Forum

In need of a new pad + mouse

Created 30th January 2010 @ 19:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Zappah

nou

So about 3 months ago or so I bought the razer exactmat.
I am using the deathadder and I must say this pad is not what i expected at all, it gets worn down really quick, I’ve used both sides and both of the arent what they used to be + they got these white dots on them, I have no idea why this happens.

So anyway, just wanted to know what pads do you recommend.

Btw, I’ve been thinking of buying the Ikari or the Xai, somebody has any experience with those mice?

Mike

TEZC

Razer Goliath mat and Razer Mamba? Saying how much money you can spend would be helpful :p

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

razer deathadder and the boogie bug pad :)

idNk

mx518 + qck
cheap and powerful

tragett

Quoted from idNk

mx518 + qck+
cheap and powerful

fixed it for you ;)

if you dont have a limited budget Xai + S&S is pretty good, but then again xpenSive

Iller

tGa

If money is not a big problem I can really recommend the mouse and pad I am using :
The Mionix Naos 5000 and the Qpad Heaton.
In my opinion there is nothing better available on the market right now. I simply can’t see anything that would improve the gaming experience further.

I have experience from several different mice, for example the Ikari mice (both the optical and the laser version).
I used the optical mouse first and it was very comfortable and an optical sensor which is about the same quality as on the older Deathadder and the MX518.
The laser Ikari is a bit more “precise” in it’s movements.

The Mionix Naos is superior to all of them in my opinion. Some of the functions I really like on this mouse is the possibility to adjust “lift distance” (that is the range of the laser sensor) and the Surface analyzer tool where you can see precisely how good the mouse tracks on the current mouse pad.
The only negative thing I have to say about this mouse is that it is very expensive. On the other hand it is still cheaper than the razer Mamba..

Regarding the Xai I have heard about some tracking problems. Don’t remember where I read it, but I guess there are some info on youtube and google.

Edit :
The Qpad 5K is another new very good mouse many people recommend. I haven’t tested it myself though.

Last edited by Iller,

Zappah

nou

Hmmm, got like 100 euros to spend.
About the mouse, I’m looking for a rather small mouse, the deathadder is pretty large.
And another thing, I heard that cloth mats get dirty much faster which prevents sliding of the mouse and shit like that, while plastic ones doesnt do that, any opinions? :)

and thanks!

Iller

tGa

On the other hand, many plastic pads got the problem that they get “worn out” after a while. The pad might get more flat in some areas which might cause the friction to be different on different places on the pad. This is very annoying if you are sensitive.

However, laser sensors usually like harder plastic pads more than cloth pads. I can confirm that on my mouse by using the surface analyzer on different pads.

I cannot confirm what you say about the cloth pads since I have never used one for a long period of time (at least in the modern age…).

Last edited by Iller,

idNk

Quoted from Zappah

I heard that cloth mats get dirty much faster which prevents sliding of the mouse and shit like that, while plastic ones doesnt do that, any opinions? :)

i just buy new qck every 3-4 months. it costs like 5$ :D

Zappah

nou

Quoted from Iller

On the other hand, many plastic pads got the problem that they get “worn out” after a while. The pad might get more flat in some areas which might cause the friction to be different on different places on the pad. This is very annoying if you are sensitive.

However, laser sensors usually like harder plastic pads more than cloth pads. I can confirm that on my mouse by using the surface analyzer on different pads.

I cannot confirm what you say about the cloth pads since I have never used one for a long period of time (at least in the modern age…).

Yeah, that’s exactly my problem here.
I can’t seem to understand whats the difference between laser mice and optical ones, please explain? :P

KOVACS

I also had eXactmat for a short time and likewise mine wore out within a couple of weeks!

If you like the low friction coefficient that hard mats offer I suggest buying a Steelseries SX. I got mine after the massive fail that is eXactmat and been using it going on a year now without ANY reduction in performance.

It doesn’t wear out like eXactmat and if you can believe it, the glide is actually even smoother than speed side on eXactmat. It’s also bigger in terms of usable surface area and looks stylish :)

If you want a small, lightweight mouse check out the Razer Salmosa and Abyssus, both of which are considerably smaller than the DA. Hope that helps.

Zappah

nou

Quoted from KOVACS

I also had eXactmat for a short time and likewise mine wore out within a couple of weeks!

If you like the low friction coefficient that hard mats offer I suggest buying a Steelseries SX. I got mine after the massive fail that is eXactmat and been using it going on a year now without ANY reduction in performance.

It doesn’t wear out like eXactmat and if you can believe it, the glide is actually even smoother than speed side on eXactmat. It’s also bigger in terms of usable surface area and looks stylish :)

If you want a small, lightweight mouse check out the Razer Salmosa and Abyssus, both of which are considerably smaller than the DA. Hope that helps.

Definitely gonna check that mat! thanks a lot! :)

and about the mouse, I really need a 4th button at the left side of it :P
so I guess the abyssus isn’t going to be good, and about the salmosa, I heard it breaks alot and has alot of squicky voices coming out of it haha…

I’ve been thinking on getting the logitech g9 actually, I heard its pretty small, is it? :o

mb

keso

mx518 /thread dunno bout mats tho… maybe A REALLY BIG ONE!? O.o

minimoose

Logitech G9 is either very small, smallish depending on which casing you use. I’m using it on a low friction mousepad and it works well, although I can’t compare it to optical alternatives because I’ve never had a good mouse before this one.

Zappah

nou

Quoted from mb

mx518 /thread dunno bout mats tho… maybe A REALLY BIG ONE!? O.o

read abit dude.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »