Forum

ETF2L S16 Ruleset Feedback

Created 9th September 2013 @ 20:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »

AnimaL

can’t see L’Etranger not beeing used now

its as straight upgrade as ubersaw for medic

edit: nice “variety” right there, from 9 new weapons half are clear upgrade when used in 6v6’s environment

you need to add more weapons to justify the op (to the default) ones

Last edited by AnimaL,

unu

The Degreaser
The Flare Gun
The Axtinguisher
The Dalokohs Bar

All of those above are now going to be standard, except maybe flare gun. There’s no reason at all for not using them with the current unlocks allowed. I would like to see Sandvich be allowed as well to have a decent alternative to the Dalokohs bar.

The rest of the unlocks I don’t care about as they won’t make that much of a difference.

Last edited by unu,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Just because a weapon is a clear upgrade, doesn’t mean it’s bad for the game. This is an argument I don’t get sometimes. The Pyro isn’t a main class and even with these unlocks, it’s still not really viable as a main class, but it bridges the gap just a little bit more. For example, after defending last, it’s now viable to continue to push out as a pyro, instead of it being a strict requirement to go back to spawn and change class.

Plus the Pyro combination requires skill and is very entertaining to spectate.

Zimmer

Christmas morning for pyro-mains

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Axetinguisher does not require skill. I’m pretty sure you could make a little script/bind to switch weapons and swing instantly. Even without a bind even I can manage it easy enough. That is proof you don’t need skill.

Axetinguisher? Seriously? FM actual L.

Season 16 may be my last. Getting set on fire air blasted and swiped with a big ass axe isn’t my idea of fun. Absolutley no way for a medic to survive. Garrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by Monkeh,

AcidReniX

Quoted from Monkeh

Axetinguisher does not require skill. I’m pretty sure you could make a little script/bind to switch weapons and swing instantly. Even without a bind even I can manage it easy enough. That is proof you don’t need skill.

Season 16 may be my last.

You still have to get next to your target. The skill isn’t in the swing or the weapon switch, it’s using a melee weapon in competitive TF2. Sure, getting a hit with a melee weapon isn’t the hardest thing in the world, but hitting a scattergun shot is still easier.

The pyro’s burn, blast, axe combo is not technically difficult, but getting into the position to pull it off is much harder and to be honest, if you got into that position as a pyro, you could have probably done 10x more if you were a soldier or scout.

Also I’m actually laughing that a Pyro buff is enough to make you consider not playing this game. it’s still just a damn Pyro rofl. You should just leave now.

Last edited by AcidReniX,

accless

cp_

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

You still have to get next to your target. The skill isn’t in the swing or the weapon switch, it’s using a melee weapon in competitive TF2. Sure, getting a hit with a melee weapon isn’t the hardest thing in the world, but hitting a scattergun shot is still easier.

The pyro’s burn, blast, axe combo is not technically difficult, but getting into the position to pull it off is much harder and to be honest, if you got into that position as a pyro, you could have probably done 10x more if you were a soldier or scout.

Also I’m actually laughing that a Pyro buff is enough to make you consider not playing this game. it’s still just a damn Pyro rofl. You should just leave now.

Oi, no need to get insulting.
Give it some time. There’s always growing pains.
I was about to type the getting close thing myself. I like that the pyro will be more than an M2 spammer now. You don’t just trample over him anymore.

AcidReniX

Quoted from Monkeh

Season 16 may be my last. Getting set on fire air blasted and swiped with a big ass axe isn’t my idea of fun. Absolutley no way for a medic to survive. Garrrrrrrrrrr

Also, what do you do against snipers? The player has the ability to instantly kill you and all he needs is vision of your head. The rest is completely out of your control as it is a hitscan weapon so the ball is entirely in their court. A pyro has to get within air blast range and still has to pull off a combo that takes nearly a second to pull off.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Why did you decide to buff the pyro that much and not the other hardly used classes?

HoneyBadger

free

Quoted from Monkeh

I’m sure the americans have lost count of how many times medics have died to the axtinguisher.

accless

cp_

Quoted from Vlijm

Why did you decide to buff the pyro that much and not the other hardly used classes?

Which are?

unu

Am I the only one who reads whatever Arx writes with his casting voice?

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Take away axetinguisher, replace with powerjack. :(

Also what Arx said about the Pyro is pertty much true.

If you see a Pyro running at you, are you seriously going to let him continue running at you? Pyros are super easy to take out in 6s, every other class can kill it. Pyro is NOT a direct counter to soldiers. Just think to yourself, is the pyro the one that shoots the rocket?

Scouts can just stay out of the pyros range, demoman can do the same and shoot stickies faster than pyro reflects, soldiers think before they shoot.

The axetinguisher doesn’t give an “easy/cheap” kill either since you have to be in the closest range. But I dislike the thought of it in 6s, throwing too many weapons at people who dislike change and the axetinguisher gets a lot of hate, I would much prefer a powerjack because then you can bring a pyro to mid slightly ahead of the medic and it doesn’t deal a hell of a lot of damage.

Would have been better to ease the pain of pyro on players who only know how to deal with certain classes and weapons.

Last edited by Tomu,

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from accless

[…]

I wrote a huge Paragraph about the FaN and then realised it’s all just theory. So instead I’ll just ask in what way the FaN makes you reconsider fighting a Scout.

If you jump at an FaN scout, you’re dead.

One medium-dmg shot is all that’s needed to completely immobilize you.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from accless

[…]

Which are?

Battle engineer and demoknight under represented in 6v66666666666 ::_(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »