Forum

About scheduling default dates

Created 10th November 2010 @ 11:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 13 Next »

Reload

BiG
BiG

Again, how is it a 6 hours notice? The other team suggested thursday on a monday afternoon. This leaves monday evening to thursday afternoon, rougly 72 hours, to reply. Not 6 hours.

Tikcus

Quoted from Reload

Again, how is it a 6 hours notice? The other team suggested thursday on a monday afternoon. This leaves monday evening to thursday afternoon, rougly 72 hours, to reply. Not 6 hours.

That was a suggested time, not an actual agreed game time

The point you are missing/failing to understand is the game was giving a Default date, only 6 hours before the time on the Default date!

I’d wage a fair bit not many teams in ETF2L can get a team together within 6 hours, and assuming they were at school or work they realistically had a lot less time to get a team together.

How were they to know an admin would make a default date for the same day 3 days earlier?

Reload

BiG
BiG

How am I missing the point? The admins don’t wait with setting a default date until sunday (the match deadline) just hoping for the other team to reply. If they do that then there will be tons of matches overdue.

In the news post at the start of every season, they make it clear pretty well that you should start scheduling your matches a week prior to the week you’re supposed to play it in. If you wait with that or if you don’t check the match page again (in this case after you ask the opponents which days they can play), then this sort of thing will happen. It’s not the admins to blame for that, that they set an ‘unfair default date’, it’s your own fault for not checking back in time

Tikcus

I don’t think anyone has suggested the OP was faultless in this, but as the time between the default date being set and time of the match, this was only ever going to end in a default loss.

kaidus

WiK?

Could admins also not set default dates to 20:30 and other such useless times. You might as well just not bother doing it as no one will play that time.

Reload

BiG
BiG

Quoted from Tikcus

I don’t think anyone has suggested the OP was faultless in this, but as the time between the default date being set and time of the match, this was only ever going to end in a default loss.

Just for you because you can’t seem to read:

Checking the match page anywhere between monday 6:44pm and thursday 7:30pm would have prevented that.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kaidus

Could admins also not set default dates to 20:30 and other such useless times. You might as well just not bother doing it as no one will play that time.

Yeah. Set it at 2100 or 2115cet.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from kaidus

If there are specific times at which you’d prefer to play (or not to play), post them in the match comments, or your team description if they’re a constant thing.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

My tips for getting a good default date:
– Schedule your matches before Monday
– If your opponent does not react or you can not agree on a day:
– Copy any conversation with your opponent on the match page
– Write down the days on the match page that suit you best and the ones that are completely impossible to make for your team

Just write ANYTHING on the match page… Remember: We can only know what YOU wrote on the match page (or on your team page). ETF2L admins are not all knowing.
In this case the default was a bit unlucky, I admit, but it could have easily prevented if you just wrote ANYTHING on that match page.

About the 50+ default dates per week:
Well, it’s rather 100+ per week (not including 200+ in the highlander group stage)

Hunt3r

LAME

1. the suggested date was never send as a challenge (aka we didnt get an email)
2. schedule deadline was october 24th not 28th. why wasnt it set on sunday?!
3. a 6 hour notice is almost like nothing. we dont hang out the whole day on etf2l match pages. We could have easily drawn a wildcard if somebody would have noticed that. But we do have a real life. We go to school and to work. We do sports and other stuff, which all can easily last longer than 20:00

here something everybody should read again (by nuck chorris)

But in this special case, Team 2 didn´t even have the chance to react within 6 hours. They couldn´t even draw a wildcard as they didn´t notice the defdate on time, which is truly not their fault on such short notice – most people have real life business to take care of in the daytime. That´s simply unfair, even if their opponents made the huge effort to post a “Thursday 20.30 cet?” on the matchpage – there´s no way Woo could notice that date being set within a few hours and react to it in time. A default win is just plain wrong and it should be changed imo, maybe by taking one wildcard away from Woo or something to remind them to look at their matchpages/emails more often – but that should be it, and they should have their chance at playing this match.

And actually it´s not an attitude thing, as some try to make it look that way – if Woo wouldn´t care that much, they wouldn´t protest against this strange decision.

btw what I don´t really get, in this league of sportsmen, with all the fairness provided by most of its players – why does DR reject to replay the match? That´s actually the worst part for me, and shows some real lack of manners.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Hunt3r

2. schedule deadline was october 24th not 28th. why wasnt it set on sunday?!

Because admins have irl stuff as well

Tob

Wooo!
FDM

see?

but admins dont get an instant default loss for it. ;)

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Tob

see?

but admins dont get an instant default loss for it. ;)

Because admins are doing a favour and taking care of your laziness, while you’re just being a lazy cunt.

Tob

Wooo!
FDM

and whats even more fatal:
admins didn’t integrate the ignorethebitchytroll-button to the etf2l board yet.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Love ya Skyride.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 13 Next »