Forum

About scheduling default dates

Created 10th November 2010 @ 11:17

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »

Tob

Wooo!
FDM

In week 1 (and by 1 i mean 2) of season 8 my team didn’t manage to set up a match date (http://etf2l.org/matches/23233/), so we get a default date, which was scheduled round about 6 hours after it has been set.

Unfortunately nobody of my team checked the etfl page or his emails during this 6 hours and so we got a default loss without knowing that there was a scheduled match date.

I know there is an admin statement at the match page but i think this is just not fair. In my opinion a default date schould be set at least 24 hours before it’s scheduled.

AnimaL

l2 !admin @ #etf2l

Nor

rda

As far as i know default dates are always set for sunday

baerbel

trick17
trick17

they are not set on sunday if one of the teams made the effort and actually tried to schedule the game. so if team a says hey, lets play tuesday and the other team doesnt reply at all ( after the schedule deadline) the default date will be set to tuesday most likely.

Tob

Wooo!
FDM

I have no problem with that, but with the fact that the game was set 6 hours before it was scheduled, thats all.

Quoted from AnimaL

l2 !admin @ #etf2l

we already had a discussion with an admin about it.
he said, if the opponent agrees, we can reschedule the match.
the opponent did not agree.

imho its a point, that can be discussed in public.

Tikcus

OP has a point, it is unreasonable to schedule a default date for the same day.
a minimum of 24 hours notice should be giving to give the clan a reasonable chance of raising 6 players.

Default dates on the same day as posted, will see nothing but a default win, and I can’t believe anyone wants that

This doesn’t remove the fact that their is no documented effort on OP part to arrange the match

AnimaL

Quoted from baerbel

they are not set on sunday if one of the teams made the effort and actually tried to schedule the game. so if team a says hey, lets play tuesday and the other team doesnt reply at all ( after the schedule deadline) the default date will be set to tuesday most likely.

no? http://etf2l.org/matches/22119/

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Im not gonna discuss single matches, just telling you how its handled.

9th / 14th / 15th 2115cet

AnimaL

and im telling you it doesnt work how u said

Quoted from AnimaL

That default date is set to one of your proposed dates. Seems to me it does work how he said.

Tob

Wooo!
FDM

thats offtopic guys.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

The guy has a point, this default date is just silly. (for both teams, mind.)

ShoX

Sir
dp.

Quoted from AnimaL

/agree

I attempted to schedule a game, the other team rejected and suggested another date. Admin chose their date *shrug* not entirely sure how that’s fair/sensible.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

I’m sure there are cases in which the default dates are not set in a fair way no question. This is easily avoided by either scheduling a game within the schedule deadline or talking to your opponent about rearranging the match before match deadline. In the worst case you have to use a wildcard if the opponent is not willing to help you out.

I don’t know how many hours admins have spent setting 50+ default dates every week just because people don’t schedule their games on time but it’s gotta be a lot. Mistakes happen.

Communication is the key.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Another thing: I was under the impression that default dates are set when the scheduling deadline has passed. This default date was set on a thursday, 4 days after the scheduling deadline. It’s reasonable to expect a default date soon after the scheduling deadline has passed, if it comes up just a few hours before your match I can see how you’d be surprised by it. I think it’s very reasonable to have a decent period of time between setting the default date and the default date itself. Even if the team had read the site or their email, this would’ve most likely resulted in a wildcard. That’d be annoying for both teams involved, and another burden for the admins.

The default date is even based on a scheduling proposal made after de scheduling deadline, I’m not sure why that team should be rewarded with their proposition, as they were the team that didn’t try to schedule before the scheduling deadline.

Besides all this, we’d better figure out a way to get teams to respond to proposals (and better: accept them) and get less default dates. To me it seems there are a lot of teams who think “default date is sunday, I can play on sunday, can’t be arsed to response” and that’s frustrating.

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »