Forum

Your Clan TF2 Suggestions for Valve - Important!

Created 25th February 2009 @ 09:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »

Renegade

Imperial

“Arnold is only a little if you put the center of your screen in the middle of enemy body at close-middle range you still hiting also you can use the zomed fire or the smg”

What is the point of changing something if nothing actually changes? If snipers can still aim at an enemy and make the hit, what is the point in adding a little bit of randomness that means every so often the sniper isnt going to hit?

“The sniper fires pritty slowly and is really useless against most classes even now with the perfect no scope accuracy, dont nerf it guys…”

Sniper is a great class, but atm its being rewardedtoo highlyfor standing around for ages and then bodyshotting an enemy, rather than making a headshot.

“Sandvich is fine for pubs and fro a laugh, why change it to something else?”

Because it is ONLY fine for pubs and fro a laugh? Even then its a shit weapon that doesnt work too well on publics anyway.

RaCio

GoT²

“Sandvich is fine for pubs and fro a laugh, why change it to something else? Unless someone has some really good ideas about what it should be changed to my opinion will stay as leave it alone, the only update that i think is completely wrong is the Scout update… But its only really wrong for us, the competitive side. We cant expect a company to say Oh lets change the whole game because a few thousand out a couple of million people want it like that…”

Sandvich is also worthless in pubs.
Sandman is also overpowered in pubs.
Competetive players are not 0.1% of the community.

kthnxbye

hymzi

[MIPC]

Map for spectators like in other valve games (cs1.6, css & dod). Would be a lot easier to follow the matches.. Atm you need to click like crazy to see where everyone are ;<

Oh and that hopex’s spec mode should be added aswell. I bet it would make life easier for casters aswell :-)

As for Sandman, that shiat is overpowered and should be removed.. Instead of the stun they should give it some other effect.. maybe same as conc grenades had in tfc?

Black_Bob

[DA]

Could anything be done at the start of the round so that class’s dont spawn touching each other so you cant rocket jump at the start, or does jumping once unlock you and its not really needed?

Ed

Mafia
fx.

New class suggestion: The Marine – similar to the soldier but there is more of an emphasis on melee combat, faster than the soldier, same health, does alot more melee dmg, should be able to feign death. Basically similar to a spy but more of a hard-man that can’t cloak. As for ranged weapons, he’d just have a bayonet, which would do more melee dmg than ranged. Awesome sauce.

Iller

tGa

“Could anything be done at the start of the round so that class’s dont spawn touching each other so you cant rocket jump at the start, or does jumping once unlock you and its not really needed?”

+1 to that. This is very annoying and should be easily fixed.

Another annoyance in public play is when the server changes map, for example to some shit map like Goldrush. You can always press “cancel” before you see what map is coming next, but as soon as you see the name (Golrush…) you cannot stop the map from loading and you have to wait until you get in.

I would also like to see some training maps from Valve. There are a lot of maps about soldier wall climbing and some about airshot training, but it would be nice to see maps that combined everything (rocket jumping and target practice at the same time for example.).

AnAkkk

“Could anything be done at the start of the round so that class’s dont spawn touching each other so you cant rocket jump at the start, or does jumping once unlock you and its not really needed?”

The problem is not class spawn touching each other, but is other classes absorb rockets. And that also a problem with stickies. This was already sent to robin with the suggestions from american players.

And please, stop with the class changes. Some people want to just buff their own classes, because they suck at it, and then this will be sent to robin, they may change something, and this is not the majority of players wanting it, just 1-2 guy.

thaldarin

Removing the ability to allow custom config scripts. I’ve seen plenty of instances of scout dj/fast stickies/auto-reload/auto-stab+sap/auto-disguise+cloak etc. which really defeat the object of the game.

Iller

tGa

“Removing the ability to allow custom config scripts. I’ve seen plenty of instances of scout dj/fast stickies/auto-reload/auto-stab+sap/auto-disguise+cloak etc. which really defeat the object of the game.”

It would be very bad if the possibility to use custom scripts disappeared.

I agree that some of the scripts you mention should not be allowed (many such scripts are already banned in ETF2L), but to take away the possibility to use scripts at all would be devastating.
I would no longer be able to run the game at a decent framerate since my fps-config would be impossible to use then. The same would apply to all other players with a bit crappy hardware.

Also, why force people use netcode settings that gives them high choke and lags ?

Renegade

Imperial

“And please, stop with the class changes. Some people want to just buff their own classes, because they suck at it, and then this will be sent to robin, they may change something, and this is not the majority of players wanting it, just 1-2 guy.”

If we suggest something to valve, and they take it on board, do some decent testing, and make changes, then that is plenty more than 1-2 people wanting something.

Also Im not sure how many division 1 players just give up when faced with a challenge, or asked to improve…

thaldarin

Iller regular old “FPS” configs in which a player downgrades their graphics settings are fine, you can use them in your autoexec.cfg.

Forcing settings? Not at all, I’m on about the specific .cfg setting and layout Valve currently use; not removing the ability to use normal r_ sv_ m_ net_ etc. commands.

However promoting “scout.cfg” etc. in order to use such things is what spoils the game.

AnAkkk

Renegade, the problem is that here this is becoming a huge list, and almost 90% of ideas are just bad, or it’s things who don’t need a change at all. I don’t think Robin will take the competitive community seriously if all of this is sent to him.

Renegade

Imperial

Well whose suggestions are ridiculous atm? Id rather avoid an arguement of how important div3 or lower are compared to div1 in terms of understanding the game.

There are some obvious no go areas, that valve wouldnt even consider, like giving classes weapons, rather than making them unlockables, so that pyro can have shotty and flare, and heavy with sandvich and shotty. These kind of things just wont be put in, and would be a waste of time for valve imo, but I also think the changes ive suggested are perfectly valid.

Th

GM

One thing we could use is a new ctf map. As far as I’ve played, only turbine (ctf_well and mach4 idk?) is a popular ctf. All in all there just aren’t too many maps like it, let alone carefully designed ones.

If I remember correctly the flag and the capture zone do not have to be in the same area as they are in 2fort and turbine. Separate them to make entirely new match experience without comprehensive existing patterns/tactics to use… might just be refreshing.

mihalch

[LOL]
[LOL]

So.. any 1 who can do “filter” work on this list? If it will be me – I`ve should replay about spectator/stats/cvarz/bugz issues only. All other like: weapons/maps/class suggestions – just left alone.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »