavies boring and slow to play.

4. Change Backburner
-33% damage from the front
Chagne the way back crits work – 1 second of crits if you strike someones back, refreshes on every hit on their back, so you always get an extra second of crits if you are successfuly behind someone and they turn afterwards.
3 seconsd of crits if you kill someone with direct flames, but only for your backburner, not shotty or melee.

5. Sniper rifle damage should range from 50-100 from bodyshots, and the normal 150-450 for headshots. Theres no reason for snipers to one shot medics with a “half miss”, no matter how long they have been stood still for. Make the headshot or dont expect the kill without help from your team tbh…

Little Addons:

6. Out of all the classes left for class updates, soldier should be next imo! Demo comparitively doesnt need one as much, and the other classes not done should not be made more useful (like sniper/spy) yet, because they are designed to be unuseful the majoirty of the time they are not playing to their strengths. Giving them things like stun bats will just make “beating” them more frustrating, especially when to many classes that means rushing the sniper head on as fast as you can, or avoiding him completely, slowing gameplay or meaning death for that one player. Not fun gameplay imo.

7. mp_tournament 1 should mean all weapons are unlocked for the duration simply so bugs like steam servers down or the steam cloud service lagging does not affect match play, by denying classes their newer weapons for no reason. I assume most comp players farm the achieves anyway, so earning them rightfully isnt even part of this game for most. Consider changing the way you earn weapons as well; unlinking them from achievements means people have no need to farm the achievements, and generally makes the achievements mean more than hurdles to cheat your way over for unlockables.

8. to further on, add a simple easy to use menu like GMOD uses for the unlockables, something not too out of the way to change weapons for the classes you are using. Remove the stupid way equipping works atm, and add in the old equip command.

9. Allow players to choose “camo” style on weapons like in COD4, so that players can quickly know which scout is player A and which scout is player B without needing to hover over them, as well as adding more things to unlock with achievements.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

* Make all the classes valuable in clan matches.

I think that sums it all up really, leave the scout and demo where they are now and bring the other classes up to the same standard, even the engineer.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

and spy :)

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

disagree with all classes thing

GeaR

Epsilon

– more valve-made 5 cps maps.
– replace the stun-effect of the sandman with the effect of the Concussion Grenade from TFC or something similiar.
– increase the time the Scout needs to drink his Energy Drink
– reduce selfdamage of soldier and demoman on close combat

“* Sandman’s stun-effect should be changed to something else. It just doesn’t work in FPS.”

Yeah that seems to be most popular atm :x

Rele

“- reduce selfdamage of soldier and demoman on close combat”

Selfdamage of Demoman in close combat is fine. If he shots a Scout at point blank with 55hp left – wp to the scout. Soldier though could use some less selfdamage.

About the classes thing, I dont think that would work tbh. How would you balance the engineer out to the level of scouts/soldiers/demomen etc.? It would totally imbalance the game (esp. on publics) and if they’d do a cvar like “tf_public 0/1” we wouldnt play tf2 but a whole different game. Balancing all classes to fit into competitive gaming would require as much effort as making a new game. I have to agree with numlocked here, the current game is fine as it as and 6v6 setups dont need tweaking.

Nislem

Make that players which are alive can see what dead players are writing on chat.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Add an sv_deadtalk cvar.

Not useful for all, but it’ll see benefits elsewhere.

“1. Remove the additional soldier self damage added on when you dont press spacebar before firing. Abritrary, frustrating and I believe it is the main cause of “phantom” rocket jumps that deal ~80 damage, dont push you, and frustrate me when attempting rocket jumps off walls. This is quite a big one with many people atm I believe.”

That…everything else I could think of has been said…except “stop adding (almost) gamebreaking stuff” maybe.

Therium

trolltech
[MC]

Add the option to reset stats and records … 800pts pyro ftw …

and replace the shitty sandman’s stun effect with something else like black white screen etc. but not stun

GeaR

Epsilon

Fragga, it’s time to update your list again.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »