Forum

Your Clan TF2 Suggestions for Valve - Important!

Created 25th February 2009 @ 09:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 16 Next »

Norris

uuum I rather see new maps and balancing improvements over a random spectating option.

RaCio

GoT²

“uuum I rather see new maps and balancing improvements over a random spectating option.”

As the topic title says it’s about clan tf2 suggestions. So it’s not about worthless stuff like scoreboard points, personal opions about class balance and asking for .gif crosshairs. Instead let’s ask for things that really improve the competetive play and community. Things like easier and better spectating options.

Norris

As I’m talking from the playerside. I doubt that a new spectating option will make me want to watch badlands another thousand of times being played to death.

Spectating options and other smaller tweaks they might just add, while balancing classes is another story, since it affects pubbers too.

And doing minor tweaks to stv/scoreboard/spectating etc doesn’t mean they couldn’t also make some good competetive maps, Valve is a big company, I’m quite sure they have different guys for map making and programming.

frooker

First post quote:
“So. Please ask your clanmates for any ideas to prefer TF2! Please take some time to write down your opinions, ideas, suggestions for tf2 classes, maps etc. You see the game out of a different view than others!”

And besides I fail to see why it should hurt to mention that the clan scene would appreciate to see 1-2 new 5 cp_maps in future updates.

Renegade

Imperial

Oh guys is it really that hard to understand. If something isnt balanced, its not balanced in 6v6 or 12v12. Tbh, if you balance the game for the skilled players and let the rest trickle down to the noobs, the game will be better for everyone.

Game balance should be epicly more important to people than options for making spectating a little bit easier, or silly crosshair options.

Funkeh

DStM

Oh guys is it really that hard to understand. If something isnt balanced, its not balanced in 6v6 or 12v12. Tbh, if you balance the game for the skilled players and let the rest trickle down to the noobs, the game will be better for everyone.

Game balance should be epicly more important to people than options for making spectating a little bit easier, or silly crosshair options.

This to a tee.

Whilst changes for spectators will be great, I would rather the game itself is more fun and balanced rather than making watching said slightly-imbalanced game slightly more enjoyable

kaidus

WiK?

Why would we need a thread for suggesting things if we’re supposed to stop as soon as someone has said one thing we like?

RaCio

GoT²

Ofcourse I didn’t mean that balancing is not important (because it really is). The thing I was referring to was everybody having their own different idea’s about what valve should nerf/buff/add.

If we want to get something done about class balance we should reach a general consensus first. So first we need to find out what classes need a change. For example I think most people agree on giving the heavy and soldier a change. Next up will be letting some (high div) players write their opinions on what problems said class has, so valve can understand what we want to see changed and why. Lastly we can give valve some of the great idea’s on how to balance those classes.
This way valve can also take competitive play into account when bringing out updates and balancing the game, hopefully sparing us from the kind of class updates that were released lately.

Renegade

Imperial

or we could skip those first three steps by me telling you what no1 else is typing.

heavy without sandvich is a joke, because he loses any ability to move at a decent speed whislt doing damage. fix this by making it a general speed buff.
heavy without medic is a joke, allow the sandvich to also give him healing, that doesnt stack with a medic, that doesnt shut him down for 4 seconds, and apply healing after its needed.

pyro needs to be changed. even steamforums can see retard mouse 1ing is far too effective. Reduce the damage overall, and make long term burning more effective to compensate. Then make it so that short burning is less effective and long burning is more effective. Then you have buffed good pyro play, and nerfed shit pyroing.

snipers with no random damage means they can now guarantue their 100% shots are going to one shot medics, scouts and everything health inbetween. it shouldnt be like this, and never was until the random damage change. even before the damage from charged bodyshots was high, but its a problem now more than ever because snipers now know whats going to happen, rather than hoping.

reduce soldier self damage from the high points (the new values) because there isnt anything a soldier can do about enemies in his face. he shoots or he dies, why add in that if he shoots he dies as well…

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

this is what soldier needs:

1. Same run speed as demo (then increase the hw speed also)
2. Faster rockets (but nothing more than 25% extra)
3. Self damage back to its original level (40% rather than 100%)
4. Less damage fall off at distance (perhaps to match that of the nade)
5. Less damage for RJs, (25h for an RJ, then that’d match the demo health)

Can’t really complain about any of these as this is effectively what the demoman class already has :)

Genmix

bobs

remove the duckjump fix.
really, a lot of scoutjumps arent useable anymore,
not to mention scouts not being able to get up the dm_store crates

Qun

GoT<3

Why nobody suggest 100/101 tickrate? Important for me.
And the better dualcore support like L4D ;)

@Fragga

Solly has 200hp, more versatile rocket jumps, shotgun. Should demo be given these too? Hey, while we’re at it, lets make every class the same!!

Funkeh

DStM

this is what soldier needs:

1. Same run speed as demo (then increase the hw speed also)
2. Faster rockets (but nothing more than 25% extra)
3. Self damage back to its original level (40% rather than 100%)
4. Less damage fall off at distance (perhaps to match that of the nade)
5. Less damage for RJs, (25h for an RJ, then that’d match the demo health)

Can’t really complain about any of these as this is effectively what the demoman class already has :)

Soldiers speed is fine imo, whilst slow he can defend himself at close range – providing that Valve lowers self damage at point blank by a tad. Thus I would like to see the implementation of 3 & 5

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 16 Next »