Forum

Consider an introduction of the "Three points for a win" system

Created 13th January 2012 @ 13:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

BZAD

I hope that there are other players who, like me, think, that the current point-distribution-system isn’t perfect.
So I wanted to ask if it was ever considered that the ETF2L league should introduce the “Three points for a win” system.
The reason for that is simple.
The “Tpfaw” system is now in use for at least 1-2 centuries in many sports leagues all around the world and has proven to provide a fair and exciting competition.
I experienced a lack of both attributes last season.

Maybe I am totally subjective; if so could somebody explain me the developement which lead to the point-system which is applied at the moment?

CHEERS!

Last edited by BZAD,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

What exactly do you mean? A won map already gives you 3 points, we just have no draws (due to popular demand a couple of seaspons ago)

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Points sytem is fine. Golden Cap is fun and exciting and tense and good for specs and that extra point stops there being loads of teams on exactly the same points at the end of the season and lots more ands and and and and and and and adn nad dan nda…

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

system is fine

BZAD

Why are my rhetorical skills just so fucked up…
…ok now I understand, that every map played is a separate game and so it it Is a “Three points for a win” system and I also see, that there aren’t draws, because of Golden caps.

But I wanted to know another thing: Capture Points.

Why are capture points nearly “unimportant” for the “look” of the final result.
Imagine a team winning 5-0, they did their job very well and fought flawless, but they do not achieve more compared to a team which won barely with 5-4.
And at the end if two teams have the same points they won witha higher win streak wins.
That could be considered.

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from BZAD

Why are capture points nearly “unimportant” for the “look” of the final result.
Imagine a team winning 5-0, they did their job very well and fought flawless, but they do not achieve more compared to a team which won barely with 5-4.
And at the end if two teams have the same points they won witha higher win streak wins.
That could be considered.

Do you mean streak or did you mean overall cap difference (like goal difference in football)?

AnimaL

you play different maps against different teams, in such case cap point difference imo cant be viable scoring option

Last edited by AnimaL,

BZAD

I meant cap difference, but as it seems that was refused because of different maps..

kaidus

WiK?

There are many arguments against cap-difference being considered, but in my opinion the best one is gravelpit. As long as it (or any map like it) is in the pool cap difference has to be irrelevant, as a team that is good on GPIT will always have a disadvantage to a team who is good on a particular 5cp map as there’s simply 3 extra points available even if they whitewash their opponent.

Niir

Could use the Rugby Union system:

4 pt Win
2 pt Draw
0 Loss
1 pt Bonus Point win (difference of 3)
1 pt Bonus point loss (less than a difference of 3)
Loss

or something like that. Rewards exceptional performance and fighting back.

BZAD

That is interesting, and the difference bonus could be adjusted for each map-class.

Last edited by BZAD,

Niir

the difference is totally flexible.

It would work well in tf2 as it would address the issue that 5-4 is not the same match as 5-0 for the winning team.

Monkeh

Nice idea Niir.

Gravelpit tho? Bonus point for 2-0?

Niir

i had only really considered it in relation to CP maps, not sure what we would need to do for gravel.

Skully

The point system a the moment reminds me of how the NHL is done, you win, you get all the points, go to golden cap, its lke overtime, you get points win or lose in GC/OT

it works, so why fix what isnt broken?

Quoted from Niir

the difference is totally flexible.

It would work well in tf2 as it would address the issue that 5-4 is not the same match as 5-0 for the winning team.

a system like that is used in wireplay and it totally stinks worse than a skunk, the only way it can be done properly is with having half points, 0.25, 0.33, 0.272846847263958, you get the idea. Yes its a nice system but would mean increasing the points for a win, and that would cause issues

Last edited by Skully,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »