Forum

Mid season "hijack rule" changes

Created 29th March 2010 @ 09:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

WildCard

Snowie:

Well it has changed in my eyes :) “if none or very few” to me that means noless than 2 people a team needs a minimum of 6, so assuming it was going to be more than a minimum of 2 remaining you would of used the words “at least half or 3 or more”.

And considering it used to say 50% (and even 40% at one edit i believe) that is a very big change.

“Few” implies a vey small number as you have sugested above, also seems foolish to leave such a important rule open to such interpritation as many people will view it differently.

If as you say simply trying to make it more clear you have doen the complete opposite by not categorically stating what the minimum amount of players left in a team will be before it is considered hyjacked.

Hellfish

Quoted from SnowiE

WildCard the rule itself hasn’t changed, it’s just the wording is perhaps more clear.

more clear?
old rule was: 50%
now its: if less or a few

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from SnowiE

WildCard the rule itself hasn’t changed, it’s just the wording is perhaps more clear.

How can it possibly be ‘more clear’ to change a numerical value to something vague and nonspecific? It is entirely the opposite.

Vali

-9w-

Because the application of the rule is much more vague than something specific like a certain %, thus it is more clear in describing in what circumstances actions would be taken.

There is a massive difference between say Loco (the star that he is) being down to himself and Koeitje and attempting to keep his clan going with mass recruitment and another situation where say 2 people decide to join their friend’s clan (who are on the waiting list for season 7) and hijack the folded clan’s place by effectively making the old clan into their new clan.

WildCard

Well regarding Paraoxism, in there last etf2l game they only had 2 of there original lineup, everyone else was either recently recruited or brought in from original paraoxism, looking at the “noone or very few ” ie 2 players” left hyjack rule would seem to apply in my eyes.

Could argue that they still have the players on there roster from original lineup and so have not infact broke this rule yet, all depends on your point of view i guess and if you enfore the rule based on the teams lineup for a match or there overall roster.

I do recall though before the season started the same argument being used with another team and that team who had brought in 2-3 new players and still have 5 old ones on there roster, but they was told they was breaking the hyjack rule and its “tough” basically.

My point is admins need to be far more consistent and apply the same rule to everyone and not subtly alter them to makes there decissions seem easier, especailly not when it has already been applied in force to other teams. I dont disagree with leting paraxoysm recruit new players but rules are rules and if you enforce them on 1 team, then they should be enforced on all ;)

Consistency is what this league lacks imo.

Vali

-9w-

Consistency is brilliant, but only when it’s being applied to rules that aren’t making wrong decisions. Consistency for the sake of consistency is just going to lead to fucking over more clans in situations where they’re being punished by rules that were never intended to punish them. The clan you’re referencing (based on what you said) got fucked over, but that doesn’t mean ETF2L should keep making mistakes. It’s not like anything about those decisions can be done now though, except maybe the admins should just send their apologies and a fruitbasket to whoever the leader is.

In this case, it was either recruit or fold and I don’t think we want another team dropping. Demourge is clearly scum for getting div2 players to join div4 but there was a separate agreement that dealt specifically with that part of the scenario. There is no hijacking of a clan going on here, if 3-6 paroxysm 1 members were playing the px2 matches then sure.

alqaidagummy

sorry.

Last edited by alqaidagummy,

Fodi

Quoted from Vali

Consistency is brilliant, but only when it’s being applied to rules that aren’t making wrong decisions. Consistency for the sake of consistency is just going to lead to fucking over more clans in situations where they’re being punished by rules that were never intended to punish them. The clan you’re referencing (based on what you said) got fucked over, but that doesn’t mean ETF2L should keep making mistakes. It’s not like anything about those decisions can be done now though, except maybe the admins should just send their apologies and a fruitbasket to whoever the leader is.

In this case, it was either recruit or fold and I don’t think we want another team dropping. Demourge is clearly scum for getting div2 players to join div4 but there was a separate agreement that dealt specifically with that part of the scenario. There is no hijacking of a clan going on here, if 3-6 paroxysm 1 members were playing the px2 matches then sure.

Totally agreed.
Also we want to make the thing clear that Dems and the rest of the guys from px1 didnt join us to carry our ass up to div3. When they folded we had serious lineup issues so that they only joined to back up if we wouldn’t have enough players on a match (like this time). The 2squads are still separated: we found our new recruits and they seem to find theirs. All in all, it isnt about a div2 clan trying to take over the control in div4; just look behind the curtains…

Hellfish

Quoted from alqaidagummy

cry moar.
<3 hokka.
done.

… if you dont have anything constructive to bring in here shut the fuck up!

fodi,
but cant u understand the other teams in your div? at the start of the season px2 was a team in div4 which was able to reach the promotion in div3 with a lot of hard work. and now its like you will get there anyway cause the 2 div2 players + guys like forza or moregnan will carry you to that goal.
i see that it isnt hijacking what you did, but it isnt fair at all.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from alqaidagummy

cry moar.
<3 hokka.
done.

Please consider your comments carefully before writing them. Your team have already been punished for flaming. Is it really wise to continue that?

Norris

Hellfish, think about this in a different way.

Any clan would be forbidden to recruit at all by your logic. And I bet a lot of teams recruited to become better mid season. At this point I can clearly NOT even see how px2 did became better by having players like me on the roster who did not play officals in ages. I bet every random div4 player could easily replace me on the field because I do play like shit atm.

plus I rather let px2 play and their recruits because they have to practive their teamplay for next season anyway..

and why does Gobi even care? He ragequitted tf2 with a placebo gf excuse…

Last edited by Norris,

Quoted from Hellfish

[…]

fodi,
but cant u understand the other teams in your div? at the start of the season px2 was a team in div4 which was able to reach the promotion in div3 with a lot of hard work. and now its like you will get there anyway cause the 2 div2 players + guys like forza or moregnan will carry you to that goal.

If you’re going to complain about px2 doing that, take a look 1 division lower at =[IDK]=.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Hellfish

[…]

fodi,

We already knew there were people not gonna be happy with this situation and so did the admins, so they took the (right) decision of contacting me to make an agreement of not more than 2 ex px1 players per px2 game.

We even keep abiding to the rule when we recruit new players for px, because if I was so keen on winning px2’s games, I would’ve used Forza for example and other people I’m in talks with for the px1 reform to sign up and play for Moregnan and PAN to increase our chances, yet we choose not to because we agree it would be unfair.

By the time a remainder of px1 joined the px2 roster, they only had 5 people left on their roster, so they were still on the lookout for new players. When 3 of them had to be away due to rl commitments (it happens, really!), we were left with only 2 players from the signed roster. Even with the only 2 ex px1 players arrangement we would not have been able to play. So what do you do? Indeed, you recruit new people.

We had the luck to run into Moregnan and PAN which we took for px2 and decided to play with them as we had no other way of playing the game. I think it’s safe to say that I doubt the rule was made so we had to default all our games the rest of the season because we recruited 2 people for an already struggling team, right?
We currently have 13 people signed up, in any situation it would be rather odd that we wouldn’t be “able” to play? It is a league, game ought to be played, not debate over rules to get defaults.

About Moregnan maybe not being div4. Perhaps I agree, my opinion isn’t really worth anything in that matter. I didn’t even recruit him but evoke did to start with and I have no intention of getting him into the px1 reform. So he actually was recruited for px2, yes.

As for EFALL .. if they were really so into the rules, they wouldn’t have played the game. Ingame they told us an admin told them to play it and see afterwards. If they really were that keen on getting the default or whatever, I doubt they would’ve played the game at all or quit after the first map, correct? Instead they played the full match, lost and after losing the 2nd map they were like: No problem, we are getting a default anyway :D.

It looks to me someone was being a sore loser. If you wanted the default so badly I doubt you would’ve played at all. Yet you still chose to play and when it turned out you didn’t win you want to get a default?

I’m sorry all this has happened, honestly, it was a big waste of everyone’s time that could’ve been spent much better. I wish EFALL the best of luck in the future and hope situations like this do not occur in the future (for anyone).

Last edited by demsii,

Hellfish

i think there is a different in joining a lower team and playing off classes or being inactive like you do(@norris) or rhs. but it is rly fair to let players like the old px squad or moregnan join in mid season into a team and rape div4?
i guess thats why gobi made this thread. his team worked hard to get where they are and now they lost against a team which may just won cause of their new lineup.
but it looks like there isnt a single rule against this.
so px2, hope youll get a stable lineup for the next season and show us what you rly can reach.

@ demou i can understand your problems and that you didnt hijacked px2. but as you said, moregnan isnt on the lvl of px2. so you had 2px1 players + moregnan in your war against efall. thats like 3 players on the px1 lvl. i think that this will not happen again when the whole px2 lineup is back. but next time take a wildcard, thats more fair in my eyes ;)

Last edited by Hellfish,

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Hellfish

i think there is a different in joining a lower team and playing off classes or being inactive like you do(@norris) or rhs. but it is rly fair to let players like the old px squad or moregnan join in mid season into a team and rape div4?
i guess thats why gobi made this thread. his team worked hard to get where they are and now they lost against a team which may just won cause of their new lineup.
but it looks like there isnt a single rule against this.
so px2, hope youll get a stable lineup for the next season and show us what you rly can reach.

So basicly what you are saying at the moment is that players cannot join teams they prefer in general, because it might be “unfair”? Relationships are formed and people look for other teams, it happens. If they wanna play with each other, so be it. Sure, there should be a certain limit to this perhaps if you want to keep it “fair”. And are you claiming px2 or px in general did not put in the same amount of effort to keep things working? Do you think this is what we do by choice just so we can win our games?

If so, you are sorely mistaken. As I told you before, if we were so keen on winning, I would’ve used different recruits to play for them to increase our chances, but we didn’t.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »