Forum

MNM #4 Feedback

Created 3rd May 2010 @ 22:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Viaduct makes for very intense games due to the short time limit, small map and short respawn times. Very Sniper friendly, but at the same time very Scout friendly which can counter Snipers pretty well. Overall a map I definitely want to see in S8 due to the high intensity of the matches giving ferocious battles all around. :D

Also wanna say it was awesome to be in the high bracket and get a chance to play against 7 Brothers. :D

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Reload

BiG
BiG

Amen to that :)

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

It is a good map, I didn’t enjoy the game that much because we sucked and were just running around with no clue where to go :D

But I think it can be a potential winner here, the times where we actually made sense to what we were doing it was a very enjoyable map to play, abit scout and sniper friendly but our heavy helped with that.

Pozitive

HWarriors

Hey!
Nice to see that you always try something new. But i think a King of the Hill map need more and more test.
Our game was okay, and me and my mates enjoyed it. First round, the enemy gave us the golden cap cos they’ll have some kind of official, and our second match seemed impossible against Bacon.
I think, the map is a little bit boring, due this is the smallest map where ever a 6v6 were played. But this map is good for off-casts, like Sniper/Heavy, and Engineer or Pyro also could be useful. There are some walls, which slow down the game, slow the route to mid. I think if someone can make (or Valve) a final version of this map, and can fix these small bugs, it can be OK for 6v6. But currently the normal route is only from one side, and it isn’t the most perfect. And when the two team arrive, it’s like a little spamfest, bigger than turbine.
But, this is a koth map, and a round is just about 5-6 minutes. So this results exciting matches, and THIS is the reason why it should be added to the mappool next season.

Pozitive

kaidus

WiK?

GJ to admins, though an appauling demonstration of PR let the show down for me. Enjoyed playing the cup even though a very roughly considered rule sought to jeopardize this. I’d strongly reccomend reconsidering the stance on mercs in post-season cups when 6v6 rosters are locked. There’s no reason a team should be unable to compete with their regular roster regardless of whatever percievable “instability” this may incur.

Also before anyone takes this personally, this is simply as objective a judgement as I can give granted my circumstance. If you don’t like my view then fine, but it’s offered constructively and in no way seeks to attack anyone or undermine their efforts.

I really liked the map though. Should be in s8 over gorge/well/turbine.

Last edited by kaidus,

dougiie

CotC

only got to spec the guys play, but got great feedback from an enjoyable game vs broder.

just one thing, the HIGH draw was made with 10mins before the deadline for start, It took me about 5 mins to contact someone, and then sort server, get people on, so we were about 7-8 mins late.

Can you try do it a bit earlier? or get some other admins to help you as I appreciate you had an awful lot to do with the news post and the actual draw.

I played as a merc for a team tonight and this map needs to be in Season 8. It is so intense with the short respawns and close quarters.
Snipers become the main target. Any class can be used in this game.
Love it, tonnes better then any of the other maps we’ve seen on MNM imo.

Quoted from dougiie

just one thing, the HIGH draw was made with 10mins before the deadline for start, It took me about 5 mins to contact someone, and then sort server, get people on, so we were about 7-8 mins late.

Can you try do it a bit earlier? or get some other admins to help you as I appreciate you had an awful lot to do with the news post and the actual draw.

This, though I suspect multiple people messaging you (me included) didn’t exactly help XD

Also, I fucking love the fact we can roll out with pretty much any class and it’s still viable. :>

ilike2spin

RLM

What’s the format? First to 3 wins? Alot of results seem to be 3-1, 3-0 or whatever.

Quoted from ilike2spin

What’s the format? First to 3 wins? Alot of results seem to be 3-1, 3-0 or whatever.

Windifference 3, timelimit 30.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I think the High Draw lateness was mostly due to teams being dropped due to not having enough players, could be wrong though.

what we played was good, very fun very intense.

Close game and good map, irritating getting caught on little bits and pieces of buildings when trying to jump though.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Enef

I think the High Draw lateness was mostly due to teams being dropped due to not having enough players, could be wrong though.

Correct – had issues setting up the high bracket with half a dozen teams not having enough players on their roster at the time. It delayed things quite considerably.

Edit: And thanks for the feedback about the map guys, your comments are appreciated :) As I mentioned before, we’re looking at as many maps as we can for Season 8 and the 6th Cup.

Last edited by d2m,

dougiie

CotC

this is just a random late night idea, how about having 3 brackets, for example,

High – div 1-2
w/e – div 3-4
Low – 5-6

I understand that its hard to get the number of teams, but I think more benificial map testing can become of this. Much closer games can be had, and possibly give a true reflection of how a league game would go, due to similiar skill level.

mineral

[kpwr]

Ye it kind of feels that you roll or get rolled.. Regardless, a fun map. Replace turbine/gorge with this :)

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I didn’t get to play because my team is a bunch of mongs who want to play badlands and granary repeadetely 4 nights a week, but I personally find it a great map. As has been said pretty much any class is viable, and since it is a really dmish map it’s a great change from the usual maps. From what I’ve seen, it also plays really well in the US. Wasn’t lucky enough to be able to spectate yesterdays matches, tho.

Last edited by Rake,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »