Forum

End the most senseless war on earth

Created 26th May 2011 @ 01:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »

fisk

KiH
KiH

I’m not going to stand and preach before you when someone else can do that for me. If you are interested in ending the senseless war against drugs click on the following link to get more information regarding the topic and why even the avaaz which usually asks for support against censorship, grave oppression and such topics would take it up for debate.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/end_the_war_on_drugs/

flushy

P.O.P

+1

pizza

legalize da ‘erb

hal

blah

lol pulliticks

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Very leas Cannabis should be legalized and regulated.

THINK OF THE TAX MONEY

2nuts

schhhhhtay awhile and listen

cook

FB

weed makes you stupid. fact.

Pyle

Quoted from cook

weed makes you stupid. fact.

true, but it makes you peacefull as well.

+1.

True freedom means you should be able to use whatever you want to. Then again, true freedom has never existed in human history.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Pyle

[…]

true, but it makes you peacefull as well.

+1.

True freedom means you should be able to use whatever you want to. Then again, true freedom has never existed in human history.

True freedom to rape and pillage? Legalizing drugs to me just gives out the message they are “ok to use”. If that barrier is removed you’d get more people trying every drug under the sun. Ever seen a heroin addict? Not nice.
Still though maybe it’ll be survival of the fittest, if you’re dumb enough to take hard drugs you deserve to die? I’m down with that.
Theres up sides and down sides to every option, but people who vote in this poll are probably just stinky stoners who want cheap and easy weed :p. I know plently of people who’ve used weed for like 10 years or so and quit and you can blatently tell the difference, they speak monotone without much emotion and seem a bit frazzled in the brain.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Yep agreed with tapley the long term effects on people is very obvious when your old group of friends gather up again 10 years later…. how old am I :(

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

The problem with the war on drugs is that it’s never going to get the funding to compete with the drug cartels and orgs. Four hundred BILLION dollars profit was made in the US alone last year from selling drugs. There is no way any government could come close to matching that budget and therefore there’s no way it’s a winnable war.

People are always going to get drugs if they want them. Legalizing drugs would open up a HUGE new revenue stream for governments via taxation, improve the ‘quality’ as dealers wouldn’t need to cut stuff with worse stuff and keep impressionable younglings out of the way of the criminal element that might encourage them to try other, more addictive, destructive and profitable drugs.

The only downside to legalization is the fact that all drugs are harmful in some small or large way. Either mentally or physically, so why legalize something that harms the populace, but then alcohol and tobacco are two of the most harmful things in society and remain legal.

Last edited by Monkeh,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

True freedom to rape and pillage? Legalizing drugs to me just gives out the message they are “ok to use”. If that barrier is removed you’d get more people trying every drug under the sun. Ever seen a heroin addict? Not nice.
Still though maybe it’ll be survival of the fittest, if you’re dumb enough to take hard drugs you deserve to die? I’m down with that.
Theres up sides and down sides to every option, but people who vote in this poll are probably just stinky stoners who want cheap and easy weed :p. I know plently of people who’ve used weed for like 10 years or so and quit and you can blatently tell the difference, they speak monotone without much emotion and seem a bit frazzled in the brain.

On the other side, legalizing drugs (even hard drugs) allows you to exert more control over the substance. You can set standards for quality, quantity you’re allowed to purchase and proper age checks. You would also have more control over the tools people use to consume the substances (over here they ran a trial where heroin addicts could get clean needles and get the substance tested on quality before use, all anonymously. Which halved problems for heroin users).

While I’m a bit twisted about hard drugs, soft drugs (Cannabis, psycobilin mushrooms etc) should be legal. Especially cannabis.

We are a dopey species, our history as a species shows alot of use of substances for various purposes. Would you rather leave the control of those substances in the hands of criminals, along with all the problems that brings with it (the only way to settle disputes on a black market is violence). Or would you rather that we treat the substances like alcohol and nicotine. Where the use is discouraged, but the choice is left to each individual himself.

Also, the bit about people who’ve smoked weed for 10 years or longer becoming frizzled in the brain and becoming monotone and unemotional is anecdotal evidence. I can find just as many long time stoners in Amsterdam who are perfectly normal people whom you can’t tell apart from people who don’t smoke weed.

Eventually all of it will be legal, big pharma will eventually capitalize on the market (look at the potential for profit). Tobacco companies already have trademarks for cannabis products aswell.

As far as the true freedom bit, what I think he meant is that you can do whatever you want as long as your actions do not cause any harm to anyone, or prevent anyone from having the same freedom. As in my right to freedom ends where yours begins. To simplify it even more, I wouldn’t have the right to kill/rape you in that situation because it would cause harm/prevent you from having the freedom to live/not be raped.

Last edited by herpderp,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

True freedom to rape and pillage?

“Without inflicting harm on others” C’mon, it should be obvious that that’s implied.

I think it’s not the government’s job to decide what an individual does with his own body. And, legalisation set aside, (soft) drugs should at least be decriminalised. Even though the Dutch “gedoogbeleid” (roughly translated to “toleration policy”) is full of legal loopholes and law inconsistencies; it does find a balance by not criminalizing recreational drug use yet also not actively “promoting” it.

n00ne

I signed.

This works both ways tho. Allowing hard drugs might seem completely insane, but you have to admit – if they’re regulated and are made properly the dangers of taking them are halved. Did you know that extacy, coke and heroin that is sold only includes 20% or less of the substance in them? The rest are additives, because it’s cheaper to make that way. Besides they’re all usable in many ways other than using them to get a high. One thing does trouble me tho, crystal methamphetamine. Its basically made of chloroform, ether, acetone, ammonia, hydrochloric acid, methylamine, iodine, hydroiodic acid, lithium or sodium, mercury, and hydrogen gas.

Take marijuana for example, you can make paper and clothes out of it, but it’s illegal because people abuse it, eventho its proven harmless.

Forgive me if this doesn’t make much sense, I just woke up.

B-T-DUB: Heres a great site if you want to find out what actually happens when you take a certain drug. http://www.urban75.com/Drugs/index.html
Best info I’ve seen, straight up and truthful.

Last edited by n00ne,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from skeej

[…]

“Without inflicting harm on others” C’mon, it should be obvious that that’s implied.

I think it’s not the government’s job to decide what an individual does with his own body. And, legalisation set aside, (soft) drugs should at least be decriminalised. Even though the Dutch “gedoogbeleid” (roughly translated to “toleration policy”) is full of legal loopholes and law inconsistencies; it does find a balance by not criminalizing recreational drug use yet also not actively “promoting” it.

Speaking of which; if you live near the border you’ll find all nearby coffee shops to have vanished since about a year or 2 ago, and people still attempting to sell “on the streets” are getting fined for it.
Only because people complained about the amount of foreigners (belgians, frenchies, etc) that come here to acquire nature’s finest product in a less illegal manner.

On the other hand that is literally the only downside to living in the south. Welkom in Brabant, KUT.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »