Forum

Epsilon.TF2 in Shootmania FINALS in Paris

Created 17th June 2012 @ 09:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Flippy

LEGO
DA!

After a whole week of playing diz game, i can say that my TF2 is 100000000x way better than shootmania.

Also sorry stefan bash and shintard, i didnt come back to say bye bye :(

Last edited by Flippy,

english vods anywhere?

btw, there was a last-minute prize added to third, a CM Storm: Inferno mouse from CoolerMaster:
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=3006

I know I might sound like nvc right now, but it’s brand new and in the packaging. RRP is like 60 dollars, on Amazon it’s like 44 dollars. Will sell for £23 if someone’s willing to pick it up at i46 (cba packaging).

Not sure about english VODs btw.

atmo

Quoted from Shintaz

[…]

colwn said a bit about the grids you can hide behind and how they make the game somewhat boring. NADEO replied with “yeah, but there’s an in-game map editor which is really easy to use”. It was like saying “if you want it done, do it yourself”, and I laughed.

This seems to be the defence of all the ardent Shootmania fans as well, but it doesn’t really hold water.

I mean, TF2 is a great platform for dozens of unusual game types (surf, jump, bball, mge, soap dm, dodge ball, prophunt …) but TF2 itself is already an amazing game which is what draws people to that platform and then it expands from there. Same with Quake III Arena to Defrag and CPMA blah blah blah.

Shootmania doesn’t seem to promise a good game from the outset, just lots of hype about flexibility and money throwing.

Last edited by atmo,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Why does the game have a igib gun that only seems to have a distinct advantage over the rocket launcher things? I’m not super familiar with SM, but that really stood out for me. Just makes me go “why not just play ictf?”.

Last edited by Koeitje,

atmo

Mods can tweak all the game rules and the existing weapons but that’s all. You can not add weapons, change the player movement neither modify the environment
also it won’t be possible to change the FOV (Field of view)

the logo on the shield will be customizable though

Shields are the new hats

Last edited by atmo,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from IPZIE

you know they are pros in quake right, and this isnt quake, whats the point xD

Quake is about as close as you get to a holy grail for competitive fps games, especially if you look at the top players.

IPZIE

SUAVE

tell me the similarities

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from IPZIE

tell me the similarities

There’s an instagib weapon thats similar to the railgun and a projectile weapon thats similar to rocket launcher (no splash damage however).

Movement seemed to be based on jumping and sliding out of jumps (might be wrong on this but I only had the stream to go on not having alpha access myself).

The game mode I watched was 3v1 cp defense which puts the single attacker in situations that you might also encounter in a CTF game (outnumbered by defense who have to hold a single area).

Both games are shooters that are tailored for competition (though from what I’ve seen Shootmania lacks the depth that Quake has, but it might be too early in the games lifespan to truly say anything meaningfull about this).

IPZIE

SUAVE

so, the movement system is not the same, the weapons are not the same ( the rail doenst feel like the rail) and the gamemodes are not the same. Well okay

It´s a great game and i played it a bit over the last few days but you cant compare it with quake at all. You could also just say there are hills and gras and thats why its like cod4.
o/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4