[S9] Highlander Season 9 Feedback

Created 21st September 2015 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 18 Next »

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

Actually, for the first two, that was kind of the point I was making.

For the last one: ok, fine, so we treat every cannonball as if it’s a double donk, which leads to more passive play from medics, and earlier ubers to avoid getting donked through chokes, and so on and so on. I don’t see why this is a good thing though. All we’re doing is increasing the number of picks needed for a successful push, which slows the game down.

how does this differ from having to pop early against regular pipes which kill you in the same amount of time as a double donk

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Muuki

how does this differ from having to pop early against regular pipes which kill you in the same amount of time as a double donk

Pipes have fixed damage of 100 regardless of range if they are direct. You know they will do under that if they are rolling. With the loose cannon, you don’t know if you will take fucking 30 damage or 141.

That being said, I am not in favour of banning it

quintosh

wL.

how many times does this shit actually double donk a medic on a map that isn’t viaduct?

Goreston

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

Except they don’t. It takes two pipes to kill a medic, and pipes are slower projectiles too.

I don’t necessarily think the Loose Cannon should be banned, but I do think it lacks decent counterplay. There are times when being double donked feels like being random crit.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

Except they don’t. It takes two pipes to kill a medic, and pipes are slower projectiles too.

I don’t necessarily think the Loose Cannon should be banned, but I do think it lacks decent counterplay. There are times when being double donked feels like being random crit.

getting hit by 2 directs/splash from teammates doesnt feel like being random crit? also last time i checked the medic doesnt have 125 hp

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Goreston

For the last one: ok, fine, so we treat every cannonball as if it’s a double donk,…

If you make the assumption that everybody hits every cannon perfectly since they are good players, than im assuming you can reflect every cannon ball away since youre a good pyro. Also im gonna assume that the medic can dodge every doubledonk. And since we are all such excellent players, everytime a sniper scopes in and puts the corsshair on our faces we duck in the perfect moment so the shot hits above our heads. Wow that totally would deny all snipers in the world man, we need to ban crouching even though that would make rocketjumping impossible…

Goreston

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

If you make the assumption that everybody hits every cannon perfectly since they are good players, than im assuming you can reflect every cannon ball away since youre a good pyro. Also im gonna assume that the medic can dodge every doubledonk. And since we are all such excellent players, everytime a sniper scopes in and puts the corsshair on our faces we duck in the perfect moment so the shot hits above our heads. Wow that totally would deny all snipers in the world man, we need to ban crouching even though that would make rocketjumping impossible…

The point I was making wasn’t that every demoman will hit every double donk. What I was saying was that, since there’s no way to tell how much damage you will take from the cannonball, you have to assume that it’s a double donk or risk dropping to it. I thought that this was what you meant when your suggestion for dealing with the LC was to simply stay out of spam lanes.

It’s one more reason to pop uber before entering a choke. Less effective ubers mean longer stalemates. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand about this.

Also, reflecting every double donk means that the first two will probably kill you.

adysky

there is no way to tell how much damage you are going to take from any class then, what if sniper charged full shot? what if spy is gonna headshot you instead of body? what if someone will hit you for 9 instead of 90 with shotgun? this game rewards skill for more damage, loose cannon timing takes practice as much as other weapons do to master.
unless you play viaduct, focus demo on viaduct

Last edited by adysky,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Loose cannon is massively viable in Product only and solely because the travel distance before exploding is perfect to spam across the point. Even then it is a mere ~40 damage at a time for each ball that does hit. Even on that map doubledonks are not particularly common enough to make a fuss about. instead, it is a once-in-a-while event that is determined more so by the demoman’s own prediction and use of the weapon than blind luck. Never will random spammed balls doubledonk your medic and if they do then I suggest you get a better medic.

The other application is to spam particular chokes where you expect the enemy team to be bunched up together, which you should know by now is a retarded thing to do when faced against a demo. That’s a feature of the class itself, not an abuse of any unlock. You group up together in some choke then you risk getting shat on. Disperse and suddenly the threat is gone.

Which brings me to my next point. In maps where the Demoman is obliged to maintain a considerable distance, the unlock is suddenly useless and powerless. Examples include just about every payload map, since the ball is guaranteed to explode before reaching the enemy in most situations. Not only that, but you lose the valuable firepower pipes/LnL provides against sentry guns.

Quoted from Goreston

It’s one more reason to pop uber before entering a choke. Less effective ubers mean longer stalemates. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand about this.

You do realize the irony of a pyro main complaining about ubers being made less effective?

Last edited by Fuxx,

Goreston

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

You do realize the irony of a pyro main complaining about ubers being made less effective?

I do, but arguing that ETF2L ban airblasting seemed like a waste of time. Especially in the middle of a conversation about the Loose Cannon.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

I do, but arguing that ETF2L ban airblasting seemed like a waste of time. Especially in the middle of a conversation about the Loose Cannon.

There are better things to do than to argue for the ban of a unlock that only has significant improvement of others in pretty much just one map in the whole pool.

There are better things to do than to nitpick with vague personal foundations which unlocks ought to be banned in the competitive gamemode that is closest at representing how the game was intended to be played.

Not that Valve really considers it a competitive game. If you want to go waste your breath policing banal things such as the Loose Cannon in a futile attempt at turning this into some form of respectable “balanced” competitive scene then… go ahead?

adysky

generaly sticky bombs are way better even after the nerf than any other demoman primaries for spamming chokepoints. loose cannon just adds the ability to defend various areas better than stock. i only use loose cannon when defending and only on few maps, eg upward 3rd and last, badwater 3rd, product, steel. in every other situation, stock is more viable

Goreston

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

If you want to go waste your breath policing banal things such as the Loose Cannon in a futile attempt at turning this into some form of respectable “balanced” competitive scene then… go ahead?

Cool, thanks man.

Goreston

Quoted from adysky

generaly sticky bombs are way better even after the nerf than any other demoman primaries for spamming chokepoints. loose cannon just adds the ability to defend various areas better than stock. i only use loose cannon when defending and only on few maps, eg upward 3rd and last, badwater 3rd, product, steel. in every other situation, stock is more viable

Ah yes, those notoriously difficult to defend points. Thank Christ we found a way to make holding Badwater 3rd viable.

Fuxx

REMOVE

If you’re not using stock pipes to spam over the house when defending badwater third then you’re doing it wrong

Also you’re grasping at straws. Badwater third was regarded as a difficult point to push even before Loose Cannon became popular.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 18 Next »