Forum

ETF2L S16 Ruleset Feedback

Created 9th September 2013 @ 20:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »

Kaneco

Guess I should create a topic instead of simply commenting on the newspost

Tbh I think class limits are were an overreaction to something that almost never happens, I rarely saw teams defending with 2 snipers and if they did it was fairly easy to counter than and basically the defending team had 2 less players .

The 2 engies I dont understand as well. Sure it might happen 2 sentries ( I personally never saw it happen) and most it did was let another teammate help upgrading a sentry.

About the heavy, well, rarely you see that problem and when you do it’s on those last pushes that are a crazy mess, but basically it was handy to have one extra limit on heavy so you could come out of spawn as soon as the first heavy died :(

But the thing I’m most bothered with is metalworks, I literally see no appeal in the map, feedback about it wasn’t even asked on the forums, it’s mostly unknown to eu players and it’s not a process, Process was actually a pretty good map when it came to us and it had a great flow, I don’t see that in metalworks, besides I hate the color palette of that map, it’s too dark and feels like I need to cut myself at any minute.

I would even prefer bringing gravelpit back.

About the winger, its good, but seriously, 1 unlock only? It’s about time we abandon our regressive whitelist and start bringing some stuff to the table. You were so inclined about changing to the NA ruleset, but IMO changing our whitelist is much more important than the ruleset.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Smyther

X

-snip-

Last edited by Smyther,

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

100% agreed, I don’t want metalworks, give us a koth map!

I don’t understand, why did double-engi got banned, but I don’t actually mind that, but I agree with Kaneco about metalworks, I think it’s not gonna work, but dunno, maybe it works, what I have heard, mostly people have agreed, that metalworks shouldn’t get played. Plsz, give my gpit.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from snappe

I don’t understand, why did double-engi got banned, but I don’t actually mind that, but I agree with Kaneco about metalworks, I think it’s not gonna work, but dunno, maybe it works, what I have heard, mostly people have agreed, that metalworks shouldn’t get played. Plsz, give my gpit.

How can it NOT work? every game on it to be decided by coinflip?

Worst case scenario – it gets removed after being tested during the season. Oh noes, the world will end!

kaidus

WiK?

Why the fuck is double sniper banned? Two engis I can understand (although I don’t agree), but banning double sniper is just a mind fuck.

Smyther

X

Someone pointed out that metalworks should perhaps have been put back later in the season, like week 5 or 6 not week 3. Also coalplant could’ve been interesting :(

But w/e, it’s done now, how to metalworks plz.

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

*NEWS FLASH*
“Double sniper being OP after 6 years of testing!”

*NEWS FLASH*
“Double engi reported too strong for uber!”

I actually don’t mind those changes that much, I’m just curious what happened that you guys decided to change those limits?

In order to disable certain abusive double Engineer and Sniper defense strategies, these classes are now limited to 1 per team. The complete rule reads as follows:

That’s actually not a good clarification

Last edited by Mors Immortalis,

aura

A perfect season for me would look something like this:
Map pool:
-snakewater removed so that it could be finished
+koth_coalplant_b2 (ashville remake)
Class limits:
engy limit 1
sniper limit 2
Unlocks:
+flaregun
+fan
+ambassador
+degreaser
+Loose Cannon
+Widowmaker

Last edited by aura,

Selek

Dr. med.

I guess I missed the pre-season unlocks discussion, so let’s do it here:

Why don’t you allow more unlocks?

It’s a similar discussion every time, but I can’t the see the disadvantage of allowing not-OP unlocks. I guess we all saw or heard of the boring quick-fix/heavy match on gullywash. What most people don’t mention: They used the rebalanced Concheror for great effect to push! IMHO, this was unexpected and would NEVER happen in ETF2L because of the rigid ban-everything-except rule.

And how about making offclasses more viable in their roles? Example: The rebalanced L’Etranger makes Spies more mobile and flexible on those ammo-scarce CP maps. The downside is lower DPS, and I killed many a medic with the standard revolver. Balanced weapon, please allow it.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Mors Immortalis

*NEWS FLASH*
“Double sniper being OP after 6 years of testing!”

*NEWS FLASH*
“Double engi reported too strong for uber!”

I actually don’t mind those changes that much, I’m just curious what happened that you guys decided to change those limits?
[…]
That’s actually not a good clarification

From newspost comments;

Engineer has been limited to 1 due to the ability to build a level 3 sentry super quickly, with the added ability of a double sentry last hold. With the timelimit 30 still being in place, we feel that strategy is a bit too strong. Sniper has been limited in 1 due to the ability to double snipe from spawn and instantly change class, this is particularly strong on process and snakewater last. It’s not necessarily the strength of the class that made us limit to 1, but the utility to be able to swap instantly and still be very useful.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

From newspost comments;

Engineer has been limited to 1 due to the ability to build a level 3 sentry super quickly, with the added ability of a double sentry last hold. With the timelimit 30 still being in place, we feel that strategy is a bit too strong. Sniper has been limited in 1 due to the ability to double snipe from spawn and instantly change class, this is particularly strong on process and snakewater last. It’s not necessarily the strength of the class that made us limit to 1, but the utility to be able to swap instantly and still be very useful.

Sentries go down in three rockets/stickies and ignores receiving damage fall-off. Even if you have two of them they are pretty easy to take down. Double sniper from spawn is completely legit tactic because you don’t have vision from spawn anyway, so it’s a non-existant problem.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Sentries go down in three rockets/stickies and ignores receiving damage fall-off. Even if you have two of them they are pretty easy to take down. Double sniper from spawn is completely legit tactic because you don’t have vision from spawn anyway, so it’s a non-existant problem.

The point is that the uber has to completely focused towards both sentries, while the engies can be sitting in spawn waiting to swap to scout/soldier as soon as the sentry dies.

Double sniper from spawn is not a problem on some maps, granted (Granary, Badlands). However on certain maps (Process, Snakewater) there are good sightlines obtained from standing at spawn. That is why the rule has been implemented.

accless

cp_

Quoted from Selek

I guess I missed the pre-season unlocks discussion, so let’s do it here:

Why don’t you allow more unlocks?

It’s a similar discussion every time, but I can’t the see the disadvantage of allowing not-OP unlocks. I guess we all saw or heard of the boring quick-fix/heavy match on gullywash. What most people don’t mention: They used the rebalanced Concheror for great effect to push! IMHO, this was unexpected and would NEVER happen in ETF2L because of the rigid ban-everything-except rule.

And how about making offclasses more viable in their roles? Example: The rebalanced L’Etranger makes Spies more mobile and flexible on those ammo-scarce CP maps. The downside is lower DPS, and I killed many a medic with the standard revolver. Balanced weapon, please allow it.

This. There are so many unlocks, particularily on the non cookie-cutter classes that will not break the game but would make those classes more viable and more fun to play.
From the Mix^/HRG match, I’d like to see other unlocks like the Concheror. It seemed fun and actually viable for a rush strategy. It’d mix things up and give you more options while pushing.

Oupa

Nave

Love the map pool a new map per season makes things fresh and fun.
The new unlocks don’t really change anything (winger oh wow).
And the class limits well kinda agree with the engie and heavy but not sure why they also added sniper there but doesn’t really change much besides defend last on process for broder…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »