Forum

Quickfix

Created 24th June 2011 @ 21:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

m0mo

kpA|*
Win

Quoted from droso

As I said before this cup, it makes the game boring as hell (I was relieved we lost in the first round actually; allowed us to play some “proper” tf2 afterwards).

Don’t allow this broken weapon please.

I do agree that the gameplay is realy boring when it’s all quick fix and no other mediguns. But if you can use all of the mediguns it may add some new cool twists to the gameplay. I had the same problem. Last ten minutes was so boring when using only quick fix. Mid and 2nd point weren’t so hard to take but the last one was just a torture.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

tbh, they should make all the healing guns give the medic the speed match buff. It adds a bit more skill opportunities to the class other than ubersaw or some pro needling.

As for the quickfix, try running a sniper against it. It makes life so much easier.

AnimaL

Quoted from AcidReniX

tbh, they should make all the healing guns give the medic the speed match buff. It adds a bit more skill opportunities to the class other than ubersaw or some pro needling.

As for the quickfix, try running a sniper against it. It makes life so much easier.

but would u really enjoy medic having “random” speed? imagine how a good medic can dodge and add scout speed to him, imo it would be punishing for new/bad/me players

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from droso

Don’t allow this broken weapon please.

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Yeah, that’s the worst part about the weapon. So hard to kill medic. I’ve had the same with me being ubered as scout vs a medic. 3×80 dmg shots don’t kill him :X.

you wouldn’t shoot to ubered medic, would u ?

Dummy

cough
told you so
cough

Keyro

Cheater

Tried it out in a pcw yesterday on badlands, we had normal uber and oppenent had quickfix.

For a reason i don’t explain, their medic didn’t use the speed boost at mids so mid fights were merely the same mid fights we see since 2 year, unless their soldiers weren’t buff.
It ended up for us to win all mids because the faster healrate isn’t enough versus the overheal at in this situation, sometimes they retreated very fast at mid and tried to push as soons as they had the uber but that wasn’t convincing. Just retreat and wait 5 seconds till’ you have normal uber or focus the medic when you see them push.

In the other parts of the game that was a very, very fast paced game (ended up 7-4 iirc), they pushed continually even if they didn’t have the uber because during push faster heal rate + speed boot seems to be equal to overheal bonus, as soon as they have uber they used it, sometimes it worked, sometimes not. If you want to stop a QF uber, just focus the medic.

Must say it’s a pretty interesting game pace wise and it must be tested all the summer so a propoer decision about QF can be done for next season, atm i would say QF is way weaker that medigun but can be interesting times to times.

As a scout, playing versus oppenents without overheal is just insane :D especially against soldiers.

Last edited by Keyro,

Taimou

Quickfix makes your scouts to adopt a passive playstyle, they have to play around the medic, and when the ubercharge is ready. Medic uses its on scouts everytime, it’s just fucking sick. In midfights its fucking good, but still I only see it work on badlands when you get a full wipe on enemy team on mid, OR you win the middle by using the charge and then go to second respawn to get kritz or normal medigun. Theres so many counters to it like sentries but since when have 2 soldiers from long range been unable to shoot down a sentry? :|
Don’t discuss about it/unlocks if you don’t understand the game.

also, should be allowed.

Last edited by Taimou,

Dummy

Quoted from Taimou

Quickfix makes your scouts to adopt a passive playstyle, they have to play around the medic, and when the ubercharge is ready. Medic uses its on scouts everytime, it’s just fucking sick. In midfights its fucking good, but still I only see it work on badlands when you get a full wipe on enemy team on mid, OR you win the middle by using the charge and then go to second respawn to get kritz or normal medigun. Theres so many counters to it like sentries but since when have 2 soldiers from long range been unable to shoot down a sentry? :|

also, should be allowed.

shouldn’t
:C

AnimaL

Quoted from Taimou

also, should be allowed.

no man, dummy said its shit… u have to gg then

M24_

a decision shouldn’t be made soon, the quickfix requires such a different playstyle from the entire team that 1 cup isn’t enough to judge its usefulness. this isn’t a weapon you can test in a mix to determine whether it’s god or not. more playtesting needs to be done, I think if a team really put some time in together then it can be really useful in situations (less so than kritz). should definately be allowed in ladder/cups otherwise there will be no incentive to test it en masse.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Taimou

also, should be allowed.

Eggshoes me but what does this have to do with brink????

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

When teams push – 2 people focus the medic instantly when he is forced to come into the fight to support his team – he dies then you can use the heals from your medic to clean up. Really a rubbish weapon for pushing.

BUT it does make the game funner imo. It takes away the uber from the game and makes you work around numbers, uber advantage means nothing when it is almost worthless, becomes about player advantage and really forces you to value your life.

AnimaL

on a better gameplay note: try running both demos with chargin targe and no stickies… game is SO FUCKING BETTER

Dummy

Quoted from AnimaL

on a better gameplay note: try running both demos with chargin targe and no stickies… game is SO FUCKING BETTER

loch n load persian enforcer + targe
’nuff said :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »