Forum

People from Britain, I need your help.

Created 29th March 2009 @ 13:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

BvD

flowerpower/

Hey guys,

First of all, this is a question from me to everyone who lives in Britain. Alright, that said, let’s go on to the actual story.

For the ones of you who don’t know me, I’m BvD. Real name Beau, I live in Holland. For all my life I’ve been very interested in your language and spent alot of time learning/speaking it. Now that I’m 17 y/o and graduating this year, I’m planning to move over to England for a year.(I know I have told some people I wanted to go to Australia, but that’s too hard/expensive ^^) What I want to do, is live with a British family for a year, maybe work and study formal English.

My problem is that I totally have no understanding of how the scholar system works out there, how I can arrange my 1-year adventure. Can someone please give me some information regarding certain companies involved in this, what universtity/school I should go to and how/what/when?

Hugs and kisses, BvD

Joshua

I think this is a massive thing to be talking about doing, and quite complicated, so I can’t be bothered putting it all in a forum post. Come and have a chat with me in irc in #TheN3 as N3^Joshua, or add me on steam jk0306, I’m about to apply to university so I’m in pretty much the same situation as you.

BvD

flowerpower/

Yeah =D I need to know where to start. I’ll contact you

rezzyy

pCÃ

Errrm i know that there is loads of Student exchange things and loads of stuff like that

but other than that im pretty much thick on the subjest dont go up north though they all SUCK :D

Comedian

i’d say, go to your school, contact your rector, he should be able to help ya

Bones

[SAS]
[SAS]

Don’t go up north, strange people live there

Joshua

Ninja edit Bones.

PS. The North is great.

Bones

[SAS]
[SAS]

Lol ye, I answered my own question by reading it again

Bury

Not sure on how qualifications transfer from abroad, but I’d expect for you’d need to do A levels before you apply to a main university, or you could simply sign up to the Open University, teaching from home and shit. Depending on the field of learning and your time scale; get something that gives you real time experience instead of just academic shit. Your local colleges should provide something similar to this, usually a ‘tech’ school.

Wlv

RaWr ::

Bury is correct, it’s unlikiely that your current qualifications will get you in to an English uni, although your best bet is to actually call or email a) British embassy b) your current school/college and they will be able to point you in the right direction

Edd

T2P

wtf rez_e, just because everything nice is up there ^_^.

BvD

flowerpower/

I don’t know how it works up there, but in holland I’m at the highest level of education and will be able to go to uni in holland next year.

I spoke to Akill for some time and he gave me some good explanation/tips of how it works up there in britain =DD I’m first gonna speak to my english tutor and make a start. I’ll keep you guys posted, if u like =DD

Redman350

[FB]

Most universities acknowledge the exam systems in other countries, certainly true between Ireland and Britain anyway.

Akill

c u @ i39 :P

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Come to manchester uni when u sort all your qualifications out.

Fucking awesome mate!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »