Forum

cp_logjam (5CP)

Created 17th June 2014 @ 23:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 36 Next »

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I feel like the planks on mid that you readded are unnecessary and just take away space you could use to dodge. Makes fights in that area kind of awkward. Might just be my impression though.

In general, I’d like to see some doors and doorframes moved so walking backwards feels more natural. I personally keep running into doorframes and miss the door :(

The forwardspawn on middle seems to be a bit to close to 2nd, or maybe the respawntimes are too short. This can make pushing out of last a bit frustrating, especially if you can’t commit everyone to 2nd because of possible people behind etc. Again, this might just be my impression.

I didn’t notice any bugs except some weird roamer spots that are caused by source engine, but I’m also not the kind of person that specifically looks for bugs.

Thanks for actively working on this map, we need more people like you :)

Meeto

In my own experience, the mid and second point’s are pretty good for now. It’s just last that slows down the game and is a balls ache to push into and out of. The plank piles on mid aren’t really necessary and just tended to get in the way, as well as looking out of place, maybe remove them? From my own teams personal experience, maybe we’re just bad, but maybe doing something to make the push into last from the right side a little easier? At the moment, it’s too easy to just get stuffed out, and one pyro can completely fuck the push with minimal effort, especially since they can see you coming thanks to the window giving an unobstructed view of anything hanging around that side. Everything just seems easily predicted; you can see anyone coming in from anywhere thanks to main being so far back, with the exception of maybe sneaky, but that’s not too hard to keep tabs on anymore with the grating giving you a view into it.

Last edited by Meeto,

kaidus

WiK?

Personally I think last is the best functioning point on the map… The only problem I have with it is pushing out, but that’s more the fault of 2nd providing such positional advantage and all the entrances being so narrow with regard to one another.

doks

Still think moving those doors would improve last massively :)

NeuTronas

Last point should be more like gullywash last.
It’s impossible to go “pick offclass” when pushing because sniper has no chance to peek anywhere and spy is easily detected because shutter doors and spam on the right side.

I mean, one automatic doors should be removed and there should be a secret way from behind to get on the point (like underwater in gully).

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from NeuTronas

there should be a secret way from behind to get on the point (like underwater in gully).

Then we’d essentially just have gully last.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

why dont you just delete your last point and replace it with gully, cause gully last is way betterKAPPA

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from NeuTronas

It’s impossible to go “pick offclass” when pushing because sniper has no chance to peek anywhere and spy is easily detected because shutter doors and spam on the right side.

Pushing last on sniper is easy, all you need is a bit of team coordination, besides, the map is broken for snipers anyway so why make it even more sniper friendly by letting them do it on last as well?

The main issue on this map for me is and always has been middle, there is still no incentive to go over on middle as you can pretty much see everything happening clear as day, going out from the bottom left side under the bridge is pointless as you can stare at the person about to jump for a good 3 seconds before he does.

The annoying thing is that I’ve been bringing this up from the start and there has only been small changes that haven’t exactly addressed the problem head on. Middle is just turning in to obscure mid but worse.

Meeto

Quoted from NeuTronas

I mean, one automatic doors should be removed and there should be a secret way from behind to get on the point (like underwater in gully).

With how fast the point caps, that would just be fucking obnoxious though.

Netsky

Quoted from MARS^

I feel like the planks on mid that you readded are unnecessary and just take away space you could use to dodge. Makes fights in that area kind of awkward. Might just be my impression though.

In general, I’d like to see some doors and doorframes moved so walking backwards feels more natural. I personally keep running into doorframes and miss the door :(

agree with both points.
Maybe lower the stack of planks so you can jump on them? If you are concerned about sniper sightlines … maybe add some fence towards chocke? Not sure if there is space for it
Doorframes are really odd sometimes. Maybe a “user friendly” clipping would help, but I guess the better way would be to adjust their position

Hyce

If anyone’s got anything else to say about Logjam, now’s the time.

Things that I’ve done/am working on for b20:
New mid- similar but different graphically and tweaked to hopefully make pushing across the point easier/warranted

Modified upper right entrance into last- no more shutter or stupid angle

Sniper sightlines at 2nd- forward spawn being moved

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Can you map z-shaped so the flank through cave is much shorter?

Hyce

cp_logjam_b20pre2 (pre1 was a test version I showed to a few people)

Here’s a preliminary version of b20. More detailing and possible tweaks to come prior to ETF2L S21 (assuming it’s still in). I’ve changed the mid significantly and fixed some other issues. I hope you all like it! I’d love feedback soon.

Special thanks to phi for giving me some examples on detailing some of this stuff. She’s the homie!

download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqrr0jbijcnp6wh/cp_logjam_b20pre2.bsp?dl=0

Changes:
-Modified the upper left (as a defender) entrance into last- it’s no longer a shutter and is structured a bit differently.
-Replaced the bridge on mid with a rock structure to limit sight but maintain the feeling of mid.
-Removed the houses on mid.
-Added a structure on mid coming off of the outer hallways to block sight and high ground.
-Smoothed a corner in the sneaky upper exit (per request of Stark)
-Moved the forward spawn at CP2 and CP4 to be underneat the upper exit and modified the pathways to that exit
-Did a bit of detailing, changes all the rock cliff textures.

Note: As this is a preliminary beta, there’s going to be some graphical glitches and maybe some odd clipping. Post if you see any of this! Thanks!

Screens:
http://i.imgur.com/aDQOBjf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D7qcTCu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ky5Vggm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/THToOxg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wPOjTTp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/h7sQJpG.jpg

doks

oh wow.

NeuTronas

logjam > granary, sunshine and viaduct.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 36 Next »