Forum

Quickfix

Created 24th June 2011 @ 21:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Waebi

‹Con›

those who have played with it: Does it have the same “multiuber-tradeoff” Uber/Kritz have?
If that is the case, it’s a really shitty weapon: It encourages actually switching target and healing many, but being only able to do that for a few seconds would make it worth pretty much nothing.

Last edited by Waebi,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

If only they graded people on TF2 theory. Personally I think I would get good grades for TF2 theory although my practical can be a bit dodgy at times.

Seriously play the game on thursday – see the results.

Coco

[d¿s]

Quoted from Waebi

those who have played with it: Does it have the same “multiuber-tradeoff” Uber/Kritz have?
If that is the case, it’s a really shitty weapon: It encourages actually switching target and healing many, but being only able to do that for a few seconds would make it worth pretty much nothing.

Yeah it is, I was actually wondering if that was a bug on the Quickfix… :P

Last edited by Coco,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

And I now fucking hate it, as solider. It is a piece of shit weapon that can go die.

Apart from that.

Having just played with it, I’d say its pretty useless. Mainly the ubercharge of it is, since the medic on the enemy team can just keep them alive through the faster healrate until the uber fades out.
Because the ubercharge is just generally not as useful as a kritz or regular uber, the game turned much more into a number game. Medic picks were less important than demo picks.

In my opinion, I don’t care weither it’ll be banned or not, if it won’t be banned, I guess we wont see it being used a lot anyways, since it doesn’t even have situational value like the kritzkrieg.

Last edited by Lord Benjamin,

m0mo

kpA|*
Win

MAYBE in a certain situations it may be usefull. But on gullywash when enemies have sentry + heavy it’s very hard to push. You have to focus on a sentry and on a heavy and you can still die. Anyway as a medigun replacement it’s useless. In certain situations – maybe.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I don’t like it at all, makes pushes very difficult and once you have mid, unless something very drastic happens, you probably have the round. Slows down gameplay a lot and sticky traps, heavies and sentries are very powerful.

I doubt it would ever be used in a game unless as a surprise tactic once per game at mid. Don’t mind whether it’s banned or not, I won’t be playing with it, seems fairly useless.

Coco

[d¿s]

For us it slowed the game down significantly, especially on gullywash, where it can be pretty hard to push trough the chokepoints without ubering trough.
Also it’s pretty hard to counter sg’s or smt similar. On our first match we got an sg in the last 5 mins. People hold close, sg wins.
As someone already mentioned, I don’t really see it being picked over either kritzkrieg or uber. The only reason kritz is usefull is when it’s used as a surprise tactic, and this is not the case with the Quickfix.
A no for me. :)

murje

sirkkels
[hePPa]

qf vs qf = epic
qf vs uber/kritz = doesn’t work

Sketch

MM

unlocks debate …. snore

Lyon

Worthless gun, image in gullywash last point : Heavy and a medic on a right side, sentry gun (3lvl) and good sniper on left side, demo and solly on middle side, its almost impossible to attack with quickfix.

Like i said, WORTHLESS GUN!

Martn

It’s no fun playing with it all the time.
And i can imagine that your in a disadvantage when your up against kritz/uber because of overheal.

Wabbeh

Quoted from Lyon

Worthless gun, image in gullywash last point : Heavy and a medic on a right side, sentry gun (3lvl) and good sniper on left side, demo and solly on middle side, its almost impossible to attack with quickfix.

Like i said, WORTHLESS GUN!

So you give 1 highly specific example and therefore it is useless in all situations…kritz does fuck all in some, and so does uber to an extent. Therefore they are all worthless.

Ryssen

re#
Chive

Not working aswell, there is one tactic that can keep everything stalematie. Get a sentry put everyone around the sentry and spam them when they go out. Also the dynamic of ubercharge advantage and such really destroys this because it recharges so fast. Maybe if you put in a match when you cannot expect it then maybe it works.

m0mo

kpA|*
Win

Quoted from Ryssen

Not working aswell, there is one tactic that can keep everything stalematie. Get a sentry put everyone around the sentry and spam them when they go out. Also the dynamic of ubercharge advantage and such really destroys this because it recharges so fast. Maybe if you put in a match when you cannot expect it then maybe it works.

Yeah it realy destroys the dynamics of uber charge advantages. Because even when you have that “uber” you can kill opponnent. It doesn’t even need much of an effort to kill an enemy. You just spam a lot.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »