Forum

ETF2L S16 Ruleset Feedback

Created 9th September 2013 @ 20:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

Quoted from accless

[…]

Those don’t refer to themselves as communities as far as I know.
I’m not saying you have to listen to low-div input but good and well-based arguments should be considered no matter who made them.

edit: Besides, pretty sure opinions are split at the higher divisions as well

I think the main thing to take away is not that all medium tier and minus players don’t have an opinion on the matter, its just that it carries significantly less weight up to the point of negligibility simply because it doesnt matter how particularly gifted a certain individual is at rhetoric or logical reasoning, they are still missing a large piece of the puzzle granted by experience. Empathy can only do you so much good, and players who think that they should get an ‘equal vote’ in the comings and goings of the league (circa old-ETF2L) are either not interested in a high standard of competition or are misguided in their way of thinking.

And yes I’m an asinine bigot, however I think things need to be treated a little heavy-handedly before people start to swell with self-importance.

accless

cp_

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

I think the main thing to take away is not that all medium tier and minus players don’t have an opinion on the matter, its just that it carries significantly less weight up to the point of negligibility simply because it doesnt matter how particularly gifted a certain individual is at rhetoric or logical reasoning, they are still missing a large piece of the puzzle granted by experience.

Agreed. Still, there’s people on both sides of that argument and so far, nobody from the higher divisions has filled us in (and I’d like to get counter-arguments beyond ‘no, ur wrong, scrup’, otherwise I’ll keep thinking there is no issue where others see the end of the world).

Last edited by accless,

Quoted from accless

[…]

Agreed. Still, there’s people on both sides of that argument and so far, nobody from the higher divisions has filled us in (and I’d like to get counter-arguments beyond ‘no, ur wrong, scrup’, otherwise I’ll keep thinking there is no issue where others see the end of the world).

Ask Admirable if you want to know what prem players think. His official guise is prem-league liason so he’s perfect for that. Go on, he won’t bite.

accless

cp_

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Go on, he won’t bite.

He can do far worse than that.

Kaneco

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

I think the main thing to take away is not that all medium tier and minus players don’t have an opinion on the matter, its just that it carries significantly less weight up to the point of negligibility simply because it doesnt matter how particularly gifted a certain individual is at rhetoric or logical reasoning, they are still missing a large piece of the puzzle granted by experience. Empathy can only do you so much good, and players who think that they should get an ‘equal vote’ in the comings and goings of the league (circa old-ETF2L) are either not interested in a high standard of competition or are misguided in their way of thinking.

So porting your reasoning to another similar circustance, and let me see if I get this right, what you are saying is that ETF2L admins should only be prem/top players otherwise they are not qualified to make decisions that mantain a high standard of competition?

So basically Crasp and Canfo (reached div 5 and div 4 respectively) which are the most sucessfull and highly regarded admins in ETF2L history should have never been admins, because they are not qualified to make decisions that affect top players?

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
So porting your reasoning to another similar circustance, and let me see if I get this right, what you are saying is that ETF2L admins should only be prem/top players otherwise they are not qualified to make decisions that mantain a high standard of competition?

So basically Crasp and Canfo (reached div 5 and div 4 respectively) which are the most successful and highly regarded admins in ETF2L history should have never been admins, because they are not qualified to make decisions that affect top players?

Asking for high div admins is a little bit of a big ask, however they are asked to be impartial and make decisions in the best interest in the league and of competition. You know where this is going.

Also, by what metric are you ascertaining that canfo and crasp are the most successful? I don’t think you are partial to what actually happens behind the scenes and I’d like to think a high div presence is ascertained throughout with their high div liasons etc.

Selek

Dr. med.

Let me cherry pick a prem player opinion then:

GeaR: Epsilon said:

September 9th, 2013 at 18:33

[…]But what the hell, why only one new unlock? Be right back in 5 years, when we maybe have 10 new unlocks added :/ Crap

I am aware that this may not be the opinion of all higher div players, of course.

Spike Himself

TC

Don’t argue with chaplain about what admins should and shouldn’t do or be capable of. I can tell you in advance, from experience, that he has very little knowledge of the matter :P

The majority of our work doesn’t even involve anything related to the game itself or how it is played – any div6’er with the right intentions could do it. No offense.

Sure, sometimes we do stuff with unlocks or class restrictions, but do you really think none of us read the forums, or that we are incapable of judging which voice in the public bears more meaning, or that we do not discuss and argue amongst ourselves to reach our common goal? I’m not saying that the admin team rely solely on external sources (because that’s simply not the case), but we are capable of judging when and how to consult them.

But hey, I’m an incapable admin according to Chaplain (and many others!), so what do I know! :D

Quoted from Spike Himself

Don’t argue with chaplain about what admins should and shouldn’t do or be capable of. I can tell you in advance, from experience, that he has very little knowledge of the matter :P

The majority of our work doesn’t even involve anything related to the game itself or how it is played – any div6’er with the right intentions could do it. No offense.

Sure, sometimes we do stuff with unlocks or class restrictions, but do you really think none of us read the forums, or that we are incapable of judging which voice in the public bears more meaning, or that we do not discuss and argue amongst ourselves to reach our common goal? I’m not saying that the admin team rely solely on external sources (because that’s simply not the case), but we are capable of judging when and how to consult them.

But hey, I’m an incapable admin according to Chaplain (and many others!), so what do I know! :D

Welcome to Animal Farm.

Spike Himself

TC

Cheers! Nothing personal btw, in case the safety smiles didn’t imply that already.

Quoted from Spike Himself

Cheers! Nothing personal btw, in case the safety smiles didn’t imply that already.

Of course not, I don’t think we’ve actually shared a word off the forums or irc really and I’m pretty sure I come across as an asinine scarecrow clamoring for a deliberate debate to more than a small number of the ETF2L populous. In terms of ETF2L hoi polloi I like to think of myself as a Snowball figure but in reality I’m more of a hen.
Quoted from Selek

Let me cherry pick a prem player opinion then:

[…]

I am aware that this may not be the opinion of all higher div players, of course.

I actually think the majority of prem players are in favour of more unlocks (I know for certain there was a list circulating that had a number of great additions) I’m not against unlocks I’m just against people with over-inflated senses of self-importance like myself

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Welcome to Animal Farm.

Does that mean Sonny is Napoleon?

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

2 unlocks good
4 unlocks baaaaaaaaaad