Forum

Season 7 Rules

Created 3rd February 2010 @ 15:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

archy

Quoted from ilike2spin

It’s the thing the medic can do so you can jump up into the A spawn tunnel and use kritz. Or at least that’s what it has been used for before. Theres a little ledge on the rock to the right of the left tunnel and you jump on it. The thing is that it’s a bug, or some people think so and the rules aren’t clear.

i dont see why this is any kind of bug/exploit/glitch/abuse or whatever. its just that this certain point in the map is designed like this… absolutely no bug imo.

or someone explain me why this is a bug, plz.

Quoted from Monkeh

Is the fact that a soldier who doesn’t have buff banner equipped can do some damage and then go to re-sup, equip it, and find it fully charged, an example of an exploit?

yes thats truly a bug. it is like you would be able to gather heads with the bottle and when you killed 4 people switch to sword and then run around like a madman.

Last edited by archy,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Monkeh

Is the fact that a soldier who doesn’t have buff banner equipped can do some damage and then go to re-sup, equip it, and find it fully charged, an example of an exploit?

Yes that’s obviously not how the weapon was intended to be used, so it’s a bug that can be exploited. Hopefully it will be fixed.

SEASON 7 RUUUULES HELL YEAH

kurt

trick17
trick17

Quoted from Ino

[…]

that was a match against us, right?

I think what Dunc meant was that it’s a bug/glitch and the rules state “bug abuse” is not allowed or sth. Pretty general rule though.

Yes it was. An official statement concerning this jump would be appreciated. We’re using it quite a lot and i don’t think it’s a bug.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Herr Braffle

SEASON 7 RUUUULES HELL YEAH

Lol, I hope it does.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kurt

As we are talking about gravelpit do you know if the jump from point A back inside the hallway to the spawn of the attacking team is considered an exploit? I once played against a team and Teddybear overlord Dunc said it was forbidden. The rules do not adress this issue however.

It’s not a bug or whatever. You can even hear the medic/demo through the door. People are free to use it imo, I don’t care. Eventhough I’m pretty sure Loco can’t do it :P.

And if this is banned, what about the jump from gravelpit B into the hallways leading up to blue. You can spawnrape there to. Jump is a bit harder (I think I saw some pwr players trying it and failing at winter assembly on stv :P) but still possible.

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jjHgw7VkpI

Last edited by Koeitje,

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Insane D:

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

That’s a sweet jump!

kurt

trick17
trick17

Thanks for bringing this up although i might break my bones trying to do that jump.

Hoping these get updated soon, was told today in the cup that gunboats weren’t allowed.. can’t even tell who was right as the newspost says :

“The Force’A’Nature, Sandman, Direct Hit and Buff Banner are limited to 1 per team. All other unlocks are allowed. Teams are free to agree about limiting unlocks further, but such an agreement must be noted on the relevant match page.”

….but having said that the current rules don’t mention solly unlocks at all.. sooo…

Last edited by Spaceboy McGhee,

bpf

rockit

Quoted from Spaceboy McGhee

Hoping these get updated soon, was told today in the cup that gunboats weren’t allowed.. can’t even tell who was right as the newspost says :

“The Force’A’Nature, Sandman, Direct Hit and Buff Banner are limited to 1 per team. All other unlocks are allowed. Teams are free to agree about limiting unlocks further, but such an agreement must be noted on the relevant match page.”

….but having said that the current rules don’t mention solly unlocks at all.. sooo…

I remember D2M saying on irc that the gunboats wont be allowed

Last edited by bpf,

Ok they’re updated now, thanks admins :)

Bit disappointed about the Gunboats but I understand that the decision is totally logical and fair. My only slight complaint is that it might have been nice to have had the ban mooted as likely in the provisional rules post like 3-4 weeks ago.. as that would have given people more chance to write to valve expressing the need for a guaranteed way of unlocking the boots (which hopefully they would have had time to do before the season started). That said nobody’s perfect and if the admins are in communication with valve anyway they no doubt expressed this to them regardless with sadly no results as of yet :<

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2