Forum

Quickfix

Created 24th June 2011 @ 21:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Not good when it’s the only gun available, might be better if there was other options.

It gets incredibly frustrating to use at times, heavy just makes the game slower and having a well placed sentry on last would cause a stalemate easily.

Everybody keep in mind you got to go against a guaranteed QuickFix tonight so they could use specific anti-QuickFix tactics. Wait until the next EO cup with all Mediguns before deciding (and do give it a chance there).

Game moves a lot faster with this, though it’s definitely more of a Kritz alternative than a Medigun alternative. Running it fulltime is stupid, especially on maps like Gully where last is already difficult as fuck to push. Heavy + Sentry defense makes it almost completely useless there.

Key to playing it is to go very aggressive from multiple sides, fall back to quickly get buffed to full health again and push back in. Since you can’t overheal, staying back and eating the spam won’t work. Since it charges way faster you use it well before they use their regular Über, though a Kritz can seriously fuck up your QuickFix. It’s great for constant pressure with the “Über” being used to kill high priority targets as long as the enemy isn’t fully entrenched. When you need a sudden burst to kill them all quickly use Kritz, if you need to break an entrenched defense take Über, if you just need something to gain momentum and keep it take QuickFix.

Vanilla + Medlocks + QuickFix please.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

I think the gun is usefully with scouts. If you use it with scouts you get more of a benefit i.e speed and its easier to heal the scout back up to full health. Yes it is poor for pushing in through a choke but use it in the open with a scout and it can work really well.

Fixing scouts imo is the way to use the QF to its full use.

luzik

Suoli
moog

Really good with scouts. I’d like to see how it would work if QuickFix was the only allowed medigun and engi and heavy limit 0. I do find the gameplay more interesting with only quickfix than the regular uber.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Didn’t impress me that much. It’s not that good in normal play as you need to completely rethink your pushes with it. But in some situations it might work like getting the uber advantage after a push where both medics die. Stickies, heavy and sentries are your biggest threats.

Last edited by MIndYe,

tasKu

e-famous

It’s a pretty good gun tbh.
Not good enough to win a uber/kritz fight, also sentries are tough to fight against.
Should be allowed. It would be good at attacking last.

Last edited by tasKu,

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I541IISZAn8

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

I felt disabled without my overheal :(

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from chipstalaizah

Yeah, that’s the worst part about the weapon. So hard to kill medic. I’ve had the same with me being ubered as scout vs a medic. 3×80 dmg shots don’t kill him :X.

Martn

The way to kill the medic while he uses his quickfix charge: Bomb him with both soldiers and shoot 2 rockets in his face simultaniously. (He can’t regen 200 hp in 0.1 second.)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Martn

The way to kill the medic while he uses his quickfix charge: Bomb him with both soldiers and shoot 2 rockets in his face simultaniously. (He can’t regen 200 hp in 0.1 second.)

Usually better to just jump away :P.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from chipstalaizah

Oh no, you can’t kill the medic when he’s using his charge!? SHOCK HORROR.

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Oh no, you can’t kill the medic when he’s using his charge!? SHOCK HORROR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDovnUYBvg0&t=23s

Forsak3n

S

Quickfix’s uber starts working like in 1.5 seconds after activation, but there also will be the light of that uber on players. :)
It makes gameplay more interesting & modifies mostly everything in gameplay.
We had really long battles where nobody died or if died he had come back in the time of that fight. Also it is hard to jump aggressive on enemies’ medic with 200 only.

So if you didn’t kill enemies’ medic there is no point in fighting. ;)

Last edited by Forsak3n,

droso

o/

As I said before this cup, it makes the game boring as hell (I was relieved we lost in the first round actually; allowed us to play some “proper” tf2 afterwards).

Don’t allow this broken weapon please.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »